Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Feel there is more to come out……..whilst not being positive in any shape or form, i am waiting for the full story behind this latest news…All we have is a statement telling us arbitration will be delayed till 2022……..Mehrdad Ghodoussi twitter statement “There’s only one party playing games here” seems to infer that the PL are stalling…..Will be interesting over the next day or so to see if there is any comment from Ashley’s side…….There must be more to this story than what we are being fed……for instance why 6 months before start up of Arbitration…….I’m not being positive but nor am i giving up, until we get more background to the story….

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

Feel there is more to come out……..whilst not being positive in any shape or form, i am waiting for the full story behind this latest news…All we have is a statement telling us arbitration will be delayed till 2022……..Mehrdad Ghodoussi twitter statement “There’s only one party playing games here” seems to infer that the PL are stalling…..Will be interesting over the next day or so to see if there is any comment from Ashley’s side…….There must be more to this story than what we are being fed……for instance why 6 months before start up of Arbitration…….I’m not being positive but nor am i giving up, until we get more background to the story….

But it's followed up by saying neither party will make further comment. What are you expecting to hear other than a few ITK tweets?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

But it's followed up by saying neither party will make further comment. What are you expecting to hear other than a few ITK tweets?

Where was that…didn’t see it…..Anyway i still don’t believe this will be the last we hear about the matter(and I’m not including ITK tweets as you put it)….and NO I don’t know what to expect, but hope for more background info.

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Neither party, will be the club and the the premier league as they are the ones directly involved. Not saying the consortium (or Staveley as she is the only one making noise) will make a statement.

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, vasleskins said:

Interesting that Edwards hade an article on it the same minute news was released pushing delay was due to both sides. Make you belive PL once again playing games.

Most likely the club had sent the story to media and embargoed it for a certain time until it had been released by the club.

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Ashley to make a statement tonight?

It says both parties will not be making any other statement. So that's a no as the club is one of the parties and Ashley was there today according to Ryder.

Maybe this is the club stalling to force the CAT case before arbitration? No faith in a fair arbitration process. Clutching at straws here like. Looks like it’s over doesn’t it.

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

He can fuck off also, sick to death of his total shit he's been spouting for a few months now. Everything he has said lately about the cases, Martinez, Willock, have been shown to be just total and utter crap.  

Just now, et tu brute said:

He can fuck off also, sick to death of his total shit he's been spouting for a few months now. Everything he has said lately about the cases, Martinez, Willock, have been shown to be just total and utter crap.  

He says he can't answer any questions, so I'm sure that tweet will be his last word on the matter.... 

Just now, toontownman said:

They will approve the takeover early next year, when we are already relegated. 

But if we are flirting with relegation PIF will hold back. Exactly what the PL want and with Bruce in charge, they know there is every chance of it happening. 

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

He says he can't answer any questions, so I'm sure that tweet will be his last word on the matter.... 

How many times has he said that before and yet he still can't help coming out with utter shit at frequent levels.

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

But if we are flirting with relegation PIF will hold back. Exactly what the PL want and with Bruce in charge, they know there is every chance of it happening. 

I doubt it, they were prepared to press through whether we were relegated or not this year. Don't think they will change course.

To be honest, I’m totally pissed off with the whole affair but Keith does make a valid point here. The Arbitration panel was made up of three, one appointed by the PL and one probably bought by the PL, a fight we were more than likely going to lose. The CAT case is not under their control and disclosure will, from what we’re hearing, be the last thing they want. 

Might still be on this, maybe a smart move by Ashley.

Well I’m bucking the trend, and still think there’s more to come with this story…….I don’t know why, but I’m remaining just slightly positive( wait now for lots of abuse) that Ashley has decided that Arbitration is not the way forward and CAT will be a quicker and more successful avenue….whether PIF will stay around that long, i suppose time will tell………Bring it on🤪