Euro 96

Paully

Went to the opening game , the ones at the toon. and also the quarter v Spain. good memories

Yeah I did the three up here! Shame Spain never played at SJP! Still saw some legends mind - Stoichkov, Hagi, Zidane!

Looking at the attendances and surprised there was only 19,000 for Romania v Bulgaria at SJP.

I know they aren't huge nations but chance to see Stoichkov and Hagi in an international tournament thought there would have been more

What a game that was when we smashed Netherlands!

Watched the full 90 of this last year. We really weren't anything special that game  :lol: Gascoigne aside Netherlands were much better footballers.

We weren't special all tournament. Poor against Switzerland, Uri Geller bailed us out against Scotland, that Holland game was decent, we were lucky against Spain before finally losing.

Looking at the attendances and surprised there was only 19,000 for Romania v Bulgaria at SJP.

I know they aren't huge nations but chance to see Stoichkov and Hagi in an international tournament thought there would have been more

Tickets were very expensive at the time!

What a game that was when we smashed Netherlands!

Watched the full 90 of this last year. We really weren't anything special that game  :lol: Gascoigne aside Netherlands were much better footballers.

We weren't special all tournament. Poor against Switzerland, Uri Geller bailed us out against Scotland, that Holland game was decent, we were lucky against Spain before finally losing.

Exactly. Holland and possibly Germany performance aside we were poor.

Tickets were expensive, there were very few Bulgaria/Romania fans  over here, lots of tickets were bought (and not used, the attendance was actually the numbers through the turnstiles, not tickets sold as per now) by French and Spanish fans as there was a loyalty scheme for the next stage.

Remember showing my makem mate round the newish Gallowgate end and he was open mouthed at the change in the place, the last time he'd been in there was an 80's Simod Cup game against Derby, with an attendance of about 7000.

England were fantastic against Holland and good against Germany but were poor in every other game, wonder if it challenges the established narrative. Most games were not good.

Denmark - Portugal, Denmark - Croatia, England - Holland, England - Germany, Italy - Germany (for quality) - the rest were average or awful.

Every game at SJP was dull.

Tickets were expensive, there were very few Bulgaria/Romania fans  over here, lots of tickets were bought (and not used, the attendance was actually the numbers through the turnstiles, not tickets sold as per now) by French and Spanish fans as there was a loyalty scheme for the next stage.

Remember showing my makem mate round the newish Gallowgate end and he was open mouthed at the change in the place, the last time he'd been in there was an 80's Simod Cup game against Derby, with an attendance of about 7000.

£45 in the East Stand. 4.30 kick offs on weekdays for France v Bulgaria and Bulgaria v Romania.  Daft.

No Ginola, no Cantona. But Stoichkov, Hagi and this Zidane fella from Bordeaux Cantona had raved about earlier that season. Also Bulgaria and Romania were two of the teams of the previous world cup - was very excited at Xmas but it was damp squib in actuality.