Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'll reply to you as you replied to points I stated for the first time, before I switch off for the rest of the night.

(a) Never said lost, I said lose and the value only matters if he has a buyer and value (he approves) and we know that has not been the case these last 15 years. I imagine he will see it as losing £300 million as he's already paid or the cost of the club.

(b) Totally agree

(c) We don't know what evidence either side has, so pointless guessing who has the more significant evidence. Just got to let the legal cases play out, however long that takes.

Genuinely didn't mean to reply disagreeing with you, was just my own musings. I'm sure he will see it as losing 300m, just that the courts won't and his compo will be a fraction of that. 

Edited by Hhtoon

33 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Genuinely didn't mean to reply disagreeing with you, was just my own musings. I'm sure he will see it as losing 300m, just that the courts won't and his compo will be a fraction of that. 

Agree on your last point and that’s why I don’t think he will just settle for any compensation unless he has the takeover completed. It all boils down imho to the evidence he has and whether it is strong enough for the Premier League to be worried enough of the consequences of it being made public. The key date to me has always been the CAT judgement on whether the case proceeds and for it to be made available to the public (as per normal CAT case). If it if then this opens a few possibilities open. We will just have to wait and see as this is probably the next official thing we will hear. 

I suspect if the PL thought they had a watertight case they would have got this done as quick as possible. It seems they are playing the long game in the hope that it drags out to a point that those involved see it as not being worth the time nor effort anymore. Whether Ashley et al have a watertight case or not remains to be seen, but the PL will make it as tough as possible for that case to ever see the light of day. Like I said in an earlier post, this has turned into a staring contest between snakes (they can't blink).

Meanwhile it's the supporters that are left with an unwanted step child that's made to sleep under the stairs, barely fed and never bought new things.

8 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I suspect if the PL thought they had a watertight case they would have got this done as quick as possible. It seems they are playing the long game in the hope that it drags out to a point that those involved see it as not being worth the time nor effort anymore. Whether Ashley et al have a watertight case or not remains to be seen, but the PL will make it as tough as possible for that case to ever see the light of day. Like I said in an earlier post, this has turned into a staring contest between snakes (they can't blink).

Meanwhile it's the supporters that are left with an unwanted step child that's made to sleep under the stairs, barely fed and never bought new things.

They were probably rubbing their hand in early March when it looked pretty good we were going down. The whole thing relies on what evidence Ashley has and whether it’s strong enough to make them blink first.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I think the PL would rather allow it to go through then pay a hefty compensation sum to Ashley. What sort of figure are we talking about that would satisfy Ashley ? He’s lost 340 million, he’s not settling for his legal fees being covered at this point.

He has, but he retains the football club. He's not going to be awarded £340million in any scenario.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If this isn’t evidence that he’s being ‘parked’ over there ready for a shady Granada/Watford/Udinese style transfer to us because the takeover is going ahead, I don’t know what is.

:pardsgrin:

22 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He has, but he retains the football club. He's not going to be awarded £340million in any scenario.

What’s his losses on the football club though post covid valuation. He could reasonably argue he had a deal for 340 million pre covid and due to PL the club is now valued at 300 to be very generous.

Would the PL or their insurers be happy to pick the tab up for the difference ?

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

What’s his losses on the football club though post covid valuation. He could reasonably argue he had a deal for 340 million pre covid and due to PL the club is now valued at 300 to be very generous.

Would the PL or their insurers be happy to pick this tab up ? 

I doubt anybody will be happy to give £40million to the fat cunt, but insurance is there for this type of thing.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

I doubt anybody will be happy to give £40million to the fat cunt, but insurance is there for this type of thing.

Not sure any insurers would be willing to pay out 40 million if they knew there was an alternative resolution.

Not sure which thread to put this is but due to certain parallels with our case I’ve stuck it in here.

Very interesting read and shows why in our battle for transparency De Marco sees this as a telling judgement.

The final sentence in judges verdict could easily apply to the PL in our arbitration. Hopefully if proven the PL are delaying a CAT judge will see through this and ensure case is public.

'It is surprising, and a matter of legitimate public concern, that so little progress has been made after two and a half years — during which, it may be noted, the club has twice been crowned as Premier League champions.'

Also very interesting thread on the City situation.

Couple of thoughts if anyone thinks City are not state run, the sponsorship deals tell a different story. They’ve just been much more clever than Saudi Arabia and set up a private equity company. In my opinion PIF should have done this, perhaps a sporting arm run with complete autonomy from main sovereign fund.

Secondly Fenway were up in arms when City won CAS case and said it completely threatened their financial model. I have no doubt that City are the black sheep in the big 6. We know Liverpool and United played a leading role in Masters appointment, it would not surprise me in the least if they were driving the PL’s investigation into City and also further enforces why they would be fighting tooth and nail to keep us out.

The CAT case is key but these articles

cleary show the lengths city have gone to avoid disclosure, we might have to strap in for a long battle as PL will in reverse fight disclosure in our case.

Edited by Whitley mag

So FFP is really there to keep the big clubs at the top and everyone else as cannon fodder, nothing in that article says positive vibes for our takeover, apart from the need to rid of FFP.

11 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure any insurers would be willing to pay out 40 million if they knew there was an alternative resolution.

I mean if it was old Doris claiming for her flood I'd agree 100%. Insurance companies exist solely to protect the investments of the wealthy.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

So FFP is really there to keep the big clubs at the top and everyone else as cannon fodder, nothing in that article says positive vibes for our takeover, apart from the need to rid of FFP.

I think the key parts from the article are that City also believed the PL arbitration process is biased and not impartial.

They to went down the route of the high court to fight PL, similarly it appears we are also going down this route now.

Most importantly though as De Marco highlighted earlier in the week both parties went to lengths to ensure information was kept private. This bodes well for the CAT case being public and us being able to obtain documents from PL. Unlike this case the PL are the defendants and I would imagine they’ll go to similar lengths as City to keep it private. It makes me very confident that if CAT goes ahead a settlement can be reached, as in most CAT cases.

'You are bemoaning reality,' he tells Pannick. 'This is a matter of the greatest public interest.'

City had launched several challenges to the Premier League's attempt to obtain documents and information. They lost on all counts and now the club want to keep that secret too. 'What the court is saying,' Pannick argues, 'is that the price [of bringing the challenges] might be publication.'

Moreover, publication would spark extensive press coverage of what has happened — and any possible sanctions — in '[what] would ordinarily be a private process.'

That, City claim, will make it more difficult to reach a resolution without more arbitration. They point out that the Premier League would also prefer details are kept under wraps, even if they want the power to refer to this judgment in any disputes with other clubs.

Edited by Whitley mag

This cunt was adamant the Saudi’s we’re never interested in us then reluctantly had to admit they we’re when the evidence was undeniable, he then piped up again when arbitration was delayed last week.

Think he let his mask slip here.

Edited by Whitley mag

This is very true and will surely form a major part of anti competition case. It beggars belief that they legally wanted this enshrined in the rule book, any disclosure around PBP will be very interesting never mind ESL.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This is very true and will surely form a major part of anti competition case. It beggars belief that they legally wanted this enshrined in the rule book, any disclosure around PBP will be very interesting never mind ESL.

I just hope PIF are prepared to wait long enough for this shit to hit the fan (if the parties involved don’t find a way to weasel out of it - which they inevitably will)

Let’s not forget? How could we? We’ve had a very small amount of actual info discovered/released, talked about, then recycled and talked about all over again pretty much for 2 years non stop, 3-4 if you take in the bollocks that was BZG.

There’s only so many ways you can analyse this info. We’ve been repeating ourselves for a long time now.

The podcast chumps are peak waffle right now, it’s exactly what we don’t need.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Let’s not forget? How could we? We’ve had a very small amount of actual info discovered/released, talked about, then recycled and talked about all over again pretty much for 2 years non stop, 3-4 if you take in the bollocks that was BZG.

There’s only so many ways you can analyse this info. We’ve been repeating ourselves for a long time now.

The podcast chumps are peak waffle right now, it’s exactly what we don’t need.

I agree they just let Keith waffle on with the same shit he comes out with everything week he never actually tells you anything new. 

It’s about keeping it in the public eye and trying to help with any pressure we can apply. If people have had enough they should bow out, however until Staveley tells us it’s off we should attempt to make this as awkward as possible for the PL.

West Ham live at home on tv represents a perfect opportunity to get our point across. I’d even break my boycott and buy a ticket if there was something big planned.

Doubtful with our support these days but I live in hope.