Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

57 minutes ago, Ben said:

It looks like the Premier league haven't even acknowledged the fans outside their headquarters, as a full member of the league that pays their wages that is a disgrace 

Expect anything else? 

Big respect to the people that participated. It's shameful that NUST didn't endorse this but we already know they are extremely fearful of upsetting whatever regulating body governs this pointless, conformist fan initiative. A fans' organisation scared to support the fans' protest, how sad.

Edited by junkhead

3 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Big respect to the people that participated. It's shameful that NUST didn't endorse this but we already know they are extremely fearful of upsetting whatever regulating body governs this pointless, conformist fan initiative. A fans' organisation scared to support the fans' protest, how sad.

Have to agree the statement was embarassing, I am overjoyed that they organised the health and safety for the trip though and allowed everyone else to go.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why weren’t NUST involved with this?

They were to be fair,sprayed down the bus with disinfectant and made sure everyone sat 2 metres apart.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Because they are too busy pissing about & wasting people's money on a hare-brained 1% fan ownership scheme that will have zero effect on how the club is run or it's success on the pitch. It will make them feel ever so important though.

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably negotiating with the club over what colour bog roll to have In the toilets this season. Something hugely important like that anyway.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Because they are too busy pissing about & wasting people's money on a hare-brained 1% fan ownership scheme that will have zero effect on how the club is run or it's success on the pitch. It will make them feel ever so important though.

Aye I think that could be me cancelling my membership and pledge money, it's the most important thing that has happened to NUFC in a generation and they aren't involved I reckon Keegan and Sir Bobby would be 100% in if they were still involved with the club 

It was this simple a) name the group, design a logo b) call for a boycott.

Three years after the United Supporters for Change did that we were on our way to the top, I'd give these three years to come out with a protest scarf in the colours of the green and blue third kit from the mid 90s.

44 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

It was this simple a) name the group, design a logo b) call for a boycott.

Three years after the United Supporters for Change did that we were on our way to the top, I'd give these three years to come out with a protest scarf in the colours of the green and blue third kit from the mid 90s.

You literally had a few different protest groups which no one ever took seriously and absolutely slated. You literally had one group make a protest scarf which took a lot of doing because as it happens, Mike Ashley is involved with all the scarf making suppliers which meant they wouldn’t produce one.

Instead of asking for NUST to be a protest group, ask why all the others failed and why the only protest group being able to do something now is ran by a guy who will take every opportunity to sell you one of his shitty homemade t-shirts, and is seen to be someone who cares more about his own publicity than that of others or the club by the majority of the fan base. 

Guest reefatoon
52 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye I think that could be me cancelling my membership and pledge money, it's the most important thing that has happened to NUFC in a generation and they aren't involved I reckon Keegan and Sir Bobby would be 100% in if they were still involved with the club 

It’s the only thing that matters now, it’s this or bust. They should be pulling no punches, being very vocal and doing as much as they can. Instead their heads are in the clouds about some cuckoo plan. They need to get to grips with what is going on around them instead pissing around. Not fit for purpose.

I still reckon the best protest was that social media one where everyone bombarded shite direct, the club partners etc.

But, any protest is worth it if you believe in it.

When i boycotted the games did i think it would make any difference? Not really but you have to stand by your convictions of what you think is right.

And in the end, enough people did anyway so they had to give free ST's away

I'm not really trying to make any point, just rambling.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I still reckon the best protest was that social media one where everyone bombarded shite direct, the club partners etc.

But, any protest is worth it if you believe in it.

When i boycotted the games did i think it would make any difference? Not really but you have to stand by your convictions of what you think is right.

And in the end, enough people did anyway so they had to give free ST's away

I'm not really trying to make any point, just rambling.

I think N-O has a new strap line 

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

You literally had a few different protest groups which no one ever took seriously and absolutely slated. You literally had one group make a protest scarf which took a lot of doing because as it happens, Mike Ashley is involved with all the scarf making suppliers which meant they wouldn’t produce one.

Instead of asking for NUST to be a protest group, ask why all the others failed and why the only protest group being able to do something now is ran by a guy who will take every opportunity to sell you one of his shitty homemade t-shirts, and is seen to be someone who cares more about his own publicity than that of others or the club by the majority of the fan base. 

NUST should be what their members want them to be.

To be that they need to ask them though. If the result of that means involving themselves in a protest them that's what they should be doing. Not writing letters or sending tweets that appear to authorising someone else to do it. 

Edited by Joey Linton

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

They were to be fair,sprayed down the bus with disinfectant and made sure everyone sat 2 metres apart.

Taped off alternate seats and handed masks out at the door to the bus.