Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

9 hours ago, woody said:

I loved the "I don't want to say too much about before..." moment. Impression given (which isn't unbelievable) is that Howe is way more connected to his players and communicating more than the human kebab was.

Think it is about the quality of training and game plans as well.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I mean it’s one game hardly great figures all season is it.

Not at all, no, you're right.

I do think it's really hard to judge, though. This is only the second time this season he's played four on the bounce. If he doesn't get injured again I'm almost certain he'll continue to improve, as he's doing now (being helped by having Trippier behind and better players around, though).

He's nowhere near the assist machine he was at Bournemouth and even if he's lost a yard, that player can't have totally disappeared.

Very very pleased for him mind. A very likeable character now he’s fully fit and not a Bruce throw him in and do something player!

As he had a goal and an assist he clearly had an effect on the game.

However, apart from energy I can’t really see that he’s offering much if I’m judging the season so far rather than just the 1 game.

Seems a great guy but he’s the most droppable player for me atm.

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

However, apart from energy I can’t really see that he’s offering much if I’m judging the season so far rather than just the 1 game.

Not sure who you'd play there instead though? Can't see Murphy or Almiron doing any better there. Don't see any logic in dropping him after arguably his best game since he's been here.

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

He's a bridge player.  He'll help us this year and next but the squad will out grow him.  

Worked his rear off yesterday, didn´t get going in an attacking sense but made a huge amount of recovery runs and track-backs in the second half.

Don´t think he is droppable at the moment, bit like Shelvey in that regard, they have both upped their performances over the last few games...

Long may it continue!!

He has put a shift in since Howe was appointed, but what made him a handy player at Bournemouth was his pace, which he seems to have lost some of since he signed for us and that’s a shame because that gave him that extra attacking threat which he still has, in that he does try to get forward and in behind, but any defender with pace will recover or cut him off which Mings did several times yesterday for example. 

Love this bloke. Missing out on Lingard might end up turning out to be a blessing because he’d probably have taken Fraser’s place. He’s starting to look more dangerous and we’re probably going to need his work rate even more with Trippier out. I’d keep him as a squad player over the next 1-2 years when we start upgrading positions.