Hollow Knight (PC, Switch, Xbox, PS4)

OpenC

Hollow Knight.  A lot of potential although I'm just scratching around at the start and haven't really got an idea what's happening :)

It's pretty slow for the first few hours. As you unlock abilities it gradually becomes a GOAT, quality just continues to rise until the end.

False Knight was a great start. Long as there's some semblance of levelling up or gear, this might be the game I really wanted Salt And Sanctuary to be. Even if there's not, just the bit up to False Knight has been worth the ten quid it cost me.

The hornet fight is class, aye. The next boss is an even better battle, assuming you head in the direction that most players naturally head in first time through.

What I love about Hollow Knight is the flexibility the charms give you, especially as you collect more notches. There are loads of possible builds, and through trial and error you'll learn that certain charms harmonise with others to grant additional effects (if they sound like they should synergise with each other, they probably will with added bonuses).

This is the only game I've ever gone out of my way to fully complete, some of the later, optional areas are genuinely incredible to play and immensely challenging.

I've had it for ages but only played about the first half hour.

I played the first half hour a couple of times when I had PS Now on demo, but there was always something about it.  Si[/member] it's £11 to buy on PSN at the minute and it instantly became more compelling as soon as I'd paid for it, and now I absolutely love it.

We probably should have a thread, aye :)