Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

8 hours ago, Abacus said:

Flip's sake, you got me there.

Apologies, but ever since I had an unfortunate accident with a box of rice Krispies, many years ago now, I have lived in Novosibirsk Standard Time, regardless of my actual location.

Edited by jonbobson

4 minutes ago, jonbobson said:

Apologies, buy ever since I had an unfortunate accident with a box of rice Krispies, many years ago now, I have lived in Novosibirsk Standard Time, regardless of my actual location.

Whilst that hasn't really helped explanation wise, I do appreciate the effort and enthusiasm behind it.

Rice Krispies also do have a lot to answer for, in general, but I expect that's for another day.

3 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Apparently there will be arbitration to decide if Staveley is or isn't married. 

Tune in to nufc matters and follow mouth of the tyne to find out the results. 

More information to come tomorrow on talksport. 

Turns out the PL retrospectively blocked the wedding as the Spurs chairman fancies a crack.

This Man City FFP case is a bit dodgy, half way through the case the Premier league agreed to change their rules and allow confidentiality so they didn't have to release certain documents.

Just a general point of order but previously naysayers have either said that Mehrdad is a fake Twitter account or if real then he’s detached from the process and doesn’t know anything.

But now he posted something negative, that’s it, done?

it can’t be both though!

Man, that athletic piece makes for depressing reading. It’s pretty balanced and well thought out too. Essentially saying this CAT case ain’t starting anytime soon and that the CAT tribunal has never really handled a sporting case like this before so the premier league will have good grounds to get it chucked out/delayed. Also mentions that PIF would only come back to the table is there is a clear path for them - something that is very very unlikely to transpire from arbitration or CAT. In short - it’s not dead yet but we are in the final stages of attempted resuscitation with it. 

Fuck sake.

12 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Man, that athletic piece makes for depressing reading. It’s pretty balanced and well thought out too. Essentially saying this CAT case ain’t starting anytime soon and that the CAT tribunal has never really handled a sporting case like this before so the premier league will have good grounds to get it chucked out/delayed. Also mentions that PIF would only come back to the table is there is a clear path for them - something that is very very unlikely to transpire from arbitration or CAT. In short - it’s not dead yet but we are in the final stages of attempted resuscitation with it. 

Fuck sake.

uzMBjEV.jpgRv0JR5z.jpg

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Wasn't it Vince who warned Austin and said D.T.A to him?

Don't think so. It was about 1997 ish but my memory says Austin said it first. 

I see. I got mixed up with who said it first but i remember Vince telling him too not to trust anybody. Good times it was.

Edit: Actually now , I remember what I was referring to when I said Vince said it.He said D.T.A- Dont trust Austin to The Rock when Austin was to supposed to be in Dwayne's corner vs HHH at Backlash 2000. Jeez had to dig up where I heard Vince saying it.

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

Fuck sake.

Funny how you can get 2 different opinions from the same article.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

It sounds like it's at the very same stage has been all the way through. 

KSA failing to disclose the relevent information needed to pass the test. 

Hence why the sellers and buyers being confident means absolutely nothing. This is never-ending.

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Funny how you can get 2 different opinions from the same article.

Seriously tho at what stage do we start blaming KSA for their part in all this. It’s been a shambles from the beginning