Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

They’ll be stumbling in here well after 12 tonight looking for a ruck.

Myself and manorpark will man the doors from 11, they’ll be frothing at the gash after a handsome away win tonight.

There's no-one gettin past M E . . . Woops !!!

I just don't get other people getting irrationally angry at someone elses opinion, what does it matter to you what someone else thinks or hopes for? They're happy in this thread, leave them to it, no one needs to wade in with their size 10s stamping on any glimmer of hope they wish to hold on to.

I've always said it's on until it's off, I have no interest in an Ashley/Bruce NUFC so I'll continue to hope that there's a better option sooner or later, that doesn't make me immature, it makes the current situation not feel like I've wasted 25 years of my life supporting a club that's circling the toilet.

I am with you on this mattoon except that I think it is off until it is on. This just helps my own sanity, as years of hope have persistently been dashed. Now thinking the worst, means I am occasionally content - though the Ashley years have been very thin on this front. No hope for the forth coming seasons, until a glimmer of light appears. Until then, I am content with Chonburi FC, and their woeful exploits. 

On 30/07/2021 at 23:34, Whitley mag said:

Well worth watching the first couple of minutes just for the intro.

Project Zebra is alive and kicking.

Really can’t understand why anyone takes these serious now. Ones a dentist who thought BZG were credible due to what I can only assume is the fact the head of BZG got 2 gold fillings off him (and it all went well at Derby didn’t it) and the other guy used to be a member of a fans group and now walks around the coast wattsapping into Steve (self promotion) Wraiths show. 

On 31/07/2021 at 00:49, Mattoon said:

I just don't get other people getting irrationally angry at someone elses opinion, what does it matter to you what someone else thinks or hopes for? They're happy in this thread, leave them to it, no one needs to wade in with their size 10s stamping on any glimmer of hope they wish to hold on to.

I've always said it's on until it's off, I have no interest in an Ashley/Bruce NUFC so I'll continue to hope that there's a better option sooner or later, that doesn't make me immature, it makes the current situation not feel like I've wasted 25 years of my life supporting a club that's circling the toilet.

I just don't get why anybody thinks anybody has an opinion on the takeover. Nobody has access to the information necessary to form an opinion.

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

I just don't get why anybody thinks anybody has an opinion on the takeover. Nobody has access to the information necessary to form an opinion.

Because we (none of us) have access to the facts, we all have to form an opinion.

In the absence of absolute fact, in any aspect of life where that applies, all we have is our opinion.

That is what an opinion is . . . and if ever we get the facts then whatever opinion we hold (or 'held') will no longer matter.

On 30/07/2021 at 23:34, Whitley mag said:

Well worth watching the first couple of minutes just for the intro.

Project Zebra is alive and kicking.

My dentist says Project Zebra has been given a sugar lump and going to get a bullet to the head.

Who to believe?! …… B E L I E V E

16 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

What’s the point of this thread? There isn’t any positivity

In reality the position is no different to what it was before the CAT jurisdiction hearing was listed, in fact the hearing is much sooner than expected by people who did a bit of research on the process and weren't taken in by Keith's bullshit.

26 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

What’s the point of this thread? There isn’t any positivity

It's to allow people to hang on to anything, no matter how tenuous or ridiculous, because the alternative is to focus wholly on what the club really is and that reality is utterly miserable and saddening.

32 minutes ago, Robster said:

It's to allow people to hang on to anything, no matter how tenuous or ridiculous, because the alternative is to focus wholly on what the club really is and that reality is utterly miserable and saddening.

It's actually quite staggering the amount of people who just can't grasp the point in this thread. Are there really that many thickos in our fanbase? [emoji38]

Nowt worse than people coming in here time and time again to have a go at those who still want to believe. You wouldn’t go in the WWE thread band reply to every post that it’s fake. [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon

It’s just so weird the people getting wound up by it. 

I hate celery, might go down to the grocers demanding they shut and if they don’t, I’m just going to go in every day to tell them how stupid celery is. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Here, What’s Hoffman done? Can this lead to him being booted out the PL? 

Dunno if he himself has done anything but Monzo seem to be smack bang in the middle of a serious money laundering investigation. As chairman he’ll have been responsible for oversight of this sort of shit. Hard to see how he clings on to the role there. If he’s implicated deeper then it becomes very very interesting for him in regards to his other roles. Ya just couldn’t fucking write this shit.

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Because we (none of us) have access to the facts, we all have to form an opinion.

In the absence of absolute fact, in any aspect of life where that applies, all we have is our opinion.

That is what an opinion is . . . and if ever we get the facts then whatever opinion we hold (or 'held') will no longer matter.

You're full of shit mate, and bolding words doesn't change that.

I mean if you want to proudly admit to forming an opinion on zero facts that's fine by me.

52 minutes ago, gdm said:

Here, What’s Hoffman done? Can this lead to him being booted out the PL? 

This would add nicely to his resume.

Part of a failed takeover bid for Coventry City where they failed to pass the ODT.

And obviously his well publicised departure from Northern Rock.

Hard to see how he stays on at the PL if he is fully implicated in this. 

It is very difficult to accept how a cretin like this can play any part in this bid being blocked. I suspect if this takeover doesn’t go through, we’ll probably all look back on it with even more anger years down the line.

Edited by Whitley mag

Very easy to see how he stays on at the premiership as neither are connected. Won’t  make a jot of difference, if anything shows how dirty the PL can play to block any challenge yo the Quatar/big 6 cartel

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

It’s just so weird the people getting wound up by it. 

I hate celery, might go down to the grocers demanding they shut and if they don’t, I’m just going to go in every day to tell them how stupid celery is. 

It seems a bit weird we need a thread specifically for people to self-sooth and we can’t just discuss the matter at hand but that’s just me.