Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

• 2 months later...

The Athletic said that Southampton and Brentford were interested in the summer. Doubt Brentford would be interested now:

Ryan Fraser is the most likely to depart permanently among the first-team squad, with the winger struggling for regular game time and keen to depart. The 28-year-old asked to leave during the summer when Southampton had shown interest and Brentford was touted as a potential destination, and Howe may now allow the Scotland international to go if another forward arrives.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He was really solid last season and a few months later he's behind Murphy.

Aye. That run of games he had when we started our upturn in form really led me to think he would be back to his best under Howe. Once Miggy got back in at the end of last season Fraser has never really looked close to getting back to that form. If Celtic or Rangers can afford his wages he'd look like a god up in Scotland. 

Never really got going in a Newcastle shirt. Feels a bit disappointing as he made some useful contributions last year, especially once we started picking up wins in and after January. He’s still a good player in my view. Will always be fond of him for calling Bruce out for what he was.

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any noise about other clubs being interested in Fraser? Feel like he’s someone we could shift although I don’t know how much he’s on. He’s 28, hopefully he wants to go somewhere else and get some playing time in rather than just sitting on the bench 

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Has there been any noise about other clubs being interested in Fraser? Feel like he’s someone we could shift although I don’t know how much he’s on. He’s 28, hopefully he wants to go somewhere else and get some playing time in rather than just sitting on the bench 

Tenuously linked with Southampton and Everton this month.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Tenuously linked with Southampton and Everton this month.

His agency have links to Southampton, Everton, Brentford, Leicester, Aston Villa, Leeds, Norwich, Blackburn and Watford. It was reported he was looking for a new club with a preference to go down south so could imagine they've been exploring the Southampton, Brentford, Norwich and Watford opportunities although might be depending on other business like Sarr and Diaz outgoings. 

• 2 weeks later...