Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

I vaguely remember him being a goal threat at Derby and looking at his record I guess I was wrong. I still think it’s a solid signing given out situation and squad depth but I don’t see him ousting either Shelvey or Hayden.

He's a mixture of both but better than neither as individuals. Reckon they'll rotate the 3 of them (knowing Bruce he'll play all three and drop Almiron)

I vaguely remember him being a goal threat at Derby and looking at his record I guess I was wrong. I still think it’s a solid signing given out situation and squad depth but I don’t see him ousting either Shelvey or Hayden.

He's a mixture of both but better than neither as individuals. Reckon they'll rotate the 3 of them (knowing Bruce he'll play all three and drop Almiron)

That would make a pretty good player tbf, but I'll reserve judgement until I see for myself.

That would make a pretty good player tbf, but I'll reserve judgement until I see for myself.

He's no worse than what we have, but not the answer to changing a pretty shitty team. The problem is there's so much to fix.

He's no worse than what we have, but not the answer to changing a pretty shitty team. The problem is there's so much to fix.

We are always going to have a pretty shitty team with this regime so there's not much to fix really. The aim is to juggle our resources while building a team which will finish mid-table at best and hopefully avoid relegation. Maybe Jeff Hendricks will help us do that and Mike will make a bit of money.

Yeah, could see him slot into midfield with Hayden and Shelvey in more of a 4-3-3 setup.

Almiron left, ASM right and goodness knows who at striker.

Yeah, could see him slot into midfield with Hayden and Shelvey in more of a 4-3-3 setup.

Almiron left, ASM right and goodness knows who at striker.

Gayle as the striker.

Almost like a new signing!

This could bring back a few thousand fans

Shame about Covid restrictions or they could've broken out the scaffolding from when Shearer signed to let the throngs of returning support welcome him in a way he deserves.

It's weird to think I'll never watch him play for us.

This isn't a dig but how old are you? Just wondering why now, after the past few years, is this the end for you?

43. I barely watched last year either tbf. Was more interested again under Rafa, and I suppose what I did watch last season was out of curiosity.

Haven't been to a home game for nearly 6 years though.

Still can’t look past the Jack Colback signing here like. He had an average season in his first year, even popped up with a few goals. See similar here.

No chance man. Hendrick at the very least has some size and strength and doesn't get pushed around like a small child.

Those years we had Colback and Anita as a midfield pair getting dominated and manhandled man. Lord have mercy. Deeply depressing moments.

Still can’t look past the Jack Colback signing here like. He had an average season in his first year, even popped up with a few goals. See similar here.

No chance man. Hendrick at the very least has some size and strength and doesn't get pushed around like a small child.

Those years we had Colback and Anita as a midfield pair getting dominated and manhandled man. Lord have mercy. Deeply depressing moments.

Colback’s level was similar to Hendrick’s upto after his first season, like. He was just an average Premier League plodder. If Colback was Irish or Welsh I reckon he’d have 20 odd caps between say 2012-16.

Colback’s level was similar to Hendrick’s upto after his first season, like. He was just an average Premier League plodder. If Colback was Irish or Welsh I reckon he’d have 20 odd caps between say 2012-16.

I hear what you're saying. There was just something so pathetic about Colback's lack of stature and strength and how he got pushed around and dispossessed of the ball that I don't think will be an issue with Hendrick.

It's really what frustrated me most about Colback, rather than his general bog standard midfield play.