Jackie Charlton RIP

RIP Jack.

One of my first memories of football is him managing Ireland at USA 94

I remember Ray Houghton scoring in about the tenth minute to help Ireland beat (eventual finalists) Italy 1-0 being a massive achievement :thup:

I don't really know too much about the Charltons but read this:

A family statement read: "Jack died peacefully on Friday, July 10 at the age of 85. He was at home in Northumberland, with his family by his side.

"As well as a friend to many, he was a much-adored husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

I presume 'brother' not being mentioned is quite significant

Guest neesy111

A family statement read: "Jack died peacefully on Friday, July 10 at the age of 85. He was at home in Northumberland, with his family by his side.

"As well as a friend to many, he was a much-adored husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

Haven't spoken for decades from what I've been told.

Bobby is up his own arse and turned his back on his family and background at the drop of a hat. Jack, and his cousin Milburn both stayed true to their roots.

An absolute legend. He was for Ireland what Keegan was for Newcastle. Raised our expectations of what was possible.

The stories around Italia 90 and USA 94 are brilliant. You won’t hear one player with a bad word to say about him.

RIP