Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Legal technicalities and all that, admitting one thing but not the other, compromise, happens in so many legal cases, especially in business. 

Nope not when he is going to lose £300+ million, when the compenstation offer would show he is in the right. Let's just see though.

Guest HTT II

Let’s be honest, if they had such a watertight case, it would be done and dusted, MA has money and has hired allegedly top people, but the PL is ring fenced protected, it’s a cartel, it can’t be touched, a compromise will be reached where Ashley will get some form of compensation and he’ll jet/yacht off and buy some other trampy failed fucking clothes brand ever the more richer while NUFC rots. Don’t underestimate the PL and it’s power as we have seen. Ashley is just a barrow boy compared to these lot. In many ways I’d love it if he fucking lost out and got his arse handed to him. Fuck him, fuck them, fuck them all. 

49 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

I have no evidence either side of the argument but i just don’t see this weeks developments as a major setback. 

a) Why has MA and PL agreed to the movement of arbitration till 2022

b) if this was as negative as everyone suggests then why has MA and his media team not made a big fuss/issue about it

c) 6 months seems a long time to delay Arbitration…..perhaps MA has a good reason for delaying it for so long……I’m not privy to the reasoning but it seems a strange length of time.

d) If the takeover was really “dead” then perhaps we would have heard from AS/Reubens/PIF by now.

e) We would definitely heard from Bein Jacobs and Hairy Hands if this was the final nail in the coffin.

Like i say i have no reason to be Positive after these developments but i also think that there is more to come about the takeover. As many have pointed out, best we let this theatre play out and hope for some good news in the not so distant future.

a) it doesn’t sound like it was an agreement to postpone 

c) again don’t think Ashley had much of a say in the postponement. If you believe Keith (some do) he says the club is ‘annoyed’

d) might not be dead yet but will PIF wait another 6 months? Potentially yes but what state will the club be in by then

e) hairy hands was def chirping last week calling it a takeover. Unsure on Jacobs 

Also In regards to a & c you are another that completely ignores staveley’s husbands tweet shortly after the announcement. 

fair enough be positive and look forward to 6 months time but you are kidding yourself if you think it’s anything other than a set back 

Edited by gdm

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

If he has evidence for them to offer compensation, then he will push them all the way and imho he will win exactly what he is waiting for.  He will be more than happy to take the Premier League down otherwise. As I said we just have to wait and see,

Do you really believe he has evidence or enough of it or rather the stuff that can force this through? 2022 delay suggests otherwise. Howay man, the fucking Saudi crown state can’t fucking get the PL to bend the knee so to speak. It’s over, it’s just a jostling match right now. Ashley will happily concede if someone throws him a bone that allows him to buy some shitty brand for a few Bob less.

Let’s be honest, if they had such a watertight case, it would be done and dusted, MA has money and has hired allegedly top people, but the PL is ring fenced protected, it’s a cartel, it can’t be touched, a compromise will be reached where Ashley will get some form of compensation and he’ll jet/yacht off and buy some other trampy failed fucking clothes brand ever the more richer while NUFC rots. Don’t underestimate the PL and it’s power as we have seen. Ashley is just a barrow boy compared to these lot. In many ways I’d love it if he fucking lost out and got his arse handed to him. Fuck him, fuck them, fuck them all. 

Let's be honest if the Premier League has such a water tight case, they would have knocked it back in the first place. It's them who have forced Ashley to take the legal route because they couldn't make a decision not the other way round. Will it happen fuck knows, because myself and everyone else has not a clue as to the evidence presented. 

I sense your disillusionment with the whole thing mate. After reading your post on the youth situation the other day though, think it’s a case of if you can’t beat them join them.

We need this takeover for the future, whatever baggage it brings in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

a) it doesn’t sound like it was an agreement to postpone 

c) again don’t think Ashley had much of a say in the postponement. If you believe Keith (some do) he says the club is ‘annoyed’

d) might not be dead yet but will PIF wait another 6 months? Potentially yes but what state will the club be in by then

e) hairy hands was def chirping last week calling it a takeover. Unsure on Jacobs 

Also In regards to a & c you are another that completely ignores staveley’s husbands tweet shortly after the announcement. 

Please don't keep using Jacobs will you and as for Keys fuck me man he's even worse than Keith.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Please don't keep using Jacobs will you and as for Keys fuck me man he's even worse than Keith.

Eh? I only mentioned Keys & Jacobs coz they were mentioned in the post I quoted 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The statement was a joint statement by the club and PL, that suggests some element of agreement.

the way I saw it they didn’t have a choice as the reason gave was a lack of evidence was it not?

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Let's be honest if the Premier League has such a water tight case, they would have knocked it back in the first place. It's them who have forced Ashley to take the legal route because they couldn't make a decision not the other way round. Will it happen fuck knows, because myself and everyone else has not a clue as to the evidence presented. 

They haven’t forced them to do anything. They’ve just said well give us everything we require to make this happen which they haven’t and they have hid behind technicalities that not just allows them to, enables them to, but downright guarantees them such cover. Challenge all they may, they won’t get it done unless they comply 100% which they haven’t, PIF have not shown they are separate from the state and unless they do, sorry, game over and they can’t because they are, technically, again it’s about technicalities… 

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Eh? I only mentioned Keys & Jacobs coz they were mentioned in the post I quoted 

You always use Jacobs to try and back you up, bit like you always use Keith to try and rubbish things. You accused someone of guesswork the other day and then immediately followd it up with your own guesswork. Have an opoinion, but wait for official releases to make those, not what people driven with an agenda (both ways) present,

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They haven’t forced them to do anything. They’ve just said well give us everything we require to make this happen which they haven’t and they have hid behind technicalities that not just allows them to, enables them to, but downright guarantees them such cover. Challenge all they may, they won’t get it done unless they comply 100% which they haven’t, PIF have nowt shown they are separate from the state and unless they do, sorry, game over and they can’t because they are, technically, again it’s about technicalities… 

By their own O&D test they have a section concerning deadlines, so yes thy have forced the issue. Jackie Broon has covered that countless times over the past year.  

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You always use Jacobs to try and back you up., bit like you always use Keith to try and rubbish things. You accused someone of guesswork the other day and then immediately followd it up with your own guesswork. Have an opoinion, but wait for official releases to make those, not what people driven with an agenda (both ways) present,

Eh? I’ve not used anyone to ‘back me up’ 

what the fuck are you even on about? Jinky mentioned Jacobs and keys in one of his points. I addressed the point and I even said I’ve no idea what Jacobs has said and then you tell me not to mention Jacobs. 
did you struggle to read it properly or are you just being a bit of a dick? :lol:

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You post Jacobs, Edwards, Keiths and Keys tweets every time to try and back up your opinion.

I have never used keys to back up my point. I’ve called Edwards a cunt many a time. I ridicule Keith and I’ve mentioned Jacobs probably a handful of times. 

what the fuck are you on about? :lol: :idiot2:

Edited by gdm

There were too many questions on the latest development, for both sides of the argument to come up with their own spin on it. I couldn’t argue with the thoughts of the doubters as they may well be proven correct, however for me, there is enough in these developments to keep me firmly in the positive camp….i wait over the next few weeks/perhaps month and expect more to come out about the recent events.

Just now, gdm said:

I have never used keys to back up my point. I’ve called Edwards a cunt many a time. I ridicule Keith and I’ve mentioned Jacobs probably a handful of times. 

what the fuck are you on about? :lol:

Keep living in dreamland [emoji38] That's me done as you have a habbit of making things last 3 or 4 pages. I'm done with my say and will leave it there.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Keep living in dreamland [emoji38] That's me done as you have a habbit of making things last 3 or 4 pages. I'm done with my say and will leave it there.

You are talking shite. You’ve jumped in to a post where I didn’t even bring up Jacobs or keys, jinky jim did and made an arse of yourself. Now kindly fuck off idiot :lol:

Edited by gdm

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

By their own O&D test they have a section concerning deadlines, so yes thy have forced the issue. Jackie Broon has covered that countless times over the past year.  

They’ve basically not forced the issue by not directing anything, the buyers have to comply or nothing happens and that hasn’t happened. It’s a case of MA and co spitting their dummies out, yes the PL are corrupt and this isn’t on, but do you know what, if they want the club so badly, do what is in the clear and definite OD test and get it done, the fact they can’t is down to because they don’t fully comply so they are as complicit as the PL in this whole sorry saga and mess. Again, they can all go and fuck themselves. Meanwhile our club, OUR FUCKING CLUB, gets fucked over by these cunts. 

Edited by HTT II

18 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Nope not when he is going to lose £300+ million, when the compenstation offer would show he is in the right. Let's just see though.

a. He hasn't "lost" 300m. He's lost the difference between 300m and the value of the club now plus potentially some lost costs in relation to revenue last year etc.

b. The takeover is no more or less likely than it was a week ago. The timeframe has altered, that's all. The risk is that the buyers might pull out beforehand I suppose but the cases or no weaker or stronger than before.

c. On the disclosure side - the PL might have asked for shit loads of evidence that they know will be tricky for the club to get, whilst also requesting more time as their own evidence is complicated. The judge doesn't care whether a takeover happens in 1 month or a year. Is potentially no reflection on the case....

5 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

There were too many questions on the latest development, for both sides of the argument to come up with their own spin on it. I couldn’t argue with the thoughts of the doubters as they may well be proven correct, however for me, there is enough in these developments to keep me firmly in the positive camp….i wait over the next few weeks/perhaps month and expect more to come out about the recent events.

Perfectly summarised Jinky all still to play for.

16 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

a. He hasn't "lost" 300m. He's lost the difference between 300m and the value of the club now plus potentially some lost costs in relation to revenue last year etc.

b. The takeover is no more or less likely than it was a week ago. The timeframe has altered, that's all. The risk is that the buyers might pull out beforehand I suppose but the cases or no weaker or stronger than before.

c. On the disclosure side - the PL might have asked for shit loads of evidence that they know will be tricky for the club to get, whilst also requesting more time as their own evidence is complicated. The judge doesn't care whether a takeover happens in 1 month or a year. Is potentially no reflection on the case....

I'll reply to you as you replied to points I stated for the first time, before I switch off for the rest of the night.

(a) Never said lost, I said lose and the value only matters if he has a buyer and value (he approves) and we know that has not been the case these last 15 years. I imagine he will see it as losing £300 million as he's already paid or the cost of the club.

(b) Totally agree

(c) We don't know what evidence either side has, so pointless guessing who has the more significant evidence. Just got to let the legal cases play out, however long that takes.

Edited by et tu brute