Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

This Man City FFP case is a bit dodgy, half way through the case the Premier league agreed to change their rules and allow confidentiality so they didn't have to release certain documents.

Just a general point of order but previously naysayers have either said that Mehrdad is a fake Twitter account or if real then he’s detached from the process and doesn’t know anything.

But now he posted something negative, that’s it, done?

it can’t be both though!

Man, that athletic piece makes for depressing reading. It’s pretty balanced and well thought out too. Essentially saying this CAT case ain’t starting anytime soon and that the CAT tribunal has never really handled a sporting case like this before so the premier league will have good grounds to get it chucked out/delayed. Also mentions that PIF would only come back to the table is there is a clear path for them - something that is very very unlikely to transpire from arbitration or CAT. In short - it’s not dead yet but we are in the final stages of attempted resuscitation with it. 

Fuck sake.

12 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Man, that athletic piece makes for depressing reading. It’s pretty balanced and well thought out too. Essentially saying this CAT case ain’t starting anytime soon and that the CAT tribunal has never really handled a sporting case like this before so the premier league will have good grounds to get it chucked out/delayed. Also mentions that PIF would only come back to the table is there is a clear path for them - something that is very very unlikely to transpire from arbitration or CAT. In short - it’s not dead yet but we are in the final stages of attempted resuscitation with it. 

Fuck sake.

uzMBjEV.jpgRv0JR5z.jpg

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Wasn't it Vince who warned Austin and said D.T.A to him?

Don't think so. It was about 1997 ish but my memory says Austin said it first. 

I see. I got mixed up with who said it first but i remember Vince telling him too not to trust anybody. Good times it was.

Edit: Actually now , I remember what I was referring to when I said Vince said it.He said D.T.A- Dont trust Austin to The Rock when Austin was to supposed to be in Dwayne's corner vs HHH at Backlash 2000. Jeez had to dig up where I heard Vince saying it.

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

Fuck sake.

Funny how you can get 2 different opinions from the same article.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

It sounds like it's at the very same stage has been all the way through. 

KSA failing to disclose the relevent information needed to pass the test. 

Hence why the sellers and buyers being confident means absolutely nothing. This is never-ending.

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Seriously tho at what stage do we start blaming KSA for their part in all this. It’s been a shambles from the beginning 

Seems quite strange how stringent the FA have become since Man City and Chelsea got state backed ownership from abroad. They are certainly showing they won't be taken for a ride by any owners with dubious ties to disreputable regimes. :bluestar:

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

Seriously tho at what stage do we start blaming KSA for their part in all this. It’s been a shambles from the beginning 

Tbh I don't really care now.  Its got to the stage of 97% of Newcastle wants wanting this takeover.  Just pass the fucking thing

Imagine EPL requested disclosure on TV rights etc etc relating to the KSA. NUFC declined as PIF is the part owner. Mini hearing needed to make a disclosure decision. Rinse and repeat countless times and you reach 2022.

49 minutes ago, Scoot said:

See Kev makes it sound like there’s a way forward, somebody earlier referenced this article like it was the beginning of the end

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s basically and out of court settlement or nothing and let’s be honest after this long an out of court settlement is less likely than ever before.

I don't think that's necessarily true, the two biggest obstacles to a settlement would have probably been the PL knowing the arbitration could go either way and Ashley being willing to gamble on winning the arbitration and then taking the PL to the cleaners in the CAT.

With the PL, subject to the outcome of their jurisdiction challenge, potentially facing disclosure in the CAT before arbitration, there may be more incentive for them to settle. There's obviously stuff the PL desperately don't want to disclose.

And with no prospect of an imminent decision from the arbitration Ashley is likely to be more willing to agree to a settlement.

Not saying that I think any of that will happen, but there is a logical glimmer of hope that this could trigger a settlement. 

Edited by Jackie Broon

If the evidence is as explosive as Keith says then an out of court settlement would probably our only option, however if this doesn't happen before the end of August then they are buying a championship club.

Would be shocked if there was a settlement before CAT or even the delayed arbitration. If the Saudi diligence was not provided to both club and PL for the arbitration then it’s a completely gone off the rails, this deal. 

Im sure Liberty Media welcomed Aramco and PIF into McLaren with open arms.