Watford 2-1 Newcastle United - 11/07/20 - post match from pg15

Disco

Rod you call me a robot because I use stats to back up argument? You're angry I use evidence to bolster my argument? Unbelievable.  :lol:

Samp, this is purely a hypothetical question.  Now remember, it's hypothetical.  A team in the Premier league goes undefeated for the full season ending on 38 points but get relegated.  That's right, 38 draws.  In your world would that team be successful or unsuccessful?  Oh dear, your brain can't take it!

The second team in Premier League history to be undefeated? Pretty fucking successful.

But they got relegated.  🤔

Don't make stupid analogies. I enjoy debating and discussing football. My opinion is we play better football under Bruce than Carver. I remember the Carver games and remember how we played (5-0 City beyond dire ). I also provide evidence. 8 losses in a row. Bruce wins 1 in 3 games. Carver won 1 in 7 games. Opinions do matter but facts matter too.

I forgot to add that this "hypothetical" team that got relegated didn't score a solitary goal.  That's right, 38 games that ended 0-0.  Were they a good team Samp?

Rod you call me a robot because I use stats to back up argument? You're angry I use evidence to bolster my argument? Unbelievable.  :lol:

Samp, this is purely a hypothetical question.  Now remember, it's hypothetical.  A team in the Premier league goes undefeated for the full season ending on 38 points but get relegated.  That's right, 38 draws.  In your world would that team be successful or unsuccessful?  Oh dear, your brain can't take it!

The second team in Premier League history to be undefeated? Pretty fucking successful.

Don't make stupid analogies. I enjoy debating and discussing football. My opinion is we play better football under Bruce than Carver. I remember the Carver games and remember how we played (5-0 City beyond dire ). I also provide evidence. 8 losses in a row. Bruce wins 1 in 3 games. Carver won 1 in 7 games. Opinions do matter but facts matter too.

I forgot to add that this "hypothetical" team that got relegated didn't score a solitary goal.  That's right, 38 games that ended 0-0.  Were they a good team Samp?

Clearly not a realistic question though. My question is an easy answer. Yes or no? Your question is fantasy.

Clearly not a realistic question though. My question is an easy answer. Yes or no? Your question is fantasy.

Not at all.  I'm using mathematics and statistics.  A subject you love.  See what you can do with stats Samp?  Use your eyes, brain and common sense and put those old Rothman books away (sorry, you are probably too young).😉

Not at all.  I'm using mathematics and statistics.  A subject you love.  See what you can do with stats Samp?  Use your eyes, brain and common sense and put those old Rothman books away (sorry, you are probably too young).😉

My stats actually happened though. My evidence is actually that. Evidence. Your talking about some weird situation you've thought up in your head that would never ever ever happen.

Why are people still obsessed with Villa, ffs? We got our revenge in the end. And that was ages ago.

We're Ashley's Newcastle, what else is supposed to drive us? There'll never really be a final revenge, I'll probably always want them to be shit. Having them laugh at us, celebrating, at Villa Park, can't imagine it'll ever not be satisfying seeing their club going down. What is football about if not bitterness and grudges?

Exactly this.  I have wished ill will of them ever since that awful day.

I can understand opposing fans taking the piss during the game, but it was all way too premeditated and organised. They'd gone to the trouble of making banners. It was a bit weird.

It's not as though there was any bad blood between us, or we were local rivals.

If we are arguing about who is the better manager than Bruce is way ahead of Carver who was as bad as anyone that we have had that I can remember. If we aren't arguing about that then I've no fucking idea at all about what you are all going on about.

Long after all this is finished, when Shortstaff is celebrating his 7th PL title and 4th consecutive manager of the year award in the magical green and white stripes of Newcastle Aramco FC, you're still going to be remembered as that plonker who loved Stevie Bacon.

NO doesn't forget.

If we are arguing about who is the better manager than Bruce is way ahead of Carver who was as bad as anyone that we have had that I can remember. If we aren't arguing about that then I've no fucking idea at all about what you are all going on about.

Thank you. Finally a sensible post.

I loathe Bruce as much as most, but the idea Carver’s team played better football is absurd. We were an absolute rabble under him - as we have been many times under Bruce but, despite my sig, Bruce has some tactical ideas. Even if they’re frequently wrong.

Schar in midfield, for instance. Seems Bruce felt it would give the team better defensive solidity, as well as another long-range passer next to Shelvey, giving us twice the opportunity to break with ASM and Almiron.

It failed badly, but he’s giving thought to tactics. Even stuck with it for a second match to be sure. Carver didn’t even have that much of a clue.

We’re at the point that the best comparison to Bruce is easily the worst manager in our history, yet some people still feel he’s done a good job.

You agree with him? Better football under Carver?

I can’t remember tbh. I’d say it’s comparable though, but luckily ASM and Almiron have flashes of brilliance.

Can't remember lol. Okay then.

Oh, I remember us being shite, but I can’t remember what system he had us playing. I’ll go back and watch some of it on YouTube though. No real need to laugh though, it was 5 years ago and I’ve had a child since then :lol:

We lost 8 in a row. What do you need to remember?

You’re extremely results driven aren’t you. I thought the question was about the quality of the football?

So we lost 8 in a row and the standard of football was good? 3 wins in 20 games but we played reasonably well? Come on man.

I don’t understand why you can’t see beyond the result though. Plenty of teams have played nice football and been relegated (even Norwich play better football than we do). It’s not difficult to grasp the concept that you can play nice football but still lose, but I do accept that you just want us to avoid relegation each season. Probably why you were such a fan of pardew I guess.

We’re at the point that the best comparison to Bruce is easily the worst manager in our history, yet some people still feel he’s done a good job.

I can’t remember tbh. I’d say it’s comparable though, but luckily ASM and Almiron have flashes of brilliance.

Oh, I remember us being shite, but I can’t remember what system he had us playing. I’ll go back and watch some of it on YouTube though. No real need to laugh though, it was 5 years ago and I’ve had a child since then :lol:

You’re extremely results driven aren’t you. I thought the question was about the quality of the football?

So we lost 8 in a row and the standard of football was good? 3 wins in 20 games but we played reasonably well? Come on man.

I don’t understand why you can’t see beyond the result though. Plenty of teams have played nice football and been relegated (even Norwich play better football than we do). It’s not difficult to grasp the concept that you can play nice football but still lose, but I do accept that you just want us to avoid relegation each season. Probably why you were such a fan of pardew I guess.

tenor.gif

Finally someone who understands the difference between decent football an winning football.

Yes we'd all like mostly winning football, but if it still producing losing football and looking crap at the same time...that's the purgatory we've had all throughout Ashley tenure

I watched the Carver reign with my own eyes. Shite football. That is backed up by how poor our results were. It's not fucking hard to understand. 

You're trying to argue with me when you admitted last night "I can't remember" when I quizzed you on how we played under Carver.  :lol: :lol:

Yes some teams play nice football and get relegated. The Carver team played shite fooball and lost all the time.

I wasn't a fan of Pardew. Making shit up.

How pointless an existence must one lead to have a debate about who is worse, JC or SB?

Its the difference between having my head blown off by a shotgun or cut off by an axe. They both arent appealing.

How pointless an existence must one lead to have a debate about who is worse, JC or SB?

Its the difference between having my head blown off by a shotgun or cut off by an axe. They both arent appealing.

Surely the shotgun as itd be instant. More chance of it needing a few attempts if an axe is used to finish you off.

Guest godzilla

Four pages arguing on who played the better football Bruce or Carver, this is SMB levels of forum discussion  :lol:

Why are people still obsessed with Villa, ffs? We got our revenge in the end. And that was ages ago.

We're Ashley's Newcastle, what else is supposed to drive us? There'll never really be a final revenge, I'll probably always want them to be shit. Having them laugh at us, celebrating, at Villa Park, can't imagine it'll ever not be satisfying seeing their club going down. What is football about if not bitterness and grudges?

Exactly this.  I have wished ill will of them ever since that awful day.

I can understand opposing fans taking the piss during the game, but it was all way too premeditated and organised. They'd gone to the trouble of making banners. It was a bit weird.

It's not as though there was any bad blood between us, or we were local rivals.

I reckon any team outside of the top 4-6 would have done the same.

We were a big club going down having lost Keegan and hired Shearer in the same season. Basically the 2 people most of our fans idolise the most. We were ripe for the banners and mickey taking that day. We had our revenge, and Villa have suffered as much, if not more than we have since then.

I'm all for taking the mick out of them if they go down again, but I'd so prefer it to be West Ham to drop (for reasons no better than most fans enjoying us go down)