Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Too young to remember the Harry Palmer days like, but “Harry’s Geordie Medley” is on Spotify and I love it. :lol:

A Palmer medley before every home game should be brought back. Though I’m not sure how ‘slap your lass with the Christmas tree’ would go down in these PC times.

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

A Palmer medley before every home game should be brought back. Though I’m not sure how ‘slap your lass with the Christmas tree’ would go down in these PC times.

Or whipping Patsy Kensit till she bleeds (yeaha).

Me and a mate were his backing chorus for the double deckers theme in Peterborough a long long time a go.

3 hours ago, deejeck said:

I'm lucky enough to have a copy of his album, 091. It's fantastic. 

In other news, I see Nick the Baker has started cutting three bits off his freshly baked bread. PIF are dropping their share to 70%, it's on again :celb::indi:

I'll be happy to never read another Nick de Marco tweet.

29 minutes ago, Robster said:

I'll be happy to never read another Nick de Marco tweet.

I'll be happy to never read another ludicrously contrived Interpretation of a Nick de Marco tweet

Does anybody have that 'We Like Patsy Kensit'Euro92 documentary while were on it?

Somewhere I've got Harry Palmer on what became Soccer Saturday, didn't look like he enjoyed the attention but was actually a lot more serious than that show would soon become

Wouldn’t stoke my fire and with Scudamore involved I’d think this whole thing is more corrupt than ever.

To be honest I thought Redball had bought a stake in Fenway but apparently not.

If Ashley is negotiating with PL at present it’s either to push PIF through or there is a new bidder.

46 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Wouldn’t stoke my fire and with Scudamore involved I’d think this whole thing is more corrupt than ever.

To be honest I thought Redball had bought a stake in Fenway but apparently not.

If Ashley is negotiating with PL at present it’s either to push PIF through or there is a new bidder.

Ah this guy who had them all meeting up.... 

On 14/08/2021 at 10:01, Whitley mag said:

Was he not admitted to the asylum at one point due to all the fame ?

I’d be fully on board for a follow up album.

He slipped on a pie in the Gallowgate and got a really bad brain injury.

Quite sad really. He’s unrecognisable nowadays. I do wonder if he’d still be able to do it for a one off. 

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

For those of us still in the positive camp, every crumb n all that.

Its tripe like this that keeps people hooked on this nonesense. 'Day is coming' 'Cant report'. Well, yes you can report on active proceedings, thats fucking nonesense. This takeover seems to be further away than ever, yet our day is coming? Fuck off Pete. 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Its tripe like this that keeps people hooked on this nonesense. 'Day is coming' 'Cant report'. Well, yes you can report on active proceedings, thats fucking nonesense. This takeover seems to be further away than ever, yet our day is coming? Fuck off Pete. 

It is not long until September, so it is getting closer, not further away!

20 minutes ago, manorpark said:

It is not long until September, so it is getting closer, not further away!

Whatevers happening in September, I'm not even actually sure at this point; will be another false dawn, another set back.

Edit: It's not the actual CAT case is it? It's just a hearing to see whether or not the CAT case goes any further?

Miles and miles away man. Pete Graves can go fuck himself. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

It’s not like Sky Sports reporters to tow the club’s line. How unusual.

39 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Whatevers happening in September, I'm not even actually sure at this point; will be another false dawn, another set back.

Edit: It's not the actual CAT case is it? It's just a hearing to see whether or not the CAT case goes any further?

Miles and miles away man. Pete Graves can go fuck himself. 

I think what happens at the end of September is that it's decided whether the CAT case has the jurisdiction to decide whether the PL has blocked the takeover unfairly purely due to breaking anti-competition law, or else that it's not in their domain to judge it.

If they do have that power, then this becomes an external process that the PL can't control, and that's quite a big thing and not just for us, but for others too.

I guess that's why people hope the PL might fold at that point. But who knows, really. It's not my area of knowledge.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Takeover baton passed from keef to peet.  Any port in a storm I guess.  

can’t believe this is still being mumbled about , not a chance this now , never. 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

can’t believe this is still being mumbled about , not a chance this now , never. 

Nothing has changed we await the legal cases. Might not go our way or it might go our way. Nobody has a clue what is happening or how it will end.