Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

21 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It really isn’t hard to grasp. If the fellas were posting the tweets in the main takeover thread you and a few others would be bitching and moaning in there about it, so why then come into a thread that you know will piss you off to just to moan about it’s existence?  It’s all just light hearted nonsense in here. This was set up by Jinky because the main takeover thread was getting quite heavy at times (good to discuss too) but this was a step away from the political side and more just a way to dream a little, post people’s nonsense without worrying about anything and just dreaming a little. It doesn’t matter if it is shite tweets or not, it was basically just somewhere a little more light hearted. If you don’t like it, don’t get your knickers in a twist by coming in, it’s really that simple. What’s the point of coming in just to say the thread is pointless? If this thread wasn’t here, then all the tweets posted in here would be going in the main thread. If you hate it so much then be grateful that there is a separate thread so you don’t have to read it. Some fucking people man, thick as whales spunk.

There's already a "Made up twitter bollocks" type thread on here though, why the need for this second version of the same thing?

No offence to him personally, but this thread is basically this Whitley character posting Keith's twitter feed, and then abuse of anyone who questions it. If thats what you want to read, read it on twitter or the twitter thread. Calling people cunts ffs, whilst others bang on blindly about forum rules. Pretty sure on most other football forums that would equally break the rules, but there you go. 

When was the last time anyone at all actually posted around the actual thread title and the "Positive Optimism" it was supposedly set up to promote? 

The "two threads" thing has made the situation on here worse without a doubt, and that's mostly down to those unable to discuss a point without resorting to name calling like that above. That's why they feel the need to have their "own" thread. 

Edited by Joey Linton

11 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

We really don't need two threads on the takeover imo, positive and negative discussion can happen in the same thread.

It's a bit childish.

It’s mental is what it is.

I’m generally quite positive about the takeover happening eventually, but I think Keith is a massive self publicising bullshitter. In which thread do I belong? Or do I have to split my time equally between the two threads?

If you can’t handle reading opinions that might not exactly align with your own the internet might not be for you.

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s why I stopped I’m not here to piss anyone off but I still think it’s pretty pathetic 

Which is all fine and well if you think that way. But what do you get out of coming in to just post that though? I don’t fully understand going into a thread just to say it’s pointless, it makes on sense to me. It doesn’t really offer anything and yes, it might seem pointless to you but to other people it’s not. Should everyone just jack it in because you think it’s pathetic? Just let it be man, it’s serving a purpose to some folk and doing you no harm at all, especially if you don’t look at it. I’m sure if the takeover goes through we can sack all these threads off and all look onwards  and upwards. Until then, just let people do their thing.

12 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

There's already a "Made up twitter bollocks" type thread on here though, why the need for this second version of the same thing?

No offence to him personally, but this thread is basically this Whitley character posting Keith's twitter feed, and then abuse of anyone who questions it. If thats what you want to read, read it on twitter or the twitter thread. Calling people cunts ffs, whilst others bang on blindly about forum rules. Pretty sure on most other football forums that would equally break the rules, but there you go. 

When was the last time anyone at all actually posted around the actual thread title and the "Positive Optimism" it was supposedly set up to promote? 

The "two threads" thing has made the situation on here worse without a doubt, and that's mostly down to those unable to discuss a point without resorting to name calling like that above. That's why they feel the need to have their "own" thread. 

If we discuss the takeover craic in the ‘made up bollocks’ thread will you still drop in every 5 posts to tell us we’re wrong?

12 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

If we discuss the takeover craic in the ‘made up bollocks’ thread will you still drop in every 5 posts to tell us we’re wrong?

No, I'd let you crack on with it - i don't bother with the made up twitter thread and would continue not to. Maybe that is the solution, seeing as you seem to agree. 

And you're misrepresenting how much i post on here, but that's fine. Kind of proves my point about the attitude on this thread in fact. 

Edited by Joey Linton

9 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Which is all fine and well if you think that way. But what do you get out of coming in to just post that though? I don’t fully understand going into a thread just to say it’s pointless, it makes on sense to me. It doesn’t really offer anything and yes, it might seem pointless to you but to other people it’s not. Should everyone just jack it in because you think it’s pathetic? Just let it be man, it’s serving a purpose to some folk and doing you no harm at all, especially if you don’t look at it. I’m sure if the takeover goes through we can sack all these threads off and all look onwards  and upwards. Until then, just let people do their thing.

I’d just read posts & posts of people telling others where they can and can’t post so thought I’d comment and then you tell me what/where I can and can’t post making my point really 

8 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

No, I'd let you crack on with it - i don't bother with the made up twitter thread and would continue not to. Maybe that is the solution, seeing as you seem to agree. 

And you're misrepresenting how much i post on here, but that's fine. Kind of proves my point about the attitude on this thread in fact. 

You’d let us crack on with it ? Very generous 😂

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

You’d let us crack on with it ? Very generous 😂

I was asked the question. I answered it. 

If you're on board with this too, maybe we have a solution. 

Edited by Joey Linton

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d just read posts & posts of people telling others where they can and can’t post so thought I’d comment and then you tell me what/where I can and can’t post making my point really 

I didn’t say you can’t post, I asked what you get out of coming into a thread to just say it’s pointless and pathetic. What does it offer? I see you have just posted in the betting thread. I am not a gambler, do I go into that thread to say how pathetic it is or do I just not bother going into the thread as it has no interest to me? I just avoid threads that I see as pointless, it’s really that simple.

I was all for this thread when it was about plane and helicopter watching or people coming up with mental but half plausible theories about what’s been going on.

Is this forum to turn into a safe space for mentalists? Why not have a “plandemic” thread to go alongside the Covid one?

Its not negative if it’s true. The same as it’s not positive if it’s lies. I’m not personally attacking anyone, I think you’re all a great bunch of lads, but someone has to bring a bit of realism into this whole topic.

Yes I think the takeover will eventually happen but please don’t follow those charlatans, it’s akin to Tommy Robinson knowing his audience.

Don’t give him the attention and he’ll stop lying about what he doesn’t know.

15 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It’s not twitter bollocks though is it ? If Mehdrad or De Marco tweet they’re 2 key figures in the takeover. If Keith tweets it’s someone who has an ongoing legal case with the PL and is regularly in touch with club. 

I still don’t even know why you come in here, you’ve made it clear you believe there’s no takeover.

If I felt that way I wouldn’t waste my fucking time. As previous poster stated, I also don’t go on betting thread because it has no interest to me whatsoever. But I don’t go in there and tell everyone its a fucking mugs game. 

Edited by Whitley mag

16 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Maybe you just don't come in this thread then. Telling people where ti post. What a bellend 

15 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I didn’t say you can’t post, I asked what you get out of coming into a thread to just say it’s pointless and pathetic. What does it offer? I see you have just posted in the betting thread. I am not a gambler, do I go into that thread to say how pathetic it is or do I just not bother going into the thread as it has no interest to me? I just avoid threads that I see as pointless, it’s really that simple.

You make fair points but I’m not saying posting positive takes on the takeover is pointless I’m saying having 2 takeover threads is pointless. It’s a highly emotive topic to us all so people are gonna reply & discuss no matter what thread it’s in 

12 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Its not negative if it’s true. The same as it’s not positive if it’s lies

This. You can post positive stuff but if it’s essentially lies or bullshit it’s the opposite of positive 

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s not twitter bollocks though is it ? If Mehdrad or De Marco tweet they’re 2 key figures in the takeover. If Keith tweets it’s someone who has an ongoing legal case with the PL and is regularly in touch with club. 

I still don’t even know why you come in here, you’ve made it clear you believe there’s no takeover.

If I felt that way I wouldn’t waste my fucking time. As previous poster stated, I also don’t go on betting thread because it has no interest to me whatsoever. But I don’t go in there and tell everyone its a fucking mugs game. 

What has de Marco tweeted about the takeover recently? And i didn't mention him, did i? What i mentioned was your live streaming of Keith's feed. 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

What I was trying to say politely was stop moaning like a fuckin kid. Whaaa whaaa it’s so u fair. Someone posted something negative. Grow up ffs

He said, moaning like a fucking kid. Whaa whaa someone said something positive and I'm not allowed to tell them but I can't help myself cos I need to grow up FFS :lol:

And Joey Linton liked your post which means you're definitely wrong 

Just now, Hhtoon said:

He said, moaning like a fucking kid. Whaa whaa someone said something positive and I'm not allowed to tell them but I can't help myself cos I need to grow up FFS :lol:

And Joey Linton liked your post which means you're definitely wrong 

I’m 100% for positive posts but if it’s essentially lies and made up it serves the opposite purpose. I haven’t actually said anything about people posting positive posts I’ve said there should’ve be two threads and people should’ve be dictating what & where other people post.

Thanks for completely misunderstanding tho 

Guest reefatoon

Right, let’s nip this all in the bud now. We don’t need to turn this all into a daft pointless argument. If @Whitley mag wants to post tweets from Keith in here that’s all fine and good, if people want to come in to say it’s pointless then that’s all well and good too. I’ve been to blame too for this morning, but let’s not drag on page after page of the same old arguments. 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m 100% for positive posts but if it’s essentially lies and made up it serves the opposite purpose. I haven’t actually said anything about people posting positive posts I’ve said there should’ve be two threads and people should’ve be dictating what & where other people post.

Thanks for completely misunderstanding 

But it's only the "realists" who've been mostly wrong about whether the takeover was on or off who get to decide what's a lie and what's not? 

Righto.

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

But it's only the "realists" who've been mostly wrong about whether the takeover was on or off who get to decide what's a lie and what's not? 

Righto.

This is why there has to be discussion and not all this whinging about people disagreeing because the people disagreeing aren’t being positive