Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

39 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I would absolutely love it if we had the bottle as a fanbase to cause mayhem against West Ham and get the match called off. Unfortunately I just cant see it happening and I guarantee we'd get a points deduction off the Premier League (Still be worth it IMO, this is far bigger than the match) 

Surely they’ve set a precedent when the mancs got away without a deduction.

We’d get loads of stick nationally but at this point who cares. 

Edited by Whitley mag

36 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I would absolutely love it if we had the bottle as a fanbase to cause mayhem against West Ham and get the match called off. Unfortunately I just cant see it happening and I guarantee we'd get a points deduction off the Premier League (Still be worth it IMO, this is far bigger than the match) 

Points deduction is a sweet bonus imo.

5 hours ago, Slim said:

Seeing more people talk about getting the match stopped so that's refreshing.

I’ll take ‘Shit that won’t happen’ for $500, Alex.

Ashley’s loyal customer base couldn’t even get a walk out organised man. Couldn’t get behind a walk in either, heaven forbid missing the first few minutes of game to make a stand so good luck thinking enough will try and cause disruption to postpone a game. 45k Alex Hurst’s will turn up, sing a few songs and meekly fall in line. 

The proper hardcore support of the 80’s & 90’s is long gone. Outnumbered by the ‘Nobody is going to stop me going to the match / boo the team / fuck off at 80 minutes brigade’. 

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How does a bloke with something to do with Swansea know what’s going on up here and at other clubs? Serious question btw, people within the club don’t have a clue. 

I used to know a guy who did scouting for Swansea. He told me we were signing Alan Smith months before we were publicly linked. 

37 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How does a bloke with something to do with Swansea know what’s going on up here and at other clubs? Serious question btw, people within the club don’t have a clue. 

I imagine agents will know most stuff and bounce off each other to take people's eyes out.

9 hours ago, LFEE said:

So…

I’m on a campsite in the Lake District where I overhear a guy in the next plot on his phone. Keeping a distance for discretion I begin to eavesdrop.

Clearly a guy in the football industry he’s also talking with I pick out some various nuggets in between kids screaming and cars passing.

Had them to post yesterday however today I saw him alone in a quieter setting and give him a compliment on his dog for a stop and chat as Larry David would say.

In summary we had the deal done for the Barcelona full back that’s went to Leeds all done with club and player only for MA to pull it. This has pissed Bruce off massively and he’s now getting offered players he doesn’t want which is pissing him off further.

The son or brother of the guy who bought Bristol City wanted to buy us but as we’d expect MA wants the sale of the club structured so any future cup wins etc etc over a long period of time he gets a cut of profits etc.

Some Peruvian businessman was also interested but got sick of being messed around and many others haven’t shown proof of funds.

There are some Qatari’s wanting us now but at £280 but MA not budging on £320 up front.

Anyway this guy was something to do with Swansea and their recruitment and close to Hew Jenkins the former owner. Didn’t speak highly Cooper or of the new owners as did a leverage buy out which lead me to discussing the misuse of the O&D test in our case which he agreed with. 

Mentioned a few other deals yesterday but was hard to keep track. Think some club want Fat Sam.

Anyway back to my camping. Thought I’d share. Didn’t like is dog at all TBH.

Hold on a second!.......

What kind of dog was it?

41 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I used to know a guy who did scouting for Swansea. He told me we were signing Alan Smith months before we were publicly linked. 

I know the bloke who scouted Krafth, but he didn’t have scooby about what was going on with any sale. He was scathing about the scouting set up and then what happened when they were furloughed. He’s no longer with the club.

I was more referring to selling the club, where interest was coming from and how this was known. It’s always seemed like there’s only 1 show in town and any other talk was white noise with Ashley complaining about time wasters. Peruvian businessmen and relations of Bristol City’s owners would fit that bill I suppose.

Think that was posted on the subreddit too. Counting League 1 wins etc for other teams yet not the Championship for us. I'd say 'big clubs apply big standards' but that just starts a war whether we are "big" - in reality who cares? 

27 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I know the bloke who scouted Krafth, but he didn’t have scooby about what was going on with any sale.

Steve Nickson, our chief scout, convinced Lee Charnley to buy Emil Krafth though.

5 hours ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Hold on a second!.......

What kind of dog was it?

Very expensive looking British bulldog type. Imagine the fat Sam dog emoji doing the rounds around 10 year ago or more on this forum.

The PL published a new handbook on Friday with some interesting looking changes to the O&D test.

They’ve introduced an “owners’ charter” which has to be submitted by each director 14 days before the start of each season. Although the rules are silent on what the Owners’ Charter actually is, “Owners’ Charter means the document of that name agreed by Clubs” is all the rules say.

It also requires that “where the Director is not a natural person, it must ensure that the individual signing the Owners’ Charter on its behalf is duly authorised to do so.”

And there is a new guidance note added to the O&D test in Section F that states "where these Rules impose an obligation on a Director (or proposed Director) to submit a Declaration (whether under this Rule F.2 or Rule F.24) and the Director (or proposed Director) concerned is not a natural person, it must ensure that the individual signing the Declaration on its behalf is duly authorised to do so and to bind that Director to comply with the obligations placed upon it by these Rules."

They have also altered the definition of "Connected Person" (which is a term used in the all important definition of "Control") to include reference to circumstances involving a person who is not a natural person.

No idea what that means for us, but it seems that the PL are concerned that their previous rules didn't deal clearly enough with circumstances where a person taking control is not a natural person i.e. a company or state.

Edited by Jackie Broon

11 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Glad he isn’t at the club if Krafht was his scouting. 

He was scouted as a low budget development/ squad player. This bloke has been chief scout at several clubs and worked with England. The bigger worry is our scouting system sounded an absolute joke, restricted on type of player to be scouted and stopped from attending various tournaments. Nickson seems to have become a yes man, prepared to play along. 

7 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

The PL published a new handbook on Friday with some interesting looking changes to the O&D test.

They’ve introduced an “owners’ charter” which has to be submitted by each director 14 days before the start of each season. Although the rules are silent on what the Owners’ Charter actually is, “Owners’ Charter means the document of that name agreed by Clubs” is all the rules say.

It also requires that “where the Director is not a natural person, it must ensure that the individual signing the Owners’ Charter on its behalf is duly authorised to do so.”

And there is a new guidance note added to the O&D test in Section F that states "where these Rules impose an obligation on a Director (or proposed Director) to submit a Declaration (whether under this Rule F.2 or Rule F.24) and the Director (or proposed Director) concerned is not a natural person, it must ensure that the individual signing the Declaration on its behalf is duly authorised to do so and to bind that Director to comply with the obligations placed upon it by these Rules."

They have also altered the definition of "Connected Person" (which is a term used in the all important definition of "Control") to include reference to circumstances involving a person who is not a natural person.

No idea what that means for us, but it seems that the PL are concerned that their previous rules didn't deal clearly enough with circumstances where a person taking control is not a natural person i.e. a company or state.

Making changes after the horse has bolted in relation to our takeover, or would our bid now be subject to these changes ?