Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

20 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Well I’m bucking the trend, and still think there’s more to come with this story…….I don’t know why, but I’m remaining just slightly positive( wait now for lots of abuse) that Ashley has decided that Arbitration is not the way forward and CAT will be a quicker and more successful avenue….whether PIF will stay around that long, i suppose time will tell………Bring it on🤪

I'm with you. I think both sides have agreed CAT is the bigger case and that arbitration ahead of this makes little sense. Probably both sides unwilling to fully disclose in arbitration if CAT is coming. The EPL will have wanted arbitration to focus on ODT and nothing else so are withholding. NUFC will want to ensure that any evidence of foul play is heard in a public court.

The long delay is surely recognition that at the very least CAT disclosure needs to be complete before any arbitration can be heard.

Disappointing because we all want this concluded but let's just trust our legal team.

Just now, Jinky Jim said:

Time for a:-

Would be perfect time to organise a protest and get a game called off but our fanbase is too fickle and would rather attend games in silence.

Fucking hell for a second I thought Amanda had announced the deal was off or something.

Look on the bright side you’ve got potentially another 6 months of great craic in here with myself, manor and Jinky.

Keep calm and carry on lads plenty of more twists and info to come out.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Fucking hell for a second I thought Amanda had announced the deal was off or something.

Look on the bright side you’ve got potentially another 6 months of great craic in here with myself, manor and Jinky.

Keep calm and carry on lads plenty of more twists and info to come out.

Every cloud mate. 

I think first a jurisdiction application hearing must happen. That's before anything else continues... all sources (Jacobs, Chronicle etc) insist an update by the end of the month is likely. Kennedy claimed a 6 month expedited process taking us around November, but it's Newcastle and the delays pile up so no can't say for certain

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I think first a jurisdiction application hearing must happen. That's before anything else continues... all sources (Jacobs, Chronicle etc) insist an update by the end of the month is likely. Kennedy claimed a 6 month expedited process taking us around November, but it's Newcastle and the delays pile up so no can't say for certain

I think it's fairly clear now that anything coming from Kennedy and the podcast lot needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. 

5 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I think it's fairly clear now that anything coming from Kennedy and the podcast lot needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. 

Or just completely ignored coz it’s all been bullshit from the beginning ?

Just now, Joey Linton said:

I'm trying to stay within the spirit of what's been a surprisingly aggro free discussion on here tonight. 

Understandable, but tonight’s news shows them all up for exactly what they are.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Understandable, but tonight’s news shows them all up for exactly what they are.

We’ve not heard the last of this story…..I’m sure more will come out and perhaps a “glint of light” to keep us still interested on the takeover…..I’ve not given up just yet, though i can understand everyone’s frustration and anger

Just now, Jinky Jim said:

We’ve not heard the last of this story…..I’m sure more will come out and perhaps a “glint of light” to keep us still interested on the takeover…..I’ve not given up just yet, though i can understand everyone’s frustration and anger

Good luck to you if you want to keep following this shit storm for the next 6 months or more.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Good luck to you if you want to keep following this shit storm for the next 6 months or more.

I’ll try and avoid the worst of the itk’s,though i still get excited when some tasty titbit appears……totally understand people just giving up and getting angry at the whole saga…

If a supposedly "simple" process like arbitration can be continuously kicked down the road so often and for so long, then it's not unreasonable to assume that the CAT could literally be years away.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Money/fame (niche tho it might be) people like to feel important. It’s sad but I mean just go on Reddit and look at the moderators on a popular sub. People love that feel of importance in an otherwise unimportant life 

insignificunts you mean?

4 hours ago, IMTTS said:

This is incorrect. “craic” is a faux-Gaelicised word invented in the 1950s as part of an advertising campaign in Ireland; “crack” as used in the North East pre-dates it by a century or more.

Please acknowledge your mistake and perhaps delete the post. Thanks.

Look who’s discovered Wikipedia!

10 journalist points to you 

Arbitration was supposed to last a few days or up to a week right? So it lasted a day only in this case? Well, many of us already said we wanted this to go through, but everyone was also reminded to always be cautious and be realistic. Never go gung-ho and over confident in anything Newcastle United related.

As for those on Twitter who think they are some kind of special agent/ITK connected to the club, we should just avoid them all together now. D.T.A. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY.

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Arbitration was supposed to last a few days or up to a week right? So it lasted a day only in this case? Well, many of us already said we wanted this to go through, but everyone was also reminded to always be cautious and be realistic. Never go gung-ho and over confident in anything Newcastle United related.

As for those on Twitter who think they are some kind of specual agent/ITK connectes to thr club, we should just avoid them all together now. D.T.A. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY.

Aye.

People like that Sean cunt, hope they all get gout. 

Very surprised Ashley hasn't gone 2 feet in to the PL after yesterdays announcement. Is it that this is what they wanted for reasons such as the other case has more chance or is he pissed at his own legal team for letting him down. 

If PIF haven't disclosed something again he needs to cancel the takeover and invite other offers as it'll never pass if they aren't playing ball.