Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

CAT case will go ahead July/August and will be public according to legal teams.

The CAT have just allowed an extension for the PL to respond to the club’s jurisdiction evidence until 12th July, there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that a decision has been made on that yet.

11 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The CAT have just allowed an extension for the PL to respond to the club’s jurisdiction evidence until 12th July, there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that a decision has been made on that yet.

Talks about it from 8 mins in, obviously he could be wrong but sounds like legal team at very least are confident it won’t succeed.

Guest reefatoon

If we are not flying a message over the final on Sunday anymore, can we use the money to buy a ticket for the Geordie dancer to go and on the 17th minute to coincide with the 17 month wait, he can run on the pitch and get our message across to millions in the medium of jigs, shimmy’s and high kicks. Would be a real powerful message.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Appearance by Mehdrad and very positive update on CAT case from Keith.

Also sounds like NUST will come out shortly and back protest in London.

The trust need to be pulling out all of the stops to get this story on the BBC and ITV national news. If they can have one target then that should be it.

21 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The trust need to be pulling out all of the stops to get this story on the BBC and ITV national news. If they can have one target then that should be it.

Agree all the parties seem to want maximum publicity at this point. It feels like now or never, we should all be doing what we can and the trust have a role to play.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Agree all the parties seem to want maximum publicity at this point. It feels like now or never, we should all be doing what we can and the trust have a role to play.

Mary Glindon is my local MP. I will tweet and email her this weekend. I tweeted Starmer the other day with zero response. Dowden next.

Shame the London protest is not on the 23rd as I am in London that weekend.

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Or let their members know why they've come to the decision not to back it. 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Or let their members know why they've come to the decision not to back it. 

It's not enough for them to be backing it. They should be going down there and taking part in it.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Talks about it from 8 mins in, obviously he could be wrong but sounds like legal team at very least are confident it won’t succeed.

14:54 He says "The Premier League are trying to get the CAT case thrown out... my understanding from the legal team at the club is that has failed, so they haven't got the CAT case thrown out". 

However:

https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-07/1402_StJames_Reasoned_Order_020721.pdf

The PL have been given until the 12th to submit their response so a decision cannot have been made on their jurisdiction challenge. Also, that order makes it clear that there will be a hearing for the jurisdiction challenge, no decision will come on that before the hearing:

"I am satisfied that the requested short extension of seven days will not prejudice the listing of the hearing of the Jurisdiction Application".

The PL cannot have failed to get the CAT case thrown out yet. He is demonstrably talking shite.

Edited by Jackie Broon

17 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

14:54 He says "The Premier League are trying to get the CAT case thrown out... my understanding from the legal team at the club is that has failed, so they haven't got the CAT case thrown out". 

However:

https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-07/1402_StJames_Reasoned_Order_020721.pdf

The PL have been given until the 12th to submit their response so a decision cannot have been made on their jurisdiction challenge. Also, that order makes it clear that there will be a hearing for the jurisdiction challenge, no decision will come on that before the hearing:

"I am satisfied that the requested short extension of seven days will not prejudice the listing of the hearing of the Jurisdiction Application".

The PL cannot have failed to get the CAT case thrown out yet. He is demonstrably talking shite.

Weirdly, he even mentions himself about the extension to the 12th. Maybe he has been told by the club, via their legals, that this extension is a clear sign of a desperation measure and wont work. 

11 hours ago, Wandy said:

Mary Glindon is my local MP. I will tweet and email her this weekend. I tweeted Starmer the other day with zero response. Dowden next.

Shame the London protest is not on the 23rd as I am in London that weekend.

Aye, off down London today or I would definitely have headed down next week aswell.

Hope it’s a good turn out next week, the trust should have been supporting this protest massively.

Night and day between MUST and NUST in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Keith claiming CAT will be done in July/August :lol: bloke loses more credibility each day. It’s not even confirmed to be going ahead yet.

It will be interesting to see how many of Keiths 'incessant critics' have the strength of character to come on here and make 'incessant apologies' when what he actually says happens, and the Takeover is approved.

Edited by manorpark

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Keith claiming CAT will be done in July/August :lol: bloke loses more credibility each day. It’s not even confirmed to be going ahead yet.

Fucking hell Fanny at least get it right what he said.

Think your credibility is shot with that post.