Hollow Knight (PC, Switch, Xbox, PS4)

OpenC

Mike didn't even get to the This Is The Best Game Ever stage before he gave up on this one :( I've been at work all week but I can't fucking wait to get going again

(that said, if any charitable soul wants to give me a nudge in the right direction I wouldn't object. just beat Italian Dude in the sewer and got to King's Station. beat Soul Master as well, at the top of that bit)

You've got a lot of options now. Best bet is to head back up to the forgotten crossroads and find somewhere to use the ability you got off the soul master. That'll take you to the next area you should hit and the next key item. It'll also lead you towards the resting grounds which is your next story beat.

Only areas I'd really avoid for now if you stumble across them are ancient basin, fog canyon and deepest, which are better tackled later in the game. In particular the former coz you'll just have to return there after unlocking other abilities anyway.

Edit: too late :lol:

I'm not sure what happened. I went somewhere new, got a Dream Nail which I'm not sure what it's for, got killed by something and now I'm back in the normal place with the Dream Nail but I still don't know what it's for.

This is 2D Dark Souls like [emoji38]

I'm not sure what happened. I went somewhere new, got a Dream Nail which I'm not sure what it's for, got killed by something and now I'm back in the normal place with the Dream Nail but I still don't know what it's for.

This is 2D Dark Souls like [emoji38]

Sounds amazing can't wait.

I couldn't get away with dead cells like, not a huge fan of roguelikes to begin with, but I thought it was a bit poorly balanced and repetitive after a couple of runs

I couldn't get away with dead cells like, not a huge fan of roguelikes to begin with, but I thought it was a bit poorly balanced and repetitive after a couple of runs

There's a spike in difficulty that opens up far more to the game once you've done that, like. Not sure if you got to that bit, but it gets a lot better after that imo.

You played Dead Cells OC?

Not yet, it's on the list though.  I don't know anything about it other than it's 2D and a lot of people liked it, and that's usually enough for me to give it a crack :)  There was a roguelike platformer a few years ago that I absolutely loved, where you had to pick your dead character's successor and what traits they had.  Can't remember what it was called, but it was brilliant.  Rogue Legacy?  Looked terrible, controls weren't great, but it was completely compelling after a while.

Getting my dick handed to me in that room with the two cunts. Not even bosses.

If it's the one I think you mean... so many rage quits over that [emoji38]

[emoji38] It almost certainly is.

Not yet, it's on the list though.  I don't know anything about it other than it's 2D and a lot of people liked it, and that's usually enough for me to give it a crack :)  There was a roguelike platformer a few years ago that I absolutely loved, where you had to pick your dead character's successor and what traits they had.  Can't remember what it was called, but it was brilliant.  Rogue Legacy?  Looked terrible, controls weren't great, but it was completely compelling after a while.

Rogue Legacy's the one :thup: I loved it too, it became really addictive after a while as well. Never got that elusive all dungeons on one run thing though.

Dead Cells is a rogue-like, but as with most of them it has its own things that make it unique. It's absolutely nails once you play it properly as well. Definitely worth checking out

Only two together I can think of are those dudes that roll up when you get close to them, there's a room near hornet that you fall into through a treasure chest that contains one at each side. Got to avoid the spitting but hit the mooks they fire so you can keep blasting them. Can't think of anywhere else I've seen specifically two things together.

Only two together I can think of are those dudes that roll up when you get close to them, there's a room near hornet that you fall into through a treasure chest that contains one at each side. Got to avoid the spitting but hit the mooks they fire so you can keep blasting them. Can't think of anywhere else I've seen specifically two things together.

There's a certain boss which we all probably died to 10 times each with lots of two together. It's almost worth following how others get on for that one boss alone.

Rogue Legacy's the one :thup: I loved it too, it became really addictive after a while as well. Never got that elusive all dungeons on one run thing though.

Dead Cells is a rogue-like, but as with most of them it has its own things that make it unique. It's absolutely nails once you play it properly as well. Definitely worth checking out

:thup: will definitely give it a shot then. I think I passed over it in a sale a couple of months back when I regrettably bought Final Fantasy 15 instead. Might be time for a 2D Gaming thread, will have a think about it :)

There's a certain boss which we all probably died to 10 times each with lots of two together. It's almost worth following how others get on for that one boss alone.

Eugh, that boss