Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

Was Ronaldo's foul on him worthy of a red? There wasn't any malice IMO but he completely missed the ball and cleaned the player out. I thought it was at least worthy of a look via VAR.

Hated the "Oh don't be silly" from Ronaldo followed by the "oh okay it's alright because you're Ronaldo" from the ref immediately following the foul.

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Was Ronaldo's foul on him worthy of a red? There wasn't any malice IMO but he completely missed the ball and cleaned the player out. I thought it was at least worthy of a look via VAR.

Hated the "Oh don't be silly" from Ronaldo followed by the "oh okay it's alright because you're Ronaldo" from the ref immediately following the foul.

He's side swiped him lol.

He seems incredibly limited on the ball - aside from presumably his crossing (which is something we basically never do) but I've enjoyed his tenacity and combative nature on the last few occasions I've seen him. It's patronising but he's one of those players who would probably be class in the Championship. 

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

Ronaldo knew exactly what he was doing. Pretty much right in front of me and he took Fraser out, completely blindsided him, Fraser had no idea that Ronaldo was going to launch into him like that. Cheap shot.

Fraser played well last night, looked much fitter.

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Hope saying Fraser has done his hamstring. 

Was just thinking we could get away with having ASM out short term more than Wilson due to having Fraser & Almiron but if this is the case, it’s very bad news. Was looking forward to seeing him in full flow once we’d gotten the bigger clubs out of the way.

15 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Turns out there is actually a decent player in there then.

His best game for us today.

Thought he pressed really well last night, defensively he was superb. Not been a fan at all, but fair play, he put in 100% in that game. 

I've been a huge critic of Fraser during his time here, but he is getting better under Howe. Far better commitment and effort. Gutted he's injured, seemed like he was going to move in to form that could directly lead to helping us win games if he kept getting game time.

• 2 weeks later...