Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham - 05/07/20 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

We’re relegation fodder ourselves.

Mathematically safe if Liverpool hold their lead against Villa.

I think he meant in the grander scheme of things.

In the grander scheme of things we're getting taken over and will be rich beyond imagination.

Ian what the fuck are you on about? We have been safe from relegation all season.

We really haven’t like

Ian what the fuck are you on about? We have been safe from relegation all season.

We really haven’t like

You're in the top 3 stupidest posters here. Enlighten me - when were we in serious relegation trouble?

We really haven’t like

You're in the top 3 stupidest posters here. Enlighten me - when were we in serious relegation trouble?

On October 5 the FiveThirtyEight site was quoting a 41% chance of relegation and projected us to finish in 18th place.  At that stage we were 19th and had just lost 5-0 to Leicester.  I was seriously worried and wasn't the only one.

We really haven’t like

On October 5 the FiveThirtyEight site was quoting a 41% chance of relegation and projected us to finish in 18th place.  At that stage we were 19th and had just lost 5-0 to Leicester.  I was seriously worried and wasn't the only one.

Who the fuck judges their team after SEVEN FUCKING GAMES? "We're fucking defo down after 7 games like"  :lol: :lol:

What happened after the Leicester game? We took 10 points from 5 games.

This board is crackers. Absolutely crackers.  :jesuswept:

We really haven’t like

Who the fuck judges their team after SEVEN FUCKING GAMES? "We're fucking defo down after 7 games like"  :lol: :lol:

Not this board, most teams fan boards in most sports are similar.

We really haven’t like

Not this board, most teams fan boards in most sports are similar.

Not after 7 games. That's bullshit. You can't say a team is in big relegation trouble after 7 games.

I never said or thought "we're fucking defo down after 7 games like."  You just said "we've been safe from relegation all season" and asked "when were we in serious relegation trouble?" I didn't think we were safe when we were in 19th place after the Leicester debacle. I suppose if I'd known that we would beat Man U and take 10 points from the next 5 games (as you apparently somehow did) I'd have been less worried.

We really haven’t like

I know who's crackers!

Draws at home against relegation fodder Villa and West Ham man, not good enough. If we beat both, we're 9th.

Not happy with 12 points from last 6 games?

I'm not happy about not beating two of the worst teams in the league at home, no.

FWIW my post was intended to suggest we shouldn't expect to take points from people like Villa and West Ham, because we fall into a similar quality bracket ourselves. That's it.

Whether or not we've ever been in danger of relegation in practice isn't really the point.

FWIW my post was intended to suggest we shouldn't expect to take points from people like Villa and West Ham, because we fall into a similar quality bracket ourselves. That's it.

Whether or not we've ever been in danger of relegation in practice isn't really the point.

Not like this place to take a post out of context and start arguing about something so boring and pointless.

most of the league falls into that bracket at the moment