Last game you deleted without completing + ranting

OpenC

I think with the original Ni No Kuni I got right to the end and never finished it. I beat some witch or something and there was ash everywhere. Something like that.

Was that the one where your team mates were fucking morons?

Breath of the Wild, I just can't get into it and fail to see the hype, the weapons breaking every fight or two irritates me and it overall feels a bit directionless with no sense of urgency which is a weird feeling when the literal embodiment of evil is currently in hyrule castle and that kinda needs to be sorted sooner or later. I'll probably give it another go sooner or later but I'm not hopeful

I'm a sucker for open world games, and have finished all of the ones that I own (GTAs, RDRs, Fallouts, Witchers, saints rows, outer worlds etc etc). Bought Sekiro 2 a while back since it got good reviews and thought it may be fun to go back to a game more in line with how games used to be and was awfully unimpressed and got bored early into it. I kind of knew I wouldn't like it as I enjoy the freedom in open world games too much. Holding W or pointing a joystick forward while mashing buttons for 12 hours just doesn't appeal to me no matter how nice the game looks.

Red Dead Redemption II - I'm sure the story is great. I'm sure the world is great. I just can't believe they kept the same player movement from GTA 5.

Conjo[/member]

I’m similar to you. I need a change of pace from what I’m doing in a game and open worlds have a ton of stuff where I can decide what I’m going to be doing within that world.

It has to be an absolute banger like TLOU for me to enjoy a story driven game without exploration. I thought God of War married both genres almost perfectly.

The Witcher 3 - Started it like ten times, gotten to the first Ciri part once. It's just not very much fun, even though I want to play it to get the story.

BOTW - Really enjoyed it, just stopped playing at some point and it's too far gone to pick it up again from there, and I don't want to start all over again.

Persona 5 - Again, really enjoyable game but the same reason as BOTW applies.

Dark Souls 3 after the 64th (probably) attempt to defeat the first boss and after getting to within a sliver of energy from defeating him before he utterly destroyed me with one move I gave up and never came back.  Always had a love hate relationship with the series, liked bloodborne and demon souls (to a degree anyway), but dark souls is just too annoying.

That Star Wars single player game Fallen Order. I know that loads of places rated it and I think that was mainly because they wanted to stick it to EA and say single player isn't dead (and good on them for doing that) but it was diabolically shit. It was a blocky platformer that made me just feel I was Mario with a lightsaber. I didn't just uninstall it after an hour, I took it back to the shop and exchanged it and I NEVER do that. I hang onto shit in case I ever want to replay it again, even on older machines where I very likely won't.

Assassin's Creed Origins. Just couldn't get into it. I'm sure it's a good game, but after 5-6 hours, just wasn't clicking.

I did the same. I had played every assassins creed other than Unity, but this one didn’t suck me in, I think my problem might have been the revamped combat system.

Imagine having that strong of an opinion on a game after an hour.

I didn't have to imagine, I lived it. Like I say, it is not the sort of thing I would usually do, but it was that bad. It was probably a couple of hours if I really think about it as I did get to the second planet and that's where it was evident how much I wasn't enjoying it. I think that's enough time, don't you? I think Steam only gives you a couple of hours play to make up your mind on a game doesn't it?

It's one of my principles that you shouldn't have to work to extract pleasure from a game, I think your decision was perfectly reasonable and if I wasn't a 100% digital ps4 buyer I would have done the same dozens of times :)

That Star Wars single player game Fallen Order. I know that loads of places rated it and I think that was mainly because they wanted to stick it to EA and say single player isn't dead (and good on them for doing that) but it was diabolically shit. It was a blocky platformer that made me just feel I was Mario with a lightsaber. I didn't just uninstall it after an hour, I took it back to the shop and exchanged it and I NEVER do that. I hang onto shit in case I ever want to replay it again, even on older machines where I very likely won't.

Or, you know, it was actually just a great game regardless of who published it?  ???

I didn't have to imagine, I lived it. Like I say, it is not the sort of thing I would usually do, but it was that bad. It was probably a couple of hours if I really think about it as I did get to the second planet and that's where it was evident how much I wasn't enjoying it. I think that's enough time, don't you? I think Steam only gives you a couple of hours play to make up your mind on a game doesn't it?

Nope you didn't play enough to be that angry at the game lol, you probably played enough to know you didn't like it or not care for it.

But an hour definitely isn't enough to rant about it lol. Honestly i don't personally understand how such an emotion reaction can be taken from a game so quickly, be it positively or negatively.

I've never loved or hated a game in the first hour, not once.

Animal Crossing New Horizons, I picked this up before full lockdown on a whim and honestly I don't get the appeal

My lass has played about 250 hours since launch. Literally over 10 days play in the last 60 days :lol: but I play too much Rocket League, obvz

Nope you didn't play enough to be that angry at the game lol, you probably played enough to know you didn't like it or not care for it.

But an hour definitely isn't enough to rant about it lol. Honestly i don't personally understand how such an emotion reaction can be taken from a game so quickly, be it positively or negatively.

He seems to have played it long enough for his opinion to annoy you like. :lol: I haven't played it, but you sometimes just know if a game's not for you and you know which game I'm talking about. :lol:

Dunno like, I've definitely played games that I knew were absolute bollocks after an hour :lol:

There's difference between raging at a game and you thinking it's bad lol.

Also referring to that as i said in my previous post i don't know how anyone can gain a strong reaction from a game be it positively or negatively in the first hour.

It's literally never happened to me, I've never loved or hated a game within an hour of playing it.

Animal Crossing New Horizons, I picked this up before full lockdown on a whim and honestly I don't get the appeal

My lass has played about 250 hours since launch. Literally over 10 days play in the last 60 days :lol: but I play too much Rocket League, obvz

I honestly just don't get it how can people enjoy paying back a loan so much but whatever floats their boat I suppose.

He seems to have played it long enough for his opinion to annoy you like. :lol: I haven't played it, but you sometimes just know if a game's not for you and you know which game I'm talking about. :lol:

Assuming things is bad, I'm not annoyed. A bit baffled how an hour can form such a strong reaction sure but annoyed?

nah.