Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

59 minutes ago, danny said:

Well im willing to give him a second chance :)

Absolutely, all players have a clean slate for now.  Anybody can potentially become demoralised when your boss is a fat workshy cretin.  Going forward, I'm hoping that there will be some pleasant surprises from the existing squad.

I think he can do well. It was always a curious signing because Fraser was the creative player in a team that kept the ball, rather than an explosive player you'd need for counter attacking. If Howe implements the same style he did at Bournemouth and he goes through an attitude correction, he's a solid player

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Wonder what Howe will do with him. Got a lot out of him but he refused to play in the extended COVID season.

He's been completely ineffective so far like.

He didn't actually refuse to play as such, his Bournemouth contract expired in June. He was offered a contract to play the rest of extended season and turned it down.  

There's a quote somewhere from Fraser from a while ago saying he still got on okay with Howe, that he'd met him for coffee post-Bournemouth.  I'm interested to see what happens, I think there's a decent player in there and this is the best chance to try to get that out of him.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

“Me and Ryan always had a very strong relationship. He was absolutely brilliant. From day one, he really took on board what we were trying to do with him. He worked incredibly hard and he got all the rewards.

“I was disappointed for us with the ending at Bournemouth, but I was disappointed for him, too. That’s in the past. The future’s the future and I’m delighted to be working with him again.”

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Shout out for the wee man. Sumptuous ball in for the third and a very important nick on the ball in our own penalty area late on. Hopefully will continue to be of use to us. 

That nick  was almost a penna , small margins , great ball mind .I can’t stand him but I so want a player to evolve out of him please I really do.

2 hours ago, Ed210 said:

Yesterday must have been his first actual contribution since he joined. 

Nah he’s had a few assists, but has been largely turd. Good to know that he, Joelinton and Shelvey actually have footballing ability though. Crazy what some proper coaching and fitness can do…

Edited by St. Maximin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...