Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I said if nothing happened this month (or if we didn't at least have significant progress) then I was out. 

I'm totally gone. Fuck this club. Fuck the manager. Fuck Mike Ashley. Fuck the Premier League. 

Mike Ashley and the Premier League are as just as corrupt as each other. 

I haven't been to a game for half a decade. I won't watch any of our matches or give a shit if we win or lose. I don't care who we sign or we don't sign.

I still care about Newcastle United and when I am able to come back, I will.

If there's any serious protest plans in the future, I'll be a part of it. I'll do anything to be able to support this club again. Until then, fuck them all. All they'll bring you is anger and heartache, and there's enough of those already in this world.

I’m with you Rocker don’t go any longer, but would absolutely get involved in some anti PL protests at this point.

42 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some people can’t be honest with themselves. They’ll claim to come in this thread for shits and giggles, but the truth is they still know there’s a chance this happens.

Every one has the right to change their mind based on a constantly changing narrative, however you’re absolutely correct apart from legal delays nothing has changed.

There is still 2 legal cases ongoing and at this point the consortium show no sign of bailing out. I absolutely believe the Saudi’s are still in to at least early 2022.

By that point we’ll know what’s happening with CAT and hopefully arbitration will have taken place.

In reality the CAT jurisdiction is being heard earlier than could have been hoped for and it appears from reading various sources an appeal of that decision is very difficult.

They’ll all be interested again come the end of September mate, it’s a rollercoaster and it’s far from over.

What you fail to acknowledge is the way it’s gone so far there will likely be even more delays.

as far as the CAT goes. September is only when we find out if the case goes ahead. There’s every chance it won’t go ahead and if it does the hearing probably won’t be heard for 5 of 6 months later.

that’s why the bullshit merchants wraith & Keith have quickly changed their tune. They have realised they have got it so wrong and it will keep on getting delayed and as they had been told by actual lawyers that these things aren’t a quick process and could be well in to next year before it’s heard.

will PIF wait that long? possibly but to be outright positive that this will still happen is just ridiculous 

Edited by gdm

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

What you fail to acknowledge is the way it’s gone so far there will likely be even more delays.

as far as the CAT goes. September is only when we find out if the case goes ahead. There’s every chance it won’t go ahead and if it does the hearing probably won’t be heard for 5 of 6 months later.

that’s why the bullshit merchants wraith & Keith have quickly changed their tune. They realise they have got it so wrong and as they had been told by actual lawyers that these things aren’t a quick process and could be well in to next year before it’s heard.

will PIF wait that long? possibly but to be outright positive that this will still happen is just ridiculous 

Sorry, but I’ve acknowledged the fact by stating that from what I’ve read the PL will find It very difficult to appeal the jurisdiction outcome.

If that happens the case is underway and in my opinion brings a whole new reality to what’s facing them. All that’s happened so far is they’ve been able to delay, there hopefully comes a point very shortly where they’ve got to address the arguments.

I believe unlike the True Faith lawyer for example that the 2 cases are absolutely linked, but also agree with him that they have entirely different points to enable them both to proceed.

To answer your final point even Jacobs believes they will hang around to early 2022. So I’m quite happy to be ridiculously positive on that front for the moment.

Edited by Whitley mag

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m perfectly serious there are some very good balanced posters on here, I’ve acknowledged that by saying everyone has right to change their  view on this. However, there’s also some wind up merchants who think we’re potty for thinking this will ever happen. 

I think some of the stuff re dates has been unhelpful, but in some cases are people just passing on what they’ve been told ? 

I form my opinion by reading and listening to various sources. For example I don’t have a pathological hatred for Steve Wraith as some clearly do on here, I’m quite happy to listen to his views as I know he does have contact with buyers.

Does that mean I agree with everything he says ? Absolutely not I was quite perplexed by his view that the Saudi’s will not now hang around based on CAT jurisdiction date, as I stated earlier this was earlier than could have been expected so not sure where he’s coming from with that.

Was Keith wrong with the impression he gave that CAT hearing would be announced and not jurisdiction, undoubtedly yes I’m not sure how he came to that view as some good posters on here quite rightly pointed out that was never going to happen.

A long winded reply but I just don’t think anyone should get to worked up if manorpark says wait or

someone implies something will happen and it doesn’t.

I’m still very positive the PL will settle if this CAT case gets go ahead, I’m not attempting to wind anyone up with that opinion it’s just what I believe.

So basically, you acknowledge that SW does have inside information, but you'll choose to ignore the fact that he now thinks that PIF will walk away. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

So basically, you acknowledge that SW does have inside information, but you'll choose to ignore the fact that he now thinks that PIF will walk away. 

He gets info from buyers yes, but that is not what he based his opinion on in relation to them not waiting.

He clearly stated in his opinion and hasn’t since altered this to say he has been told by buyers.

Everyone’s got to weigh the evidence how best they see fit and come to their own decision of where they’re at.

I accept at the minute there’s a lot of grey, so being in or out is a reasonable position.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sorry, but I’ve acknowledged the fact by stating that from what I’ve read the PL will find It very difficult to appeal the jurisdiction outcome.

you absolutely haven’t addressed that a) arbitration could be delayed even longer. No one really knows the ins and outs of that and b) the fact if CAT case doesn’t get thrown it it won’t just start the following Monday. It’ll be months and months before it starts

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

incredible isn’t it :lol:

53 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some people can’t be honest with themselves. They’ll claim to come in this thread for shits and giggles, but the truth is they still know there’s a chance this happens.

Every one has the right to change their mind based on a constantly changing narrative, however you’re absolutely correct apart from legal delays nothing has changed.

There is still 2 legal cases ongoing and at this point the consortium show no sign of bailing out. I absolutely believe the Saudi’s are still in to at least early 2022.

By that point we’ll know what’s happening with CAT and hopefully arbitration will have taken place.

In reality the CAT jurisdiction is being heard earlier than could have been hoped for and it appears from reading various sources an appeal of that decision is very difficult.

They’ll all be interested again come the end of September mate, it’s a rollercoaster and it’s far from over.

Extraordinary. Most insightful thing you’ve ever posted, although chances are you’ll be oblivious to why. Pass your wisdom to on Walter Mitty the emoji terrorist, the 4th Kray brother and the non thinking man’s dentist.

Take care of yourself man, I admire your passion for the club and desire to want this deal to get rubber stamped, pretty much everyone wants it but relentless blind faith that it will inevitably happen isn’t being honest with yourself. I worry for your state of mind if this takeover finally dies, just be prepared for it and think about an exit strategy from the rabbit hole. 

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

you absolutely haven’t addressed that a) arbitration could be delayed even longer. No one really knows the ins and outs of that and b) the fact if CAT case doesn’t get thrown it it won’t just start the following Monday. It’ll be months and months before it starts

incredible isn’t it :lol:

We could quite easily have a case hearing before the end of year, the TF Lawyer acknowledged this yesterday.

In relation to arbitration there could be more delays, but also there might not be.

Once the CAT case is given the go ahead the dynamics change, even Matt Slater acknowledged yesterday the PL want to stop the case to avoid embarrassment and risk.

Lets see what happens if CAT decision goes out way, I’m positive on that front as arbitration in no way covers scope of CAT.

See reply above in relation to Wraith.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, JeffJ said:

Extraordinary. Most insightful thing you’ve ever posted, although chances are you’ll be oblivious to why. Pass your wisdom to on Walter Mitty the emoji terrorist, the 4th Kray brother and the non thinking man’s dentist.

Take care of yourself man, I admire your passion for the club and desire to want this deal to get rubber stamped, pretty much everyone wants it but relentless blind faith that it will inevitably happen isn’t being honest with yourself. I worry for your state of mind if this takeover finally dies, just be prepared for it and think about an exit strategy from the rabbit hole. 

I’ll fall on my sword graciously if it fails, but my position for the moment remains unchanged.

I’ll reconcile myself with the money I’ll save in returning to the match if it doesn’t go through.

A poor mans version of this takeover doesn’t interest me, I’ll not accept a leveraged US buyout that suits

the PL.

It’s about more than the Saudi’s now, it’s about an equal playing field and being allowed what we believe is best for our own club and city.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s about more than the Saudi’s now, it’s about an equal playing field and being allowed what we believe is best for our own club and city.

that I agree with. I’m very bitter towards the ‘big 6’ and the PL now

Edited by gdm

I actually don't agree with the assumption that the Saudis will walk away. Where to? If they really believe the PL is the vehicle for their sports branding, then they aren't going to get any joy at another club now either, doesn't matter if it's Man U or Liverpool. 

They could go to Italy or France, but with their money they could do all that and keep their hat in the ring for NUFC as well. Buying into the PL will be a long term project for them, a few more delays will probably be taken on the chin.

That said, if they are led to believe there's no way in, then they will walk away. And the way the PL is set up to serve the Big 6, I think that is always going to be the biggest obstacle, not time. It's an exclusive club, and the PL and their paymasters don't want Saudis owning a club outside the big 6. 

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

I actually don't agree with the assumption that the Saudis will walk away. Where to? If they really believe the PL is the vehicle for their sports branding, then they aren't going to get any joy at another club now either, doesn't matter if it's Man U or Liverpool. 

They could go to Italy or France, but with their money they could do all that and keep their hat in the ring for NUFC as well. Buying into the PL will be a long term project for them, a few more delays will probably be taken on the chin.

That said, if they are led to believe there's no way in, then they will walk away. And the way the PL is set up to serve the Big 6, I think that is always going to be the biggest obstacle, not time. It's an exclusive club, and the PL and their paymasters don't want Saudis owning a club outside the big 6. 

Good post.  I like the odds of PIF buying us 18 mos. to 2 years from now more than I do before year's end.  What good does that do us?   More time for apathy.  More time for the club to rot from the inside out.  More time for the big six and PL to manipulate football for their own desires.  If the sale goes through in two years are we to miraculously rally around the club?  How many of us will have moved on?

54 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Good post.  I like the odds of PIF buying us 18 mos. to 2 years from now more than I do before year's end.  What good does that do us?   More time for apathy.  More time for the club to rot from the inside out.  More time for the big six and PL to manipulate football for their own desires.  If the sale goes through in two years are we to miraculously rally around the club?  How many of us will have moved on?

The club is on life support anyway this season, and tbh, has been since Rafa left, and we were barely treading water then. 

There's nothing to follow as it stands, basically just find something else to pass your time until Ashley is gone. The only interest I have in this season is if Bruce starts getting abuse from fans at the game. It's comedy value only, but that seems to be our role in English football anyway. 

Guest HTT II
18 minutes ago, TRon said:

The club is on life support anyway this season, and tbh, has been since Rafa left, and we were barely treading water then. 

There's nothing to follow as it stands, basically just find something else to pass your time until Ashley is gone. The only interest I have in this season is if Bruce starts getting abuse from fans at the game. It's comedy value only, but that seems to be our role in English football anyway. 

I’ll be trying to get in as much footy as possible with Gateshead, Newcastle Blue Star and my boys’ football. My only interest in NUFC will be them getting beat and burning to the ground. Bring that on, hope Bruce gets tonnes of vitriol from the stands. 

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

You were convinced it was already done a week ago :lol:

See Billy Bullshit Keith has went very very quiet. Let's hope he stay's like that. In fact let's hope all of them do Wraith, Edwards, Jocobs, the lot of them and just let the cases play out in the background as fuck all is going to happen until they have.  Unfortunately they won't though as they love to get their clicks.