Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Danny Jowell QC-

‘Daniel has an academic background in both EU law and economics. He has appeared in a number of the landmark competition law cases of recent years, with particular experience in numerous cartel damages actions’.

I cannot believe someone of this ilk would not have made Ashley well aware of timescales. Therefore, I’m quite relaxed about this, if we get go ahead early October it will give PL a lot to think about. 

The key question at this point, is there a precedent where jurisdiction ruling has been appealed in CAT before and what was timescale ? 

It may only need the CAT case being given the go ahead to change PL’s resistance. 

In my opinion the consortium will give this to early 2022 for progress. PIF can’t buy another English club and do they see other leagues as prestigious and as financially rewarding in comparison ?

In short i’m still in until Staveley waves the white flag.

Edited by Whitley mag

TBF I think the Saudis have been totally humiliated and if I was them I would walk. It looks like they have a good relationship with the Italians so maybe do something in that league.

Seems to me the EPL are never going tp address the point at issue rather Bird and Bird will obfuscate in order to prevent the point at issue ever going before a judge for a decision.  Its what they have done with the Atbitration and are attempting with the CAT case!!!!

Completely agree with both these tweets. By default though so long as arbitration remains ongoing we know buyers remain at the table, as there would be no point any longer in proving separation if they’d walked away. Confirmation from buyers would be nice at this point though to settle nerves and keep fans on board.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Completely agree with both these tweets. By default though so long as arbitration remains ongoing we know buyers remain at the table, as there would be no point any longer in proving separation if they’d walked away. Confirmation from buyers would be nice at this point though to settle nerves and keep fans on board.

absolutely zero chance of the Saudis putting all of their footballing investment eggs into this frothing basket of sheer fucking lunacy. They’ll invest elsewhere, in another league that will be more welcoming and some other bastarding team and city will reap the benefits of their bottomless pit of cash and investment know how.

10 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

absolutely zero chance of the Saudis putting all of their footballing investment eggs into this frothing basket of sheer fucking lunacy. They’ll invest elsewhere, in another league that will be more welcoming and some other bastarding team and city will reap the benefits of their bottomless pit of cash and investment know how.

Will be fun watching them guide a Italian or french team to champions league glory :lol:

I'm glad I'm able to come back, thanks admins seriously. This whole thread is batshit though, I've been viewing from afar & to put it in simple terms, if you believe Keith/Wraith/the in drag Dentist you deserve the pain we have x100

We're in the shit for the foreseeable future, the sooner everyone realises that the better.

3 minutes ago, Charlies said:

We're in the shit for the foreseeable future, the sooner everyone realises that the better.

A lot of people feel like that, and it is an understandable feeling.

Delays are occurring, and they are increasing the numbers of people who share your feelings, which is also understandable. 

Everyone who matters, who is involved in this takeover and has been for a long time, is working very hard to achieve success. Delays do not change that fact, neither do they materially affect the eventual outcome.

15 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Delays are occurring, and they are increasing the numbers of people who share your feelings, which is also understandable. 

Everyone who matters, who is involved in this takeover and has been for a long time, is working very hard to achieve success. Delays do not change that fact, neither do they materially affect the eventual outcome.

I'm not trying to be funny mate, but you are the worst one on here for  it?

9 hours ago, manorpark said:

:mackems:

tenor.gif?itemid=5182223

Some people can’t be honest with themselves. They’ll claim to come in this thread for shits and giggles, but the truth is they still know there’s a chance this happens.

Every one has the right to change their mind based on a constantly changing narrative, however you’re absolutely correct apart from legal delays nothing has changed.

There is still 2 legal cases ongoing and at this point the consortium show no sign of bailing out. I absolutely believe the Saudi’s are still in to at least early 2022.

By that point we’ll know what’s happening with CAT and hopefully arbitration will have taken place.

In reality the CAT jurisdiction is being heard earlier than could have been hoped for and it appears from reading various sources an appeal of that decision is very difficult.

They’ll all be interested again come the end of September mate, it’s a rollercoaster and it’s far from over.

Edited by Whitley mag

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some people can’t be honest with themselves. They’ll claim to come in this thread for shits and giggles, but the truth is they still know there’s a chance this happens.

Every one has the right to change their mind based on a constantly changing narrative, however you’re absolutely correct apart from legal delays nothing has changed.

There is still 2 legal cases ongoing and at this point the consortium show no sign of bailing out. I absolutely believe the Saudi’s are still in to at least early 2022.

By that point we’ll know what’s happening with CAT and hopefully arbitration will have taken place.

In reality the CAT jurisdiction is being heard earlier than could have been hoped for and it appears from reading various sources an appeal of that decision is very difficult.

They’ll all be interested again come the end of September mate, it’s a rollercoaster and it’s far from over.

You can't be serious. The majority of people on here have balanced views and have said there's a chance this could happen, but at the same time understand that this saga has been going on for 18 months now with no approval.

Furthermore, the people who apparently ITK like good old Keith have repeatedly got dates wrong probably because his source hasn't got a fucking clue either, yet he's treated like some god for some reason.

Now we've got more delays and it doesn't appear things are progressing in our favour.

It still may happen, but this nonsense about it definitely happening and just wait is beyond tedious.

Edited by Alberto2005

“Delays do not change that fact, neither do they materially affect the eventual outcome”

joey and fantail would have got ridden for putting the negative equivalent of this on.  At least Whitley used to have some back-up to his ramblings. 

I said if nothing happened this month (or if we didn't at least have significant progress) then I was out. 

I'm totally gone. Fuck this club. Fuck the manager. Fuck Mike Ashley. Fuck the Premier League. 

Mike Ashley and the Premier League are just as corrupt as each other. 

I haven't been to a game for half a decade. I won't watch any of our matches or give a shit if we win or lose. I don't care who we sign or we don't sign.

I still care about Newcastle United and when I am able to come back, I will.

If there's any serious protest plans in the future, I'll be a part of it. I'll do anything to be able to support this club again. Until then, fuck them all. All they'll bring you is anger and heartache, and there's enough of those already in this world.

Edited by Rocker

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

You can't be serious. The majority of people on here have balanced views and have said there's a chance this could happen, but at the same time understand that this saga has been going on for 18 months now with no approval.

Furthermore, the people who apparently ITK like good old Keith have repeatedly got dates wrong probably because his source hasn't got a fucking clue either, yet he's treated like some god for some reason.

Now we've got more delays and it doesn't appear things are progressing.

It still may happen, but this nonsense about it definitely happening and just wait is beyond tedious.

I’m perfectly serious there are some very good balanced posters on here, I’ve acknowledged that by saying everyone has right to change their  view on this. However, there’s also some wind up merchants who think we’re potty for thinking this will ever happen. 

I think some of the stuff re dates has been unhelpful, but in some cases are people just passing on what they’ve been told ? 

I form my opinion by reading and listening to various sources. For example I don’t have a pathological hatred for Steve Wraith as some clearly do on here, I’m quite happy to listen to his views as I know he does have contact with buyers.

Does that mean I agree with everything he says ? Absolutely not I was quite perplexed by his view that the Saudi’s will not now hang around based on CAT jurisdiction date, as I stated earlier this was earlier than could have been expected so not sure where he’s coming from with that.

Was Keith wrong with the impression he gave that CAT hearing would be announced and not jurisdiction, undoubtedly yes I’m not sure how he came to that view as some good posters on here quite rightly pointed out that was never going to happen.

A long winded reply but I just don’t think anyone should get to worked up if manorpark says wait or

someone implies something will happen and it doesn’t.

I’m still very positive the PL will settle if this CAT case gets go ahead, I’m not attempting to wind anyone up with that opinion it’s just what I believe.