Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

13 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Well, it is logical to do that . . . 

Agreed, but we still get some of our support not learning this lesson, whenever a random self publicised ITK comes out with usually positive unverified information. This despite 16 months of numerous ‘exclusives’, which then come to absolute nothing. We’ve all done it due to desperation for this takeover (most anyway). I will admit that the claim on Sunday (or Saturday) pricked my interest and I did follow the thread for a few days (never took notice of that forum before). When I was thinking through things earlier, I started to question a few things (see my post above). He might be totally right and his source good, despite my now suspicion. The one good thing is that we will know this week either way. He may just be taking a punt based on his belief as it’s a 50/50 choice. If he’s wrong he could then just say I won’t listen to that source in future (used by many alleged ITKs many many times).

I've been quite entertained by the Euros especially the 2, 5 and 8pm kick off times. Took my attention away from NUFC related stuff, especially the takeover. Now we're down to the fewer games and kickoff, I bet I'd be looking back on here more ofter again.

Edited by nufcjb

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Agreed, but we still get some of our support not learning this lesson, whenever a random self publicised ITK comes out with usually positive unverified information. This despite 16 months of numerous ‘exclusives’, which then come to absolute nothing. We’ve all done it due to desperation for this takeover (most anyway). I will admit that the claim on Sunday (or Saturday) pricked my interest and I did follow the thread for a few days (never took notice of that forum before). When I was thinking through things earlier, I started to question a few things (see my post above). He might be totally right and his source good, despite my now suspicion. The one good thing is that we will know this week either way. He may just be taking a punt based on his belief as it’s a 50/50 choice. If he’s wrong he could then just say I won’t listen to that source in future (used by many alleged ITKs many many times).

Those deluded glimpses of hope are the only excitement we have left as Newcastle fans. It's fun while the hope lasts and I've come to expect it to always end in nothing so there's no harm in it.

But, we really are at the point where something big either positive or negative is likely happen any day/week now. There should be an update on the CAT website very soon, either a date for the jurisdiction hearing or, less likely, a decision on that. The arbitration hearing could also be going on as we speak or at least should be at some point in the next few weeks.

43 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Those deluded glimpses of hope are the only excitement we have left as Newcastle fans. It's fun while the hope lasts and I've come to expect it to always end in nothing so there's no harm in it.

But, we really are at the point where something big either positive or negative is likely happen any day/week now. There should be an update on the CAT website very soon, either a date for the jurisdiction hearing or, less likely, a decision on that. The arbitration hearing could also be going on as we speak or at least should be at some point in the next few weeks.

Tell you one thing the PL has either lost its appeal to have the CAT case thrown out or no decision has been made yet. as If the PL had won its case to have the CAT thrown out, bein Jacobs would have been all billy big bollocks by now.

Edited by nufcnick

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I've been quite entertained by the Euros especially the 2, 5 and 8pm kick off times. Took my attention away from NUFC related stuff, especially the takeover. Now we're down to the fewer games and kickoff, I bet I'd be looking back on here more ofter again.

Working from home has been a dream the last couple of weeks, 3 matches a day (5 if you watch the copa america) Football Manager open in the background, oh and bacon sandwiches on tap.

6 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

twitter going mad saying there is an out of court settlement agreed or summat

Originating by some gobshite I blocked last year because of his Twitter bullshit.

Had a dream last night that I was waking through Newcastle and turned a corner down by the stadium and there was a line like ten thousand people long waiting to buy season tickets in person because the takeover had just gone through.

So obviously the takeover is close. 

Edited by cubaricho

12 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

Is there even such a thing as a media embargo. First time I've ever heard it mentioned is in relation our takeover and Covid..

There is such a thing but in this instance it’s clearly a load of bollocks. You generally don’t find out until after the fact there was an embargo in place 

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Had a dream last night that I was waking through Newcastle and turned a corner down by the stadium and there was a line like ten thousand people long waiting to buy season tickets in person because the takeover had just gone through.

So obviously the takeover is close. 

You need to stop smoking that stuff 👍