Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

19 hours ago, HTT II said:

On Atsu, who could at least finish.

I liked Atsu a lot, but it's important to remember two things. 

1.) Fraser has had 18 months at the club, 16 of which were under Steve Bruce. Compare that to working under a tactician like Benitez that meticulously strategisies each player's role. I'm not even talking just tactics here either. We heard some pretty ropey stuff about fitness under Bruce and it's debatable if he's ever been fit. 

2.) Fraser's peak in the Premier League had him with 21 goal contributions. I'm not convinced we'll get close to that, but he's certainly got the creativity to produce something. I won't be writing him off until there's a degree of stability for him to thrive in.

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Seems like a good lad. Hope he pushes on

To somewhere else along with most of them, he’s the old old Ashley NUFC, this is a new era, he’s not good enough!

He was never talk of the League man, he’s always been a bang average player who had a decent if brief really good spell at Bournemouth and then he, well, ended up at no man’s land at Ashley and Bruce’s NUFC on a free. That says it all for me. He seems a good egg, but fuck me, I hope we see the last of him and many others after this season ends, even if it ends in the Championship.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

He was never talk of the League man, he’s always been a bang average player who had a decent if brief really good spell at Bournemouth and then he, well, ended up at no man’s land at Ashley and Bruce’s NUFC on a free. That says it all for me. He seems a good egg, but fuck me, I hope we see the last of him and many others after this season ends, even if it ends in the Championship.

He was incessantly linked to Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Manure and Everton under Ancellotti over 2019/2020. Don't disagree with the rest though.

Just now, toontownman said:

He was incessantly linked to Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Manure and Everton under Ancellotti over 2019/2020. Don't disagree with the rest though.

The fact he ended up here shows his real level and even then he isn’t quite good enough even for us! I wish him well when he leaves, he seems a good egg, but my god what an average footballer, all work and huff and puff and that’s about it! 

15 hours ago, HTT II said:

The fact he ended up here shows his real level and even then he isn’t quite good enough even for us! I wish him well when he leaves, he seems a good egg, but my god what an average footballer, all work and huff and puff and that’s about it! 

He's definitely one of the players we'll need to upgrade in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...