Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

13 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

But I'm positively optimistic he appreciates a copy of his friend's book, so I feel like I'm not out of line here. [emoji38]

Poorly timed if that's the case like.

A book about arbitration being uploaded in the week of (or leading up to) a huge arbitration case he's a part of.

Pretty much the definitive book in that field in fairness, tons of contributors (I counted over 50, including Michael Beloff the arb chair and Tom Richards who works with Nick on many of his cases including our High Court appeals). Extortionate but you probably get very good value in those 600 pages! 

Guest dazzanufc1892

I remember when I had to buy my sports law book, £250! Then I had a further 9 books after that. Incredible costs

Contributors
Stuart Baird (Centrefield)
Kieron Beal QC (Blackstone Chambers)
Michael Beloff QC (Blackstone Chambers) 26a5d388fc63f1f8b63b6957c47306a9.jpg
Nick Bitel (Kerman & Co)
Karim Bouzidi (Clintons)
Alice Bricogne (2 Bedford Row)
Richard Bush (Bird & Bird)
Liz Coley (Walker Morris)
Nick Cusack (PFA)
Anita Davies (Matrix Chambers)
James Eighteen (Charles Russell Speechlys)
Jonathan Ellis (Charles Russell Speechlys)
Paul Gilroy QC (9 St Johns Street)
Edwin Glasgow QC (39 Essex Chambers)
Tom Grant (Adelphi Sports)
Christopher Jeans QC (11 KBW)
James Kitching (Asian Football Association)
Pedro Fida (Bichara & Motta - Brazil)
Paul Fletcher (Adelphi Sports)
Daniel Geey (Sheridans)

Guest dazzanufc1892
15 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Pretty much the definitive book in that field in fairness, tons of contributors (I counted over 50, including Michael Beloff the arb chair and Tom Richards who works with Nick on many of his cases including our High Court appeals). Extortionate but you probably get very good value in those 600 pages! 

Its a good read too!

Guest dazzanufc1892
2 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

I thought it dragged a bit in the middle and the ending was a let down.

4/10

would not read

You'll definitely hate the European White Paper on the specificity of sport then!

On 13/07/2021 at 23:08, Whitley mag said:

Get to those phones. Looks a canny age these days the flashing blade.

Reminds me of the Keegan days when he was on the PA at St James, used to get on my fucking tits when he used to always say make some noise just before we kicked off. 

"Alan, worrit iz, reet, wot wa ganna dee, wa ganna gan doon London reet Alan - and wa ganna get some ghosts ta gan spook oot the Premya Leeg. But wot wa need, reet Alan, is ta get some ghosts and a kna ya proper inta ghosts an that. Are ya in, Alan, will ya help wa?"

Used to always finish work at like midnight and would enjoy driving home listening to some of the North East’s finest ringing Robson, chatting utter bollocks.

Me and my mates rang him one bank holiday Monday when we were still up from Shindig the night before, full of all sorts of substances. He ended up disconnecting after about 30 seconds. Disingenuous cunt pretended he couldn’t hear us and said something like “ahh what a shame”. :lol:

I can remember some old fella from Maryport who used to read out religious poems he'd written, he'd go on and on for ten minutes without stopping and then you'd hear the terrible words "that was the first one" :lol:

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I can remember some old fella from Maryport who used to read out religious poems he'd written, he'd go on and on for ten minutes without stopping and then you'd hear the terrible words "that was the first one" :lol:

Christ. [emoji38] Mind, I cycled through Maryport couple of weekends ago and can say he's probably done well to keep as sane as he has.