Last game you deleted without completing, and ranting

Dunno like, I've definitely played games that I knew were absolute bollocks after an hour :lol:

There's difference between raging at a game and you thinking it's bad lol.

Also referring to that as i said in my previous post i don't know how anyone can gain a strong reaction from a game be it positively or negatively in the first hour.

It's literally never happened to me, I've never loved or hated a game within an hour of playing it.

it can happen, I tried command and conquer 4 after it was included in a C&C bundle within 15 minutes I despised it with every fiber of my being

Dunno like, I've definitely played games that I knew were absolute bollocks after an hour :lol:

There's difference between raging at a game and you thinking it's bad lol.

Also referring to that as i said in my previous post i don't know how anyone can gain a strong reaction from a game be it positively or negatively in the first hour.

It's literally never happened to me, I've never loved or hated a game within an hour of playing it.

it can happen, I tried command and conquer 4 after it was included in a C&C bundle within 15 minutes I despised it with every fiber of my being

I think the closest thing to giving up on a game that quickly was probably Assassin's Creed Odyssey, i wasn't particularly angry about it though.

Just kind of felt "meh it's not for me" and moved on.

Shit, I feel terrible that this has caused so much trouble. Sorry!

If it helps to explain a little, I think in this case I expected so much from the game after all of the great reviews it garnered and so I only had to play for that length of time to find it lacking and disappointing. I don't want to just hate on something for nothing, just I felt a underwhelmed by it.

Sorry this has caused so much outrage  :(

Again you're assuming things, I'm not outraged or felt like you've caused trouble.

Just your original post paints the picture of anger and to me I've never played a game which makes me feel anything at all like that in the first hour.

It's fine, i just probably need to accept I'm probably not a very emotional person. (In either negative or positive thoughts)

Personally, I liked Fallen Order a lot. Not everyone likes it though and I think you can tell fairly early if you will like it or not.

But if everyone liked the same games we wouldn't have that many different ones to choose from.

100%. Why you would bother persisting with something you clearly don't like is beyond me.

Probably Sunk Cost, a lot of the time. Trying to convince yourself it's good after paying £50-odd quid for something... like I did with Destiny 2 :lol:

That Star Wars single player game Fallen Order. I know that loads of places rated it and I think that was mainly because they wanted to stick it to EA and say single player isn't dead (and good on them for doing that) but it was diabolically shit. It was a blocky platformer that made me just feel I was Mario with a lightsaber. I didn't just uninstall it after an hour, I took it back to the shop and exchanged it and I NEVER do that. I hang onto shit in case I ever want to replay it again, even on older machines where I very likely won't.

Mario with a lightsaber sounds amazing.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Fez, again. I want so much to love this game like other people do, and it's so close to getting it right - I love the way it looks, I absolutely adore the soundtrack, I like the way it plays and the simplicity of Find Gold Squares. I fucking hate the way it's put together, the way that going through a door sometimes takes you to a room (good) but equally often takes you to a completely different section of map, again and again, leaving you bewildered and completely lost in no time (not so good). It irritates me beyond belief. Played it for longer than I ever have tonight (about an hour) and I have no idea how to get back to the lighthouse I didn't finish 40 minutes ago. 

Edited by OpenC

Solasta. Great game if you like to see your team swing and miss 9/10 and only getting one hit in per turn so battles last 15 turns to kill a handful of goons.

Fuck off you stupid cunts.

Delete.

On 02/06/2021 at 18:23, Inferior Acuña said:

Xenoblade. Not really knocking it, but started it expecting a turn-based RPG and couldn't do with the battle system.

I actually quite liked the battle system. It was tactical enough in terms of movement to keep me engaged. I never finished it myself though as I lost interest in the story.

53 minutes ago, OpenC said:

:lol: that sort of thing is what I made this thread for

This thread unfortunately sums up most gaming experiences for me these days. I think i'm just too old to learn new games. Far to complex these days.

20 hours ago, Dokko said:

Solasta. Great game if you like to see your team swing and miss 9/10 and only getting one hit in per turn so battles last 15 turns to kill a handful of goons.

Delete.

It's what you get from any game with dice rolls really. I agree that you seem to roll 1's more often than any other game of this type.

Although I tend to like these old-fashioned RPG's, it's annoying when success in many encounters relies almost completely on dumb luck with the rolls.

40 hours in so far on it. It's decent, but the story really isn't very interesting, nor are the characters.

That you only have Fighter, Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Rogue and Wizard to choose from is a bummer. There isn't a huge deal of variety you can put on your party composition.

Since I've played it so far I intend to finish it, but it has been a 5-6/10 game for me. Quite average.

Posted (edited)
On 03/06/2021 at 19:37, Dokko said:

Delete.

Great game. :lol: That’s the beauty of RNG

Also it’s based on D&D rules so at lower levels you are basically as skilled as a new born deer.

Edited by LV

Well, that's lovely. Won't be able to finish Solasta now as the next step in the main quest doesn't trigger.

Hopefully they will roll out a fix for that, otherwise that's that game done.

9 out of every 10 games epicare pretty crap, only got them because they were free

My epic account is catching up with my steam account ;D

Oh and got battlefield 4/ BF 1/ BF hardpoint free on origin (yea i know) yesterday or the day before :)