Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The Newcastle statement suggests it was to be fair.

Mehrdad Ghodoussi’s tweet says to me he thinks the premier league are twisting again though.

Fuck knows. Im washing my hands of the thing now. Once again we’ve been treated like shit and we’ll do absolutely nothing about it.

3 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Mehrdad Ghodoussi’s tweet says to me he thinks the premier league are twisting again though.

Fuck knows. Im washing my hands of the thing now. Once again we’ve been treated like shit and we’ll do absolutely nothing about it.

Exactly, nothing of any substance, nothing to say one way or another, just different people's opinions on how they read the statement.

We all know that the club will have tried and failed to pull a fast one. Keegan/Jonas was enough warning that there’d  be  an element of chancing their arm again. 

Not watching it but I’ll take a punt that they are overwhelmingly positive yet don’t address staveley’s husbands negative tweet

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Not watching it but I’ll take a punt that they are overwhelmingly positive yet don’t address staveley’s husbands negative tweet

Correct. They’ve not even mentioned it. Just fluffed up CAT case a bit more to tee up their own sense of self importance. Apparently the fall out will see Masters and Hoffman’s position with the league become untenable😂

Never heard so much shit in all my life.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

He's clearly playing along too. De Marco has planned it all from the start.

So, early predictions were that the PL would settle out of court. Everyone still in on that one? Should find out in the next 4 weeks I guess.

5 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Correct. They’ve not even mentioned it. Just fluffed up CAT case a bit more to tee up their own sense of self importance. Apparently the fall out will see Masters and Hoffman’s position with the league become untenable😂

Never heard so much shit in all my life.

And they'll be proven to be bullshitters yet again in the next few weeks when the CAT jurisdiction hearing is listed and we find out that it is months and months away.

Wraith etc are a bunch of creepy cunts looking for traction , DO NOT GIVE THEM IT.

I listened to him on TS and feel he got rinsed 

5 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Who is this Sean Casey. Is he anyone we can trust or just another bullshitter

I wouldn't trust a word he says, seems to be well in with ET's boyfriend.

These guys have done nothing but promote their own profile during this whole takeover ordeal. They're twats. I really detest Wraith having anything to do with our club.

Since this is the optimism thread...

If you were the PL, would you rather sort this out behind closed doors, ignoring calls for transparency, in a process where you get to choose the deciding judge, which your opponent has already tried and failed to remove.

Or in an open competition claim, which you have already tried to throw out on the grounds that you'd much rather do it your own way.

It's all I've got. [emoji38]

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that NUFC did in fact try to get the case adjourned because they fancied their chances in the CAT case more, or indeed wanted to get certain info in the public domain ahead of it.

My take is that the Saudis would have walked if that news had come out of the blue yesterday. Also, knowing what a big man-baby Ashley is, why haven't we seen a toys out of the pram statement from him that usually follows him not getting his own way?

There's more to this than meets the eye in my opinion.

Edited by UncleBingo

8 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

On the plus side it gives Di Marco more time to perfect his bread making skills and paint some more pictures. Every cloud and all that.

It’s not all bad news. I’ve heard he’s got access to 50 free shop soiled Chocolate Oranges from Rawlinsons too. 

21 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that NUFC did in fact try to get the case adjourned because they fancied their chances in the CAT case more, or indeed wanted to get certain info in the public domain ahead of it.

My take is that the Saudis would have walked if that news had come out of the blue yesterday. Also, knowing what a big man-baby Ashley is, why haven't we seen a toys out of the pram statement from him that usually follows him not getting his own way?

There's more to this than meets the eye in my opinion.

Also, why was Ashley present if it was known a delay was coming. I can only think there was a decision to be made on the day or it was a show of strength.