Last game you deleted without completing + ranting

OpenC

• 1 month later...

Elden Ring, now officially deleted without completing.

All over the place with none of From's previously impeccable balance and design; uninspiring overpowered bosses; an open world that's just as dull as all the others. A massive, massive disappointment. Can't really believe it reviewed as well as it did tbh. Give me Dark Souls 3 any day, still From's greatest hits but done with a bit of focus.

On 05/02/2022 at 20:13, thomas said:

:lol: I'm still trying it out and downloading new mods. 

GbgT5Tn.png

Still feels light, tbh.

Before I wiped them all I had easily 125+ mods going.

On 03/02/2022 at 10:03, enthusiast said:

rimworld: fantastic game, 10/10, uninstalled after a week because i'd put more hours into it than the average paid employment

:lol: You're the smartest motherfucker here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Avengers was on PS Plus so I thought I'd give it a try.  It's dreadful.  Started by showing me a recap of the entire game I hadn't played yet before sticking me in multiplayer, then when I finally worked out how to start the game I had to run round a convention collecting comics.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Guybrush said:

I'll be surprised if it doesn't move to xbox eventually, considering it's out on PC

sony are one of the publishers of it so that ain't happening, kinda shocked it is on pc gamepass but iirc Kojima did that deal himself and presumably the contracts concerning release on consoles other than playstation are more airtight 

Sony are being more forthcoming with their stuff on other platforms. Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman etc are now on PC. I always just think of the Xbox as PC adjacent, but maybe going from PC to xbox is that one step to far :dontknow:

No ranting but just deleted Crosscode, a pixel art real time battle puzzle rpg. Its got some hype, but I didnt care for the setting. Just didn't click. 

Also deleted another game that was supposed to be a homage to Dreamcast era sonic games, but it was a homage in the sense that emphasised all the bad parts of those games, wonky camera, poor controls etc.

Thank you, Steam refunds!

Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered - Nintendo Switch

I never played the third game at the time of release, so I figured I'd pick it up in a recent Switch store sale. I know most people view Assassin's Creed 2 as the pinnacle of the older style games in the series and having enjoyed both 2 and Black Flag in years gone by, I figured this might be a fun blast. It wasn't.

Firstly, the 'Remastered' addition to the title may apply to versions that appeared on other systems, but it is hardly appropriate here. The Switch version feels like pretty much a straight port of the original, missing out on the bells and whistles that were supposed to make a 2012 game more appealing when it was repackaged for 2019. On top of that, the frame rate is a major issue. When the screen gets busy, or there is a more open area of the map, the frame rate stutters along. This is less forgivable when Black Flag runs very well on the same hardware. It's a very poor or potentially rushed port, as I can't imagine the original game suffered from those issues.

At this point, the game itself just feels very dated. The movement model feels clunky, the combat feels like a chore, just getting around the world is a bit tiresome. I suspect there was a decent game in there when it first came out a decade ago. Or at least one that was similar enough to it's predecessors to draw an audience. This version didn't feel like it was worth revisiting, though.

• 1 month later...

Scarlet Nexus. Tried it a few times and wasn't appalled but not massively excited by it either; tried the technique of buying it when it was cheap rather than having it for free with Gamepass (worked beautifully for me with Hollow Knight, didn't work with Ori so risky tactic) but I just can't get away with it at all now. Utterly generic and uninspired, and absolutely zero fun to play, I fucking hate it now I've bought it :lol: wish I could remember what the mentally-throwing-stuff-about mechanic reminds me of, though 

13 hours ago, OpenC said:

Scarlet Nexus. Tried it a few times and wasn't appalled but not massively excited by it either; tried the technique of buying it when it was cheap rather than having it for free with Gamepass (worked beautifully for me with Hollow Knight, didn't work with Ori so risky tactic) but I just can't get away with it at all now. Utterly generic and uninspired, and absolutely zero fun to play, I fucking hate it now I've bought it :lol: wish I could remember what the mentally-throwing-stuff-about mechanic reminds me of, though 

It's a generic overly anime story for sure, but I enjoyed the fighting mechanics.

I'm also now convinced that the thing that reminds you of Scarlet Nexus is... Scarlet Nexus [emoji38]

Honestly man, it's not :lol: I distinctly remember a game with a similar grab-and-throw psychokinesis mechanic.  I keep thinking it might be that old PS3 open world series Infamous but that was just lightning and suchlike, can't remember being able to actually throw stuff around.

On 06/12/2022 at 15:26, OpenC said:

Honestly man, it's not :lol: I distinctly remember a game with a similar grab-and-throw psychokinesis mechanic.  I keep thinking it might be that old PS3 open world series Infamous but that was just lightning and suchlike, can't remember being able to actually throw stuff around.

Take its not Control, seeing as that was very well received? 

On 06/12/2022 at 14:26, OpenC said:

Warframe? Psi-Ops? Second Sight? Dishonored? Half Life 2? Red Faction? Just Cause?

just thinking of games with a hoy stuff about ability.