Newcastle United 1-3 Liverpool - 26/07/20 post match from pg9

Disco

'Dwight Gayle finishes with aplomb like he normally does'

Seriously man :lol:

I assume he'd heard that Gayle usually finishes like a plum.

:lol:

Honestly I hate the absolute horseshit these 'experts' spout.

Guest Butcher

Bit sad that people want us to lose over some daft points record no one will remember in a few years time.

Who would have thought playing tiny fullbacks at centre back might leave us vulnerable in the air?

Tbf he got between Lazaro and Fernandez and neither of them are tiny. Just lazy marking.

Just a quick scan of the league table, given it looks like 35 points will be the survival number, would that mean we’ve effectively been safe since ASM’s winner v Southampton?

Bit sad that people want us to lose over some daft points record no one will remember in a few years time.

No one will remember a win either.

Don't want to have to deal with insufferable comments about how well Bruce did all summer thanks.

Nope, I can totally understand why they feel that way. Bruce has played up the points comparison himself when there was no need for it.

Aye.

At the end of the day Bruce had the 2 biggest signings of him and the Premier League’s bargain signing of the season playing for him and will get us 13th at best. Rafa has a Championship squad and got us top 10.

Guest chopey

True but it's so irritating to hear lazy pundits use it as evidence of how Bruce is better than Rafa

The media and Bruce will, can I fuck be arsed to listen to it like a broken record.

The give him a chance'rs will be all over it as well. Fuck that. Not like the result means anything to us.

What is this s***?  They're just knocking it around in front of our back 9 like it's training :lol:

Notice how no one talks about the one time Rafa played for a draw at home to Man City anymore.  :lol: