Madden

Stifler

Anyone play this?

I bought it in the sale for something different. I’m a complete newb. I did the Pro-ball and did ok on the attack (run down the left wing). The defensive stuff though just seemed to be like delaying the inevitable, very much like watching Newcastle, hoping to run out of time before conceding.

Thanks Mike, nice to be thought of.

Yeah I play it, I have Madden 19 so not the latest one but it’s more or less the same game every year. Only play franchise mode. IMO it’s a good game if you can find a decent set of sliders and are willing to spend hours every offseason fixing the multitude of shit decisions the CPU controlled teams make :lol:

Do you have any particular questions, Stifler?

Anyone play this?

I bought it in the sale for something different. I’m a complete newb. I did the Pro-ball and did ok on the attack (run down the left wing). The defensive stuff though just seemed to be like delaying the inevitable, very much like watching Newcastle, hoping to run out of time before conceding.

Defence is why I can’t stick with this game. I (think I) know which formation to use against a pass and which against a run, and which guy to control in those scenarios. But beyond that, I’m just watching the game play itself until it’s my turn with the ball again.

Anyone play this?

Defence is why I can’t stick with this game. I (think I) know which formation to use against a pass and which against a run, and which guy to control in those scenarios. But beyond that, I’m just watching the game play itself until it’s my turn with the ball again.

Yeah for the last couple of games I opted to just play the offensive plays. The first time around it was good and I was able to get a win by 7 points.

The 2nd time I did it I was 7 points down going into the final minute and a half. I did a few mix plays offensively then only had a few seconds left. I had no option but to go for a pass, nailed it and my man ran off for a touchdown with only 13 seconds left. I obviously gained the extra point for it and won by 1 point.

In the season I have won 3 out of 3.

Thanks Mike, nice to be thought of.

Yeah I play it, I have Madden 19 so not the latest one but it’s more or less the same game every year. Only play franchise mode. IMO it’s a good game if you can find a decent set of sliders and are willing to spend hours every offseason fixing the multitude of shit decisions the CPU controlled teams make :lol:

Do you have any particular questions, Stifler?

Haha, everything.

I assume your league tables are unlike proper football and is determined by points you score in games instead of getting like 3 points for a win etc?

No, points scored are pretty much irrelevant in the league table. I think it’s one of the very last tiebreakers that never has to actually be used.

Since draws are extremely rare in American football it’s done on a pretty simple Wins-Losses system. Team with the most wins is higher in the table.