Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

44 minutes ago, gdm said:

Playing devils advocate that’s absolutely guess work until there is proof. 
we couldn’t even get arbitration off the ground coz by all accounts KSA didn’t send the required info 

You said about guesswork until proof in your first sentence and then follow it up with guesswork in your second sentence. Nobody has a clue about what has and is happening unless they’re directly involved. Wish people would just wait for official statements or verified information. All over here and social media you’re seeing everyone guessing on what’s going on, when nothing has been officially released. You cannot say if KSA did or did not send (and it’s the same with some the NE media pundits that the required information was not submitted that’s purely conjecture and guesswork. It’s a bit rich having a go in your first sentence about guesswork and then follow it up with your own guesswork. You’re not the only one either mind.

4 hours ago, et tu brute said:

You said about guesswork until proof in your first sentence and then follow it up with guesswork in your second sentence. Nobody has a clue about what has and is happening unless they’re directly involved. Wish people would just wait for official statements or verified information. All over here and social media you’re seeing everyone guessing on what’s going on, when nothing has been officially released. You cannot say if KSA did or did not send (and it’s the same with some the NE media pundits that the required information was not submitted that’s purely conjecture and guesswork. It’s a bit rich having a go in your first sentence about guesswork and then follow it up with your own guesswork. You’re not the only one either mind.

Listen I was just playing devils advocate there and suggesting it might not all be down to the Premier League and the big 6. personally I believe right now that it down to the PL but things just aren’t adding up 

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

If ever a man needed his phone hacked it’s this cunt.

No mention of the part played by Man City's owners in all that.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

No mention of the part played by Man City's owners in all that.

To be fair the U.A.E is mentioned, but yes Slater’s pro PL position is clear for all to see.

It’s noticeable that all the leaks re arbitration have come from him, Edwards and Jacobs with their own spin on it.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

To be fair the U.A.E is mentioned, but yes Slater’s pro PL position is clear for all to see.

It’s noticeable that all the leaks re arbitration have come from him, Edwards and Jacobs with their own spin on it.

It's fairly obvious Liverpool and Spurs had major objections to the takeover and I imagine Arsenal and Man U were also very much against it but Man City seem very quiet in all this, there were daft rumours yesterday that they have provided some info to our CAT case about Masters and Hoffman dodgy deals, but they seem to be hiding behind the curtain at this point.

40 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

We simply need to just get relegated, and Ashley should agree a fee regardless of relegation, where they can purchase the club under EFL rules and just get this horror show over with.

Maybe PIF don't want a club playing in the championship though. Maybe the EFL rules will soon be closer to the PL rules soon too.

It's like people saying that they should just buy the club and call the PL's bluff, see if they throw us out. Why on earth would they risk it?

1 minute ago, Pons Alias said:

Because the PL wouldn't dare throw a club out because of who their owners are.

The precedent, the impact on other teams and the legal process would tie them up for years.

Amazing they haven't just done it then. Just like it's amazing the Rueben's haven't just bought us on their own.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Amazing they haven't just done it then. Just like it's amazing the Rueben's haven't just bought us on their own.

Its probably because PIF are (were) going to stump up mega millions to invest in the NE region and the Reubens are (were) going to get all the building contracts.  That's the only reason I can see why they are wanting a 10% stake in us!

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Maybe PIF don't want a club playing in the championship though. Maybe the EFL rules will soon be closer to the PL rules soon too.

It's like people saying that they should just buy the club and call the PL's bluff, see if they throw us out. Why on earth would they risk it?

The ODT in the champo would be a doddle,  we've been there on two occasions and won it with literally no issues. Ashley could do what he always does and risk, he loves risk. But the likely hood is, we would lose someone like ASM as his fee would bankroll our promotion. I would stick my neck out and say Wilson would hang around, and a few others,  so it's possible we could go down, sell up, and return at the first hurdle with fresh ownership, I'm sure theres fuck all the PL can do that way, not sure if that's how both Sheffield Utd and Villa handled there takeovers?

Edited by mighty__mag

14 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

The ODT in the champo would be a doddle,  we've been there on two occasions and won it with literally no issues. Ashley could do what he always does and risk, he loves risk. But the likely hood is, we would lose someone like ASM as his fee would bankroll our promotion. I would stick my neck out and say Wilson would hang around, and a few others,  so it's possible we could go down, sell up, and return at the first hurdle with fresh ownership, I'm sure theres fuck all the PL can do that way, not sure if that's how both Sheffield Utd and Villa handled there takeovers?

From what I've seen, PL rules are written in a way in which they can basically decide yes or no based on their own criteria. It's them making the final decision at the end of the day, so if we went about it in a backhanded manner, I'm sure they could find some interpretation of their own rules which would allow them to reject the bid. It would just get everyone's backs up with no guarantee of success. 

22 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I would have no doubt that the Football League, if they havent already, are changing their rules in readiness for us going down. They can see we have Steve Bruce as manager so it's more than a possibility.
We'd hit just as many hurdles in my opinon.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

From what I've seen, PL rules are written in a way in which they can basically decide yes or no based on their own criteria. It's them making the final decision at the end of the day, so if we went about it in a backhanded manner, I'm sure they could find some interpretation of their own rules which would allow them to reject the bid. It would just get everyone's backs up with no guarantee of success. 

It's nothing to do with the PL if a takeover happens in the lower leagues.  And for the EFL changing rules to support the Prem, that's cutting your nose of to spite your face. Would be thick of them after the big 6 shenanigans and breakaway league. It's not like the big 6 have signed deals to say they won't consider trying it again? Real/Juve/Barca etc are still very keen, and with Barca in Financial shit, it can only be a matter of time before these elite wankers have another stab. So in my opinion the EFL would be idiots to support the shit PL methods. Stick with their own rules.