Demoscene

LFEE

In response to a few posters being unaware of the Demoscene and a few that are part of it I thought there would be no harm making a thread for it...

Was going to give a short explanation of what it’s about for those unaware of it but I’ve decided just to leave it up to Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demoscene

Today I would’ve been returning from Outline 2020 held in Holland but unfortunately due to the Coronavirus it was cancelled and instead was online only.

Here are this year’s entries for the Demo competition...

Enjoyed the BBC and ST ones, but can't really get away with the PC/Windows ones because feel you can pretty much do anything you like on those.  Prefer watching people stretch the limitations of the older hardware in new ways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest chicken little

not got owt to add, but wanted to pipe up to say i'm proper buzzing off the thread. nice one! absolute madness to me what some of these folk can do with 4kb.

keep em coming :)

actually, i'll add this.. one of me lockdown projects that never took off has been to build a midi synth using the ym2149 chip from the st/spectrum etc. - like this https://hackaday.io/project/13468-ym2149-synth - but banged up against the limits of my technical capabilities and put it to one side.

If you need help I can probably put you in touch with people still part of the scene :thup:

Guest chicken little

If you need help I can probably put you in touch with people still part of the scene :thup:

very kind of you to say mate, i may end up giving a shout one of these days (but also may leave it in the big box of unfinished projects under my desk for a while haha)

• 5 weeks later...