Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

They were given 4 days off a week for "working hard" and had physio facilities that resemble a local gym. For a player that was already injury prone, this move made no sense for either party. I guess he won't give a fuck being on £60k a week or whatever he's on though. Another shitty bargain bin signing by the Ashley era.

Not sure what his role was yesterday. The crossing was all coming in from Trippier, so I assume his job was to support Wood and get into the penalty area. If he did, I must have missed it. 

In the middle of the game people were talking him up (and slagging off ASM, our good footballer [emoji38]) but I can't see it. His crosses were behind the man, he can't beat anyone, he just seems to do a bit of running around to zero effect whatsoever. Needs replaced immediately. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure what his role was yesterday. The crossing was all coming in from Trippier, so I assume his job was to support Wood and get into the penalty area. If he did, I must have missed it. 

He combined ok with trippier but it was like he was supposed to come inside and open up space for trippier. He works hard and gets stuck in but he comes across like a shitter but pacier Matt Ritchie. 

Think alot of it is to do with his role, whatever that is, probably not aided by the shite central midfield we have.

On 17/01/2022 at 02:25, toontownman said:

He works hard and gets stuck in but he comes across like a shitter but pacier Matt Ritchie. 

Think alot of it is to do with his role, whatever that is, probably not aided by the shite central midfield we have.

If Wood is playing up top, it might actually be worth putting Ritchie in right midfield/wing just to swing the ball in. It was where he used to play most of the time. His shooting is decent too. I think he'd achieve more than Fraser or Almiron, and do what he's told, which Murphy doesn't seem to do.

His striking of a ball is abysmal. I find it hard to understand how a premier league footballer can strike the ball so poorly. I’m looking forward to a time when we don’t have his name in the squad but at least he is committed 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't help but like him despite his weaknesses, he never stops.

Agreed. I got a bit sentimental tbh when his shot that got blocked when ASM played him through on the break at the end of the match when you could see how much pain he was in but instead of laying down like 90% of footballers would do he battled through the pain and ran the full stretch of the pitch back to help defend. :lol: