In the light of the failed takeover- are you going back to games, in the future

Big Geordie

Obviously, due to the virus - crowds are banned from grounds at the moment, But once the dust settles on that, do you intend to return to St James' to support Mike Ashley's NUFC, of have you had enough?

As I said in the other thread, I was hoping to return to St James and take my 11 year old daughter, but that's definitely not gonna happen now. Not a chance in hell.

#AshleyOut

Haven't been since Rafa left and I won't be back as long as Ashley is there.

Exactly the same as me, no intention of going back

This. I'd lost interest but now there's no chance at all I'd venture back.

No intention of going back till Mike has fucked off, kinda sad because my Grandson is 8 now and would have loved to take him when he was younger.

He's not remotely interested in NUFC as a result.

I live too far away (Kent) to have any real impact on the clubs pockets, but I won't be going to any games whilst things are as they are.

I haven't paid for any sports packages, nor have I bought a club shirt for years now so that will continue. Shame, I was genuinely thinking about doing both if the takeover had gone through, and I'd have almost certainly been looking at coming up for a few games a season.

Doubt much changes for anyone while Ashley is in charge. Those that sworn off will stay that way and those that still turn up will still turn up (when fans are allowed back).

If the club changes hands I think less people will come back than were prepared to up until today. People are jaded and untrusting, if someone takes over that isn't completely loaded, even then I think there will be a hesitancy and a period of mistrust before everyone that left considers coming back.

Guest reefatoon

Quit going a good few seasons ago. Find the whole premier league football boring as f***. Has been for years. This got my hopes up again though, something I hadn’t felt for years, but after about 7-8 weeks of it dragging on, I could feel myself losing interest again. Won’t go near the place, and will get back to taking the p*ss of the sorry state of the club again. It really is t worth any time, effort or emotion. Hopefully the lockdown and not getting to games has made a lot of people realise Just how s*** it is and that there are better things to do with your time on a Saturday afternoon. Just let it all burn.

I walked away after 38 years when McClaren was appointed but started taking my son in the Rafa promotion season. Renewed my ST for 17/18 but sacked it off when it was clear he wasn't going to back the manager once again the following year.

Would have loved to take my kids to an ambitious NUFC once more but I won't be back until we start acting like a proper club again.

Although I was torn on having the Saudis as owners, I'm still absolutely gutted after today's news.

Been going to Newcastle United games since the 1968/1969 Season.

Got my first Season Ticket for the 1969/1970 Season (the very first season I could afford one) and got called a "glory hunter" for doing that, because we had just won the Fairs Cup the previous season.

Gave up my Season Ticket after Keegan left the second time, as I knew we were becoming a "nothing club" in most peoples eyes, under Ashley.

Despite not having a Season Ticket I have maintained my interest and enthusiasm for NUFC, which is why I was one of the 'optimistic ones' (that I called the 'realistic ones' / the "Manorparkians") over on the Takeover Thread.

NOW, for the first time in my life, since I was old enough to form a rational thought, I am giving up NUFC completely . . because there is simply NO POINT AT ALL in wasting my life on them any more. This was their chance, and it has gone . . so I am gone too.

Very sad.

Maybe the odd big super Sunday hyper football fest between two of the big boys.

Can't think of anything worse than watching two teams whose fans are enjoying seeing their clubs challenging and being successful.