Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

I thought he was our MotM today; for someone that was noticeably off the pace under Bruce he just relentlessly keeps going now. He seems to be adding to his game with every passing week too - from a limited hard working player to a pretty constant threat now, confident in taking a man on and backing himself to make intricate passes.

You'd also think he was left footed given the number of crosses he put in with the left.

Murphy really can learn a lot from Fraser - where Fraser gets an inch of space he crosses instantly, Murphy will take another touch or two, completely undoing the opportunity he's just earned himself.

Probably the best he’s played for us; still blowing out his arse after 70 minutes mind but he probably has to run twice as much as everyone due to his small legs so it’s probably fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

Probably the best he’s played for us; still blowing out his arse after 70 minutes mind but he probably has to run twice as much as everyone due to his small legs so it’s probably fair enough. 

Was he? I thought he seemed to be still going strong in the closing stages today.

Just now, Lenny said:

Was he? I thought he seemed to be still going strong in the closing stages today.

I thought so aye but he does always look shagged after about 5 mins so he might not have been.

Guest reefatoon

The transformation in our players is unreal. They are like a completely different set of players. Confidence, fitness, belief and professionalism running through them all now.

1 hour ago, Outremont said:

Superb today, stretched their defence and made great decisions with the ball. MoM.

He was outstanding and the work rate was top notch. This guy was all over them and put in some great crosses too.

Edited by McDog
spelling

Whilst Fraser's crosses lacked any strength or whip with his left foot, it was still great to see him put them in and quite effectively too. I'm a big believer in left footed crosses from the left and right footed crosses from the right because generally they mean the defender and attacker are running towards goal, instead of being more static when someone cuts inside and uses the other foot. I think it's something which makes a massive difference to the effectiveness of the cross.

Really like this guy. Really putting in the effort and adding a bit of quality now. Must admit as the transfer window closed I thought we needed someone in on the right as he was the weak link going forward but glad to be totally wrong (again)