Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

He played 24 games for Burnley season gone, dropped when he told them he wasn’t signing a new contract. Overall they had a decent season.

Last season we couldn’t beat them. It’s not out of this world to suggest he might actually be an improvement on one or two of our midfield options.

We still don’t know how committed Hayden is either.

Still can’t look past the Jack Colback signing here like. He had an average season in his first year, even popped up with a few goals. See similar here.

No chance man. Hendrick at the very least has some size and strength and doesn't get pushed around like a small child.

Those years we had Colback and Anita as a midfield pair getting dominated and manhandled man. Lord have mercy. Deeply depressing moments.

Colback’s level was similar to Hendrick’s upto after his first season, like. He was just an average Premier League plodder. If Colback was Irish or Welsh I reckon he’d have 20 odd caps between say 2012-16.

I hear what you're saying. There was just something so pathetic about Colback's lack of stature and strength and how he got pushed around and dispossessed of the ball that I don't think will be an issue with Hendrick.

It's really what frustrated me most about Colback, rather than his general bog standard midfield play.

Colback wasn't a bad midfielder skill-wise IMO, if he'd had a bit of pace about him it could have overcome those other shortcomings.

From what I've seen of Hendrick at the top of his game he will be our best midfielder or certainly the one carrying the most goal threat. Not a high bar at SDFC I agree.

I think he’s decent signing for nowt but I’m not sure about his goal threat after reading this!

In four seasons with Burnley, Hendrick played 9,039 minutes across 122 Premier League appearances, scoring nine times (at a rate of 0.1 goals per 90 minutes) and assisting on five occasions (0.05 assists per 90 minutes). He averaged just a single shot per 90 minutes, 0.2 of which were on target, created 0.7 chances per game and enjoyed a passing accuracy of 77.7 per cent.

From what I've seen of Hendrick at the top of his game he will be our best midfielder or certainly the one carrying the most goal threat. Not a high bar at SDFC I agree.

I think he’s decent signing for nowt but I’m not sure about his goal threat after reading this!

In four seasons with Burnley, Hendrick played 9,039 minutes across 122 Premier League appearances, scoring nine times (at a rate of 0.1 goals per 90 minutes) and assisting on five occasions (0.05 assists per 90 minutes). He averaged just a single shot per 90 minutes, 0.2 of which were on target, created 0.7 chances per game and enjoyed a passing accuracy of 77.7 per cent.

Joelinton gets 0.07 goals per 90 minutes.

He'll be more of a threat under Bruce's style of play. (sarcasm)

Hendrick won't be creative enough to fill in for Shelvey, and won't be defensively sound enough to fill in for Hayden. Well, not without Almiron at 10. Then he might just provide enough cover to allow Shelvey to play. Which without incomings has to be the key.

Funny player, he is a box to box type but not a strong tackler. Would be good beside Shelvey and Hayden. Sadly goes to show where we are as a football club he is probably the best we can attract.

Will probably routinely end up on the wing. Bruce won't easily drop Shelvey to accommodate him and he also has the Longstaffs to try to keep happy.

Funny player, he is a box to box type but not a strong tackler. Would be good beside Shelvey and Hayden. Sadly goes to show where we are as a football club he is probably the best we can attract.

Clubs like us who don't want to compete at the top end will always be in for these type of players. Shelvey is a prime example, technically a superb passer, but no gas or engine to speak of. Hayden has bags of energy, but not much of a football brain. We'll buy wingers who are pacy and can dribble, but can't finish. Strikers who cost £5m because they can kick a ball. Or £40m because they are only 21.

Clubs like us who don't want to compete at the top end will always be in for these type of players. Shelvey is a prime example, technically a superb passer, but no gas or engine to speak of. Hayden has bags of energy, but not much of a football brain. We'll buy wingers who are pacy and can dribble, but can't finish. Strikers who cost £5m because they can kick a ball. Or £40m because they are only 21.

Spot on and why I will barely tune in next season if all. Grown tired of our lack ambition on and off the pitch. Just there to even up the numbers