Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

The EFL already has effectively has the same definitions as are at issue in the PL now -- they just use the term "Relevant Person" instead of lumping it in with "Director".

"[T]he following individuals shall in any event be deemed to qualify as a Relevant Person:

(l)  a person who has Control over the affairs of the Club ..."

"Control shall be deemed to include:

(a)  the power (whether directly or indirectly and whether by the ownership of the share capital, by the possession of voting power, by contract or otherwise including without limitation by way of membership of any Concert Party) to appoint and/or remove all or such of the members of the board of directors of the Club as are able to cast a majority of the votes capable of being cast by the members of that board; and/or

(b)  the holding and/or possession of the beneficial interest in, and/or the ability to exercise the voting rights applicable to, shares or other securities in the Club (whether directly, indirectly (by means of holding such interests in one or more other persons) or by contract or otherwise including without limitation by way of any Concert Party) which confer in aggregate on the holder(s) thereof 30 per cent or more of the total voting rights exercisable at general meetings of the Club."

think of the money the EFL could make if they wave it through

loads and loads of Aramco sponsorship kicking about in F1 now

Aramco Championship, League 1 etc etc

the Aramco EFL cup, FA Cup....the list goes on

All going to the EFL and FA and not the premier league...

It’s all so depressing. No takeover, Bruce is manager , no money to spend , no signings, missing out on ‘targets’ coz there is no money, sold our best defender, selling our best your prospect by all accounts, unlikely to get willock back, teams like villa and Leeds pulling well away from us and teams like Brentford out spending us and yet there is still people falling over themselves to go to a friendly v Doncaster tonight. 

It’s all so bleak. 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

It’s all so depressing. No takeover, Bruce is manager , no money to spend , no signings, missing out on ‘targets’ coz there is no money, sold our best defender, selling our best your prospect by all accounts, unlikely to get willock back, teams like villa and Leeds pulling well away from us and teams like Brentford out spending us and yet there is still people falling over themselves to go to a friendly v Doncaster tonight. 

It’s all so bleak. 

The people falling over themselves to go to the games really are a special breed.

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s all so bleak. 

Accounts due in the next 8 days. That's something to get excited about.

57 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s all so bleak. 

It’s time for us to call it a day and find something else to do. 

1 hour ago, Tisd09 said:

De Marco at it again 

After his tears one the other day could this be code??? I should really give up on the takeover shouldn't I!!

Boy who tweeted wolf. He can fuck off.

1 hour ago, Tisd09 said:

De Marco at it again 

After his tears one the other day could this be code??? I should really give up on the takeover shouldn't I!!

Until the day he wins the case and we get takenover, he is a nobody to me. Messi of sports law? Well, the PL sure have the C.Ronaldo of sports law on their side coz this 'Messi' is getting his ass kicked down the road repeatedly. He'll be a Messiah, never mind Messi if he can break this bleak curse that NUFC is under. Nothing good happens to NUFC. Change that, then i'll give a fuck about his art work for the rest of my life.

Edited by nufcjb

35 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Until the day he wins the case and we get takenover, he is a nobody to me. Messi of sports law? Well, the PL sure have the C.Ronaldo of sports law on their side coz this 'Messi' is getting his ass kicked down the road repeatedly. He'll be a Messiah, never mind Messi if he can break this bleak curse that NUFC is under. Nothing good happens to NUFC. Change that, then i'll give a fuck about his art work for the rest of my life.

If people would stop trying to read into every picture that he posts then it might do themselves a favour. Why is everything he posts concerning us? It's not and he's free to post whatever he wants

I'm not having a go at you by the way. I just don't understand why some people think that way. 

14 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

If people would stop trying to read into every picture that he posts then it might do themselves a favour. Why is everything he posts concerning us? It's not and he's free to post whatever he wants

I'm not having a go at you by the way. I just don't understand why some people think that way. 

Yeah, I get that. I don't believe it myself that everything he posts has to do with us. He has other cases but it seems some of our fans like to decrypt whatever he posts. It's almost a year since he has been doing that and still we are owned by Fat Mike so people really should stop looking for clues in his images.

Edited by nufcjb

Well if you look real hard at the left side of the picture you can see a reflection of a giant iceberg on the "life buoy" sign.

I think it means the club is like the Titanic and will be going down soon.

If we see a band playing or deck chairs, we can be sure.

Edited by Consortium of one

If anyone watched Keith tonight (probably not) but he said that he has evidence that on 23rd of July last year Spurs contacted Masters and told him to block the takeover or Spurs and the other 5 would leave the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

If anyone watched Keith tonight (probably not) but he said that he has evidence that on 23rd of July last year Spurs contacted Masters and told him to block the takeover or Spurs and the other 5 would leave the Premier League.

How would someone come by evidence of that magnitude unless emails were hacked. I guess the Saudis do have previous form

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don’t believe any of that tbh, if it was true we literally would just say pass the takeover or we release it all.

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Which they then tried to do anyway?

Not like Keith to be full of shit.