Mark Gillespie

joeyt

Guest awaymag

Interested to see what we do with Woodman next season

Newcastle's current aspirations in a nutshell there.  What top 10 club goes out and signs a free transfer from Motherwell!  Absolutely shower of shite this club!

Newcastle's current aspirations in a nutshell there.  What top 10 club goes out and signs a free transfer from Motherwell!  Absolutely shower of shite this club!

Where would you like us to sign our 3rd choice goalkeeper from?

Guest awaymag

I wouldn't sign a 3rd choice keeper, I would use woodman and demote Karl to 3rd choice.

But instead we bring in a free signing so we can sell Woodman and earn a bit of mulla!

I wouldn't sign a 3rd choice keeper, I would use woodman and demote Karl to 3rd choice.

But instead we bring in a free signing so we can sell Woodman and earn a bit of mulla!

You'd waste Woodman as 3rd choice? Great career development there.

Maybe Woodman doesn't want to sit on the bench.

Right now he's 4th choice for me:

1: Dubs

2: Woodman

3: Darlow

4: Gillespie

Thought Darlow was out of contract, so surprised to see him still around. If we can't get Woodman a loan to a prem club next season then we may as well keep him here and challenge Dubravka.

I think its a sensible signing. We're not committing over a million a year to 3/4th choice keeper, who's best days are behind him. Gillespie should have a bit more in the tank, for less money and probably more agile than a 5ft thick wall.

Welcome aboard.

He pretty much says woodman would be sub keeper with Darlow 3rd

Guest awaymag

Exactly.  With Motherwell's finest coming in, I expect Woodman to now leave.

Exactly.  With Motherwell's finest coming in, I expect Woodman to now leave.

Liverpool signed Andy Lonergan after he was released from Boro and he was 35 at the time of signing.

Fuck knows how old Richard Wright & Scott Carson were when City signed them.

We signed Tony Caig on a free from Hibs when we just finished 3rd.

These keepers don't play. Chill out man.

Man City have had Richard Wright & Scott Carson on their bench in recent seasons. Man Utd have Tony Grant as third choice. Chelsea had Ross Turnbull for a while in a similar role. It’s hardly uncommon.

Guest Butcher

Newcastle's current aspirations in a nutshell there.  What top 10 club goes out and signs a free transfer from Motherwell!  Absolutely shower of s**** this club!

Fucking.Hell.

Man City have had Richard Wright & Scott Carson on their bench in recent seasons. Man Utd have Tony Grant as third choice. Chelsea had Ross Turnbull for a while in a similar role. It’s hardly uncommon.

Inadvertently proving your own point very well by getting Lee Grant's name wrong there :lol: