Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Since this is the optimism thread...

If you were the PL, would you rather sort this out behind closed doors, ignoring calls for transparency, in a process where you get to choose the deciding judge, which your opponent has already tried and failed to remove.

Or in an open competition claim, which you have already tried to throw out on the grounds that you'd much rather do it your own way.

It's all I've got. [emoji38]

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that NUFC did in fact try to get the case adjourned because they fancied their chances in the CAT case more, or indeed wanted to get certain info in the public domain ahead of it.

My take is that the Saudis would have walked if that news had come out of the blue yesterday. Also, knowing what a big man-baby Ashley is, why haven't we seen a toys out of the pram statement from him that usually follows him not getting his own way?

There's more to this than meets the eye in my opinion.

Edited by UncleBingo

8 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

On the plus side it gives Di Marco more time to perfect his bread making skills and paint some more pictures. Every cloud and all that.

It’s not all bad news. I’ve heard he’s got access to 50 free shop soiled Chocolate Oranges from Rawlinsons too. 

21 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that NUFC did in fact try to get the case adjourned because they fancied their chances in the CAT case more, or indeed wanted to get certain info in the public domain ahead of it.

My take is that the Saudis would have walked if that news had come out of the blue yesterday. Also, knowing what a big man-baby Ashley is, why haven't we seen a toys out of the pram statement from him that usually follows him not getting his own way?

Also, why was Ashley present if it was known a delay was coming. I can only think there was a decision to be made on the day or it was a show of strength.

1 hour ago, UncleBingo said:

This 100%!

The CAT case will destroy those corrupt wankers! 

Staveley wouldn’t have said those quotes at the weekend without huge confidence - I.e - evidence!

The Saudis will want to smash the big six wankers all over too when it goes through so perfect for us! 

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

Since this is the optimism thread...

If you were the PL, would you rather sort this out behind closed doors, ignoring calls for transparency, in a process where you get to choose the deciding judge, which your opponent has already tried and failed to remove.

Or in an open competition claim, which you have already tried to throw out on the grounds that you'd much rather do it your own way.

It's all I've got. [emoji38]

Am I me being thrusted into the top seat at the Premier League or am I Masters and always been a cunt?

If I’m me, then I’d do everything out in the open and bring the fucking place down with me.

If I’m Masters, I’m doing it behind closed doors and looking for a bit of coin in the background.

Edited by Stifler

Ashley and Staveley wouldn’t want any further delays, makes no sense, we could be bottom by January. The PL has caused delay after delay and this is no different, they’ll be hoping PIF walk away for good. 

It may have been a joint statement but I suspect Staveley had no option which doesn’t sound good news.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think people keep forgetting Stavely’s husbands tweet, no way this was what the club wanted IMO.

I'm not saying there is any sort of plan to this by the way.

But if you're in the consortium and likely being badgered daily for updates, then you need to express your disappointment when there is yet another delay.

I also think that the anti competition claim could be much more worrying for the PL, assuming there are any legs in it.

Guessing, guessing, guessing, all over here and social media, when nobody knows fuck all really. Is it the Premier League just kicking the can again or is it the club trying to bring the CAT case before arbitaration? I've actually been quite surprised at the lack of arguments on here (good and a change from usual). Unfortunately we just have to wait and see now. Possibly the next step will be the CAT case to see when and if a date is set and if it remains in public also. It may (or may not) give an indication on who is guessing best then. I've switched off totally from it all now and will just wait for the official events to play out. Ignore the ITKs (not), liars and biased media on both sides. When the centre of attention on here for a few hours is Edwards and Douglas bantering each other, I really then have to start shaking my head and say fuck it. 

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Great thread.

Keep on believing lads, as I said last night keep calm and carry on.

HTFL

They have bought out one of those threads every time bad news is released and they haven’t been correct once.

On 18/07/2021 at 20:12, Whitley mag said:

‘Recent legal moves behind the scenes’.

This did not come out of the blue and Kennedy give everyone a clue arbitration wasn’t a forgone conclusion this month.

We all have our opinions. Mine for what it’s worth they wanted arb in public and hoyed the kitchen sink at it, so now it plays out in public via cat fingers crossed.

Its clear club think they win if it’s in public, who wouldn’t wait an extra few months to maximise your chances. I’m certain Staveley knew about this last week, therefore buyers still fully on board with this tactic in

my opinion.

Edited by Whitley mag

Staveley isn't privy to the arbitration process in her own words. Consortium shouldn't know: On the arbitration process, which she has pleaded is made public, Staveley added: "I can’t talk about the actual arbitration process as I’m not privy to it but I can tell you all of the questions the Premier League presented to us were absolutely answered in an incredibly quick and timely manner.”

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/amanda-staveley-opens-up-on-her-exciting-plans-for-newcastle-united-3300201