Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

Think I’ll be in the minority here but I think this is a bad transfer.

His form wasn’t great for Bournemouth last season going off the reaction to him and how he decided to leave them in the shit - which was awful. We’ll be blowing a large portion of our budget on his wages because that’s how Mike works, he was rumoured to be wanting 80k per week last I saw. He plays his best football in the same position as ASM does. Why make someone a top earner at the club who isn’t as good as the player who plays in that position? Most importantly though we are guaranteed to have a shit season this year and anyone who’s confident that we’re staying up is lying to themselves.  Is this guy really the type of player you want to fight for your club?

I’d rather we ended the Joelinton as a striker experiment and used him and ASM as your left sided players then blast out budget on a striker that we do desperately need. Given the transfer now looks likely I hope I’m way off here.

A decent player. I’d question whether he actually wants to be here or not though.. dragging his feet waiting for interest from bigger clubs apparently, and who would blame him I guess.

True. If I was a professional footballer, even as a fan I think I'd be looking for interest elsewhere.

Would Bruce try playing him, Almiron & Saint-Maximin together? I think that’s a 10-12th placed attack. I reckon Wilson would be the ideal striker to play ahead of those. I just don’t think the quality is there in midfield or defence. Benitez made some average players look good the way he set up.

He’s a good player but the way he refused to sign a short contract extension to help Bournemouth escape relegation in case he got injured and jeopardised his next contract was a very poor. Reminiscent of Michael Owen really

I doubt he’s on much by Premier League standards. This is going to be his one big contract to take him to 30-31, can’t blame him as shit as it might have been for Bournemouth.

Yeah, the risk of him getting injured in those last games for a club he was leaving was a lot to ask. Especially as he didn't already have a deal lined up with a new club.

Really couldnt give a shit  :lol:

as already said, with bruce and his 'tactics' - we will under-perform all season.

Wouldnt surprise me if ASM ends up benched.

All signs point to Joelinton getting benched.

The players being brought in are what Bruce is more accustomed to working with and so I could see him doing well with them.

It's what they should have just let him do in the first place, instead of wasting a fortune on Joelinton and now messing up his situation so badly.

Really couldnt give a s***  :lol:

as already said, with bruce and his 'tactics' - we will under-perform all season.

Wouldnt surprise me if ASM ends up benched.

All signs point to Joelinton getting benched.

Like gayle being crocked?