Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

17 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

Yes….its from this forum

https://not606.com/threads/takeover-covid-19-20.383026/page-2230

Quite amusing

Well...that was a trip. I'm not sure that forum isn't just a load of bots chucking random words at each other. 

I mean, every post is either an intricate and well established in joke or it's just nonsense. How do they even follow the conversation? 

You know those random cut aways in Family Guy that make no sense in an attempt to be zany? That's what it felt like to read. 

So grateful for here. 

13 minutes ago, Stal said:

Well...that was a trip. I'm not sure that forum isn't just a load of bots chucking random words at each other. 

I mean, every post is either an intricate and well established in joke or it's just nonsense. How do they even follow the conversation? 

You know those random cut aways in Family Guy that make no sense in an attempt to be zany? That's what it felt like to read. 

So grateful for here. 

Roy MunsonWell-Known Member

Aug 4, 2019

You might be right.

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Did he just make that up like (i know he's a bullshitter).

He said he has been told 'off the record' by

A well known local journalist (Caulkin?) with connections to the consortium that it definitely starts tomorrow. Nee idea if he does have sources or is talking out his ring piece :lol:

Imagine..tomorrow..suddenly..breaking news..out of the blue..Newcastle United have been sold to PIF. Deal was kept highly confidential. Only announced now after everything has been signed and sealed and now delivered.

That's how I want it to happen honestly. Like..BOOOOOOOOMMMMM..hits you in the face. No one had a clue like past events in this saga too. No one knows except those to the deal.

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Imagine..tomorrow..suddenly..breaking news..out of the blue..Newcastle United have been sold to PIF. Deal was kept highly confidential. Only announced now after everything has been signed and sealed and now delivered.

That's how I want it to happen honestly. Like..BOOOOOOOOMMMMM..hits you in the face. No one had a clue like past events in this saga too. No one knows except those to the deal.

Going by previous takeovers that come out of nowhere, they usually sack the manager earlier in the day or immediately before hand, so we could easily get a little warning.

I think the 28th for the start of arbitration came from Sheikh_of_Araby on not606 originally, my feeling is that his first post saying he'd heard that the PL's jurisdiction challenge had been dismissed was genuine (not necessarily correct, but I think he'd genuinely been told that by someone) but everything he's said since then has just been to show up twitter ITKs / cover his tracks after he saw how far that spread.

Edited by Jackie Broon

3 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

He said he has been told 'off the record' by

A well known local journalist (Caulkin?) with connections to the consortium that it definitely starts tomorrow. Nee idea if he does have sources or is talking out his ring piece :lol:

Everything he says is made up. He's not a full shilling. He's a fantasist. The amount of people who still hang onto his every word is staggering.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Everything he says is made up. He's not a full shilling. He's a fantasist. The amount of people who still hang onto his every word is staggering.

A little piece of me died inside when I realised that the very people asking burnsie and the 4 amigos for "the latest news" on a complicated legal process they know nothing about are the same people that get a say in who runs the country every 4/5 years or so.

11 minutes ago, thomas said:

Sail on silver girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine

"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

If he tweeted it was 19:38, I’d have to check the time to be sure.

He’s an absolute weapon. Started off asking if anyone had any info over the takeover. Every bullshitter DM’d him with their lies and he spouted them off as the truth and said they were all legit sources.

Keith has taken swipes at him after he claimed Keith said something to him in DM about it happening soon and Keith said that he had said no such thing.

In one of his accounts he lasted Keith, on another he backs him up and kicks his hoop, hoping Keith won’t realise he’s the same guy and give him some info.

18 minutes ago, Jacob Ayre said:

Is this takeover court case starting tommorow ?

No one knows but everyone suspects it is, and as such everyone says it is.

Edited by Stifler

"Application will involve detailed submissions and supporting evidence that the Defendant is preparing alongside current procedural deadlines in arbitration proceedings with Newcastle United Football Club, which are said to cover materially identical issues to those raised in the Claim and which are being heard on an expedited basis in July 2021."

Is the only thing we know about certain timeframes. https://www.catribunal.org.uk/sites/default/files/2021-05/1402_StJames_Reasoned_Order__130521_1.pdf

Think the first step we have to just wait is for the CAT website to show an update with either a confirmation date for the full CAT case to start, or the dreaded update that the Premier League objection has been agreed by the judge and the CAT case has been dismissed. 

fingers crossed it will be this week. Massive decision as the judge dismissing the Premier League objection, at least suggests that Ashley’s legal team do have sufficient evidence/documentation for the judge to decide that the full CAT case should be held. Whilst, agreement with the Premier League objection and the case being thrown out, unfortunately probably suggests the evidence presented is maybe a bit of a damp squib. Hopefully Ashley’s legal team have very strong evidence showing anti-competition and incriminating evidence against the Premier League/outside parties.

Ashley’s legal team may win the arbitration or they may not. Just think it’s important that big pressure is maintained from all legal sides. The CAT case getting the full go ahead, will keep the pressure on. As I said above, we have got to the hope (pray) that the evidence of the anti competition and incriminating involvement by the Premier League/outside parties is dynamite. It maybe then open up the doors to possible deals being agreed behind closed doors. The Premier League seem to be happy for arbitration to proceed and their media friends have been banging their confidence drum all the way since arbitration was announced. However it’s been the total opposite with the CAT case, with the Premier League objection and their media buddies being very quiet.

it’s going to be a critical couple of months that’s for sure. Probably imho the most important in the history of the club. The two scenarios for the future of the club depending on the decision given is unreal really.

Edited by et tu brute