Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

On 01/08/2021 at 15:19, manorpark said:

Why can't you understand what I have said?

Why do you also have to then become abusive?

Such odd behaviour, I do hope you are not like that in the real world.

I didn't get abusive, I even refereed to you as mate. I was just offering my opinion, based on the facts.

And of course you're allowed an opinion you fucking drama queen. All I stated is that an opinion without facts isn't a very objective opinion and as such should be ignored.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Yes, I know, and it has not been easy for any of us.

But I don't intend to waste that 18 months of my precious life, I will happily wait until "hell freezes over" until we win, because (you know) we WILL win, All of us NUFC supporters will win.

8d245fac34ea1bfc9b7d624b4083acef.jpg

If only we could ever get to the stage where valid arguments can be put forward. 

It would be interesting to know if the PL are aware of who is behind these Delaware companies and subjected them to ODT.

PIF seem determined to come through the front door, but can’t help but feel there is a solution to be found with a separate entity that would get round this separation farce.

How fuckin shit is Ashley's legal team, couple that with Staveley the deal maker and it seems like a right bunch of muppets no wonder the Saudis and Reubens are keeping quiet.

27 minutes ago, Ben said:

How fuckin shit is Ashley's legal team, couple that with Staveley the deal maker and it seems like a right bunch of muppets no wonder the Saudis and Reubens are keeping quiet.

You’re talking shit there mind. Ashley’s legal team are recognised as amongst the very top QCs in their field. They cannot force timescales or judgements, that’s in the hands of the presiding judges/chair

Edited by et tu brute

When has a takeover ever taken this long, so many clubs are owned by shady people that bought them through shell companies, why didn't the legal team do the same, this should have all been sorted before a bid was made.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

When has a takeover ever taken this long, so many clubs are owned by shady people that bought them through shell companies, why didn't the legal team do the same, this should have all been sorted before a bid was made.

You mentioned Ashley’s legal team, they have fuck all to do with the buying side.

8 hours ago, Ben said:

Cant be part of the dick swinging contest if you're forced to wear underpants.

Saudis wanted this for sports washing etc. so made little sense to come in under an anonymous company.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Saudis wanted this for sports washing etc. so made little sense to come in under an anonymous company.

This is what keeps me in the positivity camp as I think theyll stick around until the CAT/arbitration concludes. 
Can see them being rather emotional now with this investment so they won’t be too caught up on potential margins. They have seen how much our fans want them to buy the club and if they are able to acquire it there would likely be less media focus on the human rights/sports washing issue, but rather the Premier League/top 6 attempts of keeping the status quoe. 

FWIW my hope is now solely fuelled by anger so I’d rather want this to happen to expose the PL/top 6 than the possibility to enjoy watching an ambitious NUFC. Comparing Burnleys and our recent takeover attempts highlights everything we suspect that’s wrong with the sport and its laughable that they are “protecting” us when every single fucker knows that we would prosper, whilst giving Burnley the green light to getting 90(?)m more debt..

1 hour ago, BergenMagpie said:

This is what keeps me in the positivity camp as I think theyll stick around until the CAT/arbitration concludes. 
Can see them being rather emotional now with this investment so they won’t be too caught up on potential margins. They have seen how much our fans want them to buy the club and if they are able to acquire it there would likely be less media focus on the human rights/sports washing issue, but rather the Premier League/top 6 attempts of keeping the status quoe. 

FWIW my hope is now solely fuelled by anger so I’d rather want this to happen to expose the PL/top 6 than the possibility to enjoy watching an ambitious NUFC. Comparing Burnleys and our recent takeover attempts highlights everything we suspect that’s wrong with the sport and its laughable that they are “protecting” us when every single fucker knows that we would prosper, whilst giving Burnley the green light to getting 90(?)m more debt..

Agree. Don't see the Saudis walking away, if they can't buy NUFC, they can't buy any other PL club either. The timescale will be irritating but this is part of a bigger project so they'll be prepared to wait. 

But whether the courts will be prepared to force the PL's hand is another matter. That's the real sticking point and always was. 

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree. Don't see the Saudis walking away, if they can't buy NUFC, they can't buy any other PL club either. The timescale will be irritating but this is part of a bigger project so they'll be prepared to wait. 

But whether the courts will be prepared to force the PL's hand is another matter. That's the real sticking point and always was. 

Tend to agree, I don't think the Saudis even have to "wait" they'll just continue to invest in other ventures and leave the prospect of us open, it's not like they're stood at the side kicking their heels and getting frustrated. 

Like you say, if they can't buy us then they can't buy any other PL club and no other league offers the same potential windfall as a PL club can.

6 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

All the PL has to say is that there is ongoing litigation and are unable to comment at this time.

The ombudsman is asking about making it public not the case itself, so they can’t use that as a reply to them.

Some people thought this TV deal might've been used as leverage for the takeover, but it's been approved anyway. An exclusion under the Competition Act 1998 which rolls over the existing TV deals as is 

(The Premier League would normally have re-tendered its domestic broadcast rights in early 2021 at the mid-point of the current three-year cycle and would have concluded sales by now. Instead, owing to the impact of Covid-19, you have requested that the Government make an Exclusion Order allowing it to renew its current domestic broadcast agreements for an additional three-year period starting 2022-23 without conducting the normal tender process. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/premier-league-broadcast-rights-potential-exclusion-order/letter-to-richard-masters-premier-league-12-may-2021)

4 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I guess in the positive optimism thread this is a clear sign that government pressure has forced the EPL to sign off the takeover.

I think you may well be the only person who thinks that!!