Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

34 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Thread name gives it away like. As mental as this thread is, positivity was the aim to counter the miserable realism of the actual takeover

It's more a thread for people who are consistently misinformed and more often than not subsequently proven wrong. Deep down they know that's the case too i think, but they would prefer that no one ever points it out. Which is fine obviously. 

Honestly I do think it's a dead horse being flogged but the threads here for the boys to have stiff upper lippedness.

And one does hope they can sit on a very very high undead horse in the end, with utter smugness.

It's why I don't get bothered, sit back and hope they're right, as mad as it maybe.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

And then tells everyone who mentions it to ignore him. When he can't ignore a whole fucking thread

Still talking about me. Someone has a problem. Let it go man

Edited by gdm

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Honestly I do think it's a dead horse being flogged but the threads here for the boys have stiff upper lippedness.

And one does hope they can sit on a very very high undead horse in the end, with utter smugness.

It why I don't get bothered, sit back and hope they're right, as mad as it maybe.

Exactly 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

It's more a thread for people who are consistently misinformed and more often than not subsequently proven wrong. Deep down they know that's the case too i think, but they would prefer that no one ever points it out. Which is fine obviously. 

Aye but you could leave them to it and stop being a sandcastle kicking miserable sod [emoji38]

25 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Well this is nonsense. 

Supporting Newcastle brings more than its fair share of miseries, we all know that. This thread gives people the faintest bit of hope that things can be different. Ages ago this was the futile optimism thread, I imagine people prefer positive to futile given its meaning! Both might apply depending on who you ask 

Could be wrong but I haven't seen anyone rabidly defend any ITK account, so don't know why there's this narrative that the 'optimists' of this thread are taking everything posted as gospel. 

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. 

I use this thread to escape the reality of supporting this club and lokis posts in the 'what are you eating thread as a totem to get back to reality. Why do we have to have 10 pages of strawman arguments from the same select few posters every 2-3 days? 

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Scrappy doo coming in way too late here. It’s all died down now man, you missed it. 

They’ll be stumbling in here well after 12 tonight looking for a ruck.

Myself and manorpark will man the doors from 11, they’ll be frothing at the gash after a handsome away win tonight.

9 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Anyone still clinging onto this shit needs to fuckin well grow up get over it and get over yourself . We are shit . We are owned by Ashley . We are managed by Bruce . Reality ...

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Anyone still clinging onto this shit needs to fuckin well grow up get over it and get over yourself . We are shit . We are owned by Ashley . We are managed by Bruce . Reality ...

Tjlttkl.gif