Emre was . . .

magorific

form temporary class permanent etc etc. 

By all accounts he did ok (not great, not shambolic, just .. ok)  on the left side of a midfield diamond, which, let's be honest, isn't the best place for him in that formation.  But I think it's the only way to accommodate himself, Parker and Butt while keeping two up top. 

Do you not think that that amount of people may have a point? I agree that sometimes it may be a tad OTT, but the point remains he disrupts the side in a 4-4-2.

Looked real disruptive scoring and assisting on a goal today.  It couldn't get more disruptive, tbh. 

Do you not think that that amount of people may have a point? I agree that sometimes it may be a tad OTT, but the point remains he disrupts the side in a 4-4-2.

Looked real disruptive scoring and assisting on a goal today. It couldn't get more disruptive, tbh.

Looked real disruptive scoring and assisting on a goal today.  It couldn't get more disruptive, tbh. 

Quite.

Indeed.

And yes, Jon Bobson, I was there today. Were you? I just ask because the number of times Huntington was left with the prospect of two on one due to Emre's indisciplined wandering (only the "prospect" because Spurs made generally poor use of the ball) was unacceptable.

And no, I'm not saying Emre has been crap all season. But he didn't pull up many trees until the last six weeks or so. And has Parker been crap all season (your intimation Mick, unless I am mistaken)? No.

It just amuses me that people will excuse the likes of Emre just about anything but dismiss Parker as complete shite when he merely does "ok".

I have seen complete shite in a Newcastle shirt week in week out over the last 35 years.

FFS, even KK brigade on here must remember Darron McDonough. Des Hamilton or Garry Brady ring any bells?

Guest Invicta_Toon

I would like Emre a bit more if he wasn't such a whiny little bitch

and was a bit taller, and didn't have a tash, and wasn't Turkish

Quite.

Indeed.

And yes, Jon Bobson, I was there today. Were you? I just ask because the number of times Huntington was left with the prospect of two on one due to Emre's indisciplined wandering (only the "prospect" because Spurs made generally poor use of the ball) was unacceptable.

And no, I'm not saying Emre has been crap all season. But he didn't pull up many trees until the last six weeks or so. And has Parker been crap all season your intimation (Mick, unless I am mistaken)? No.

It just amuses me that people will excuse the likes of Emre just about anything but dismiss Parker as complete shite when he merely does "ok".

I have seen complete shite in a Newcastle shirt week in week out over the last 35 years.

FFS, even KK brigade on here must remember Darron McDonough. Des Hamilton or Garry Brady ring any bells?

:roll:

Emre was great today, took the game to them every chance he got, he did how ever show he is not used to being wide and kept drifting in, leaving Hunty a tad bit exposed at times. Other than that he did his job well.

I wrote this in the newcastle=substandard thread. Strangely enough the formationa appears to ahve come true but did the 2 midfielders play as i expected they would?(i didn't see the game)

how about this idea....... playing Emre on the left doing the job that zog was so good at last season, which was running into space and cutting inside often to create space and pick out players in and around the box. Then play Butt DM and Parker in a more attacking position allowing him to run about and win the ball aswell getting forward like he did for Charlton?