In the light of the failed takeover- are you going back to games, in the future

Big Geordie

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been since Ashley bought the club and won't go until he sells it. Anybody who has contributed financially in any way since Ashley became the owner deserves all the shit we've had and will continue to have. Wankers the lot of you.

Haven't been since Ashley bought the club and won't go until he sells it. Anybody who has contributed financially in any way since Ashley became the owner deserves all the shit we've had and will continue to have. Wankers the lot of you.

:lol:

I don't know the answer to this question.

Given it seems evident that no matter how hard NUFC try, or even how competent any future owner may be, clubs that are not in the favored cartel will not be permitted to genuinely compete (i.e. they may be allowed an occasional dose of luck, but they won't be permitted to build any substantial long term success)  I ask myself, "what's the point?"

Sport is supposed to be the great equaliser - that whomever works the hardest and improves themselves the most will succeed.  But, if the governing body has a finger in the game holding some teams back whilst favoring other teams then it's no longer sport - so what is the point?  The greatest attraction of football, over other sports, is that it is supposed to be 11 vs 11 and the two competing clubs in a game have equal capability to attract, nurture, and develop the talent they need to win.

When Abramovich bought Chelsea it skewed things significantly, as Chelsea went on a spending spree.  We then saw other clubs get mega-rich owners come in and likewise buy themselves silverware.  But, for other clubs hope remained that it was still an equal playing field insofar as they too might one day get bought by a rich oligarch and then be able to compete with the big clubs.  But with the takeover of NUFC being denied (if not officially by word, then unofficially by action) the message has been sent, loud and clear, to all other clubs that they will never be permitted to compete on equal grounds with the cartel that runs the league.

With that in mind I ask, "what is the point?"

I don't know the answer to this question.

Given it seems evident that no matter how hard NUFC try, or even how competent any future owner may be, clubs that are not in the favored cartel will not be permitted to genuinely compete (i.e. they may be allowed an occasional dose of luck, but they won't be permitted to build any substantial long term success)  I ask myself, "what's the point?"

Sport is supposed to be the great equaliser - that whomever works the hardest and improves themselves the most will succeed.  But, if the governing body has a finger in the game holding some teams back whilst favoring other teams then it's no longer sport - so what is the point?  The greatest attraction of football, over other sports, is that it is supposed to be 11 vs 11 and the two competing clubs in a game have equal capability to attract, nurture, and develop the talent they need to win.

When Abramovich bought Chelsea it skewed things significantly, as Chelsea went on a spending spree.  We then saw other clubs get mega-rich owners come in and likewise buy themselves silverware.  But, for other clubs hope remained that it was still an equal playing field insofar as they too might one day get bought by a rich oligarch and then be able to compete with the big clubs.  But with the takeover of NUFC being denied (if not officially by word, then unofficially by action) the message has been sent, loud and clear, to all other clubs that they will never be permitted to compete on equal grounds with the cartel that runs the league.

With that in mind I ask, "what is the point?"

It does seem like there is no longer any point here at NUFC.

We sort of "had a taste" of what it could be like, those of us who came to believe that our owners were now Staveley/PIF/Reubens (it felt like it had already happened) and now we have been told that (again) our 'proper place' is . . .

1 - Ashley.

2 - Bruce.

3 - Relegation.

Yes, so what's the point?

The only thing I’ll be partaking in is lumping on us getting relegated. Last seasons miracle can’t happen again. I might even go lowest points total record along with fewest goals scored. Got to be decent odds.

I reckon we're doomed to go down, Bacon will never luck out again like last season.

And when we buy, loan or bring a free in. Usually you can see what the manager is trying to do, not with Bruce, it's just bodies similar to what you already have.