Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Just now, Dokko said:

Very surprised Ashley hasn't gone 2 feet in to the PL after yesterdays announcement. Is it that this is what they wanted for reasons such as the other case has more chance or is he pissed at his own legal team for letting him down. 

If PIF haven't disclosed something again he needs to cancel the takeover and invite other offers as it'll never pass if they aren't playing ball.

This (the lack of criticism by Ashley) is my glimmer of hope that this is a tactical decision on Ashley's side.

If the delay was entirely due to the Premier League I would expect Ashley to put on the cleats and go in hard with both feet.  The fact that he hasn't suggests that the delay is not entirely (if at all) caused by the Premier League.

If the delay to arbitration is because of an alleged lack of disclosure by the buying consortium (i.e. PIF) then it's a question of whether the arbitration tribunal has unfairly made such a decision or whether the consortium really hasn't disclosed sufficient information.  We're not likely to find this out until sometime after the arbitration process is completed.  But, if it was because of the PIF then I think there is a reasonable chance that Ashley will start talking to other potential buyers and if one of these firms up then I expect Ashley will make a "tire kickers" comment about PIF shortly afterwards (as he did for other suiters).  Also, if the delay is because the arbitration panel has made an unjust decision (delaying when no delay was necessary) then I expect this will be folded into the CAT cases as further evidence of anti-competitive behaviour.

The last possibility is that Ashley has deliberately incurred this delay for his own reasons (possibly to cause CAT to happen first, possibly for other reasons we're unaware of).  If the delay has been caused by Ashley I can only presume he believes such a delay helps him to complete the sale of the club.  This is my glimmer of hope.

2 minutes ago, Montey said:

This (the lack of criticism by Ashley) is my glimmer of hope that this is a tactical decision on Ashley's side.

If the delay was entirely due to the Premier League I would expect Ashley to put on the cleats and go in hard with both feet.  The fact that he hasn't suggests that the delay is not entirely (if at all) caused by the Premier League.

If the delay to arbitration is because of an alleged lack of disclosure by the buying consortium (i.e. PIF) then it's a question of whether the arbitration tribunal has unfairly made such a decision or whether the consortium really hasn't disclosed sufficient information.  We're not likely to find this out until sometime after the arbitration process is completed.  But, if it was because of the PIF then I think there is a reasonable chance that Ashley will start talking to other potential buyers and if one of these firms up then I expect Ashley will make a "tire kickers" comment about PIF shortly afterwards (as he did for other suiters).  Also, if the delay is because the arbitration panel has made an unjust decision (delaying when no delay was necessary) then I expect this will be folded into the CAT cases as further evidence of anti-competitive behaviour.

The last possibility is that Ashley has deliberately incurred this delay for his own reasons (possibly to cause CAT to happen first, possibly for other reasons we're unaware of).  If the delay has been caused by Ashley I can only presume he believes such a delay helps him to complete the sale of the club.  This is my glimmer of hope.

It's a mad old long shot, but it's about the only glimmer of hope left. Thankfully I'm numb again after a complete internal rage over the delay. It's much easier this way.

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Very surprised Ashley hasn't gone 2 feet in to the PL after yesterdays announcement. Is it that this is what they wanted for reasons such as the other case has more chance or is he pissed at his own legal team for letting him down. 

If PIF haven't disclosed something again he needs to cancel the takeover and invite other offers as it'll never pass if they aren't playing ball.

The best thing for everyone now is for Ashley to make a statement confirming the takeover is over and let everyone get on with their lives. 

If things are going on in the background let them go on without anyone knowing.

I just don’t see a way back from here personally, particularly after the tweet last night from Amanda’s husband.

8 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

We still only have Edwards/Jacobs reporting that it was both sides that failed to disclose?

Strange that only they "know" this.

🤔

The Newcastle statement suggests it was to be fair.

8 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

We still only have Edwards/Jacobs reporting that it was both sides that failed to disclose?

🤔

Edwards/Jacobs are about as trustworthy as Keith, Wraith and that dentist bloke. 

In the cold light of day, after being livid last night, it's probably time to step back away. Whether there is legs in this takeover yet or another one on the horizon the fact is we've got at least another season of the Steve's and Charnley. I won't be hanging around to witness that and I'm not holding my breath for a takeover, there's been enough waiting around now.

Don't believe a word anyone says unless it comes from 1 of 3 parties, even then take it with a pinch of salt.

6 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

🤔

And if they're admitting that the PL are even partly to blame that means the PL must be predominantly or entirely to blame.

Even if it was both sides that failed to disclose things, the PL are the governing body of the premier competition of our national sport, they should have absolutely nothing to hide and no issue with disclosing anything.

11 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

The parties attended a hearing today in the case between Newcastle United and the Premier League.

The main hearing of the arbitration has regrettably now been adjourned until early 2022 due to issues with the disclosure of evidence.

The parties will be making no further comment at this time.

Exactly so compare that with previous statements with us blaming the league.

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The Newcastle statement suggests it was to be fair.

Mehrdad Ghodoussi’s tweet says to me he thinks the premier league are twisting again though.

Fuck knows. Im washing my hands of the thing now. Once again we’ve been treated like shit and we’ll do absolutely nothing about it.

We all know that the club will have tried and failed to pull a fast one. Keegan/Jonas was enough warning that there’d  be  an element of chancing their arm again. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Not watching it but I’ll take a punt that they are overwhelmingly positive yet don’t address staveley’s husbands negative tweet

Correct. They’ve not even mentioned it. Just fluffed up CAT case a bit more to tee up their own sense of self importance. Apparently the fall out will see Masters and Hoffman’s position with the league become untenable😂

Never heard so much shit in all my life.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Not watching it but I’ll take a punt that they are overwhelmingly positive yet don’t address staveley’s husbands negative tweet

He's clearly playing along too. De Marco has planned it all from the start.

So, early predictions were that the PL would settle out of court. Everyone still in on that one? Should find out in the next 4 weeks I guess.

5 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Correct. They’ve not even mentioned it. Just fluffed up CAT case a bit more to tee up their own sense of self importance. Apparently the fall out will see Masters and Hoffman’s position with the league become untenable😂

Never heard so much shit in all my life.

And they'll be proven to be bullshitters yet again in the next few weeks when the CAT jurisdiction hearing is listed and we find out that it is months and months away.